Need help settling a dispute with a friend....Re: ADAM OATES

ThreeCups

there is something seriously wrong with you. a better topic of discussion should be how you even have a friend and were you dropped on your head as a kid.

HA I am so glad I dropped in here mid summer, your antics are always highly amusing....

im not going to flame a dude for getting a jersey of someone who is at least in the organization. at the end of the day adam oates is a devil. i personally think fans who have jerseys of their own name on the backs of their jerseys is kinda silly. but again i wouldnt flame them either. im not sure what type of responses u were hoping to get from this thread. but judging from the way that u continue to defend your point, i guess its not what u were hoping for.

Most people have said they would not do it themselves. That is basically all I was looking for. Of course it is up to an individual what to put on their jersey.....

Exactly. Your friend is doing something that makes him happy and at the same time is doing nothing wrong. So why do u want to make him feel like an idiot. He's buying a Devils jersey with the name of an assistant coach on it. Nothign wrong with that.

..plus, like someone mentioned before, Oates is a Devil.. and 100% apart of this organization. If I saw someone wearing a Devils jersey with Paul Coffey, there would be cause for concern. However, if I saw something like *Lamoriello - #1.. I'm not going to say; "Oh, he never played for the Devils though." I'm just gonna think that it's really cool.

In the end, people can put whatever they want on their Devils jersey. I've seen DEVSRULE.. RANGERSSUCK.. etc. Personally, I think an Oates Devils jersey would be pretty cool. (especially if we happen to win a Cup with him)

..plus, like someone mentioned before, Oates is a Devil.. and 100% apart of this organization. If I saw someone wearing a Devils jersey with Paul Coffey, there would be cause for concern. However, if I saw something like *Lamoriello - #1.. I'm not going to say; "Oh, he never played for the Devils though." I'm just gonna think that it's really cool.

In the end, people can put whatever they want on their Devils jersey. I've seen DEVSRULE.. RANGERSSUCK.. etc. Personally, I think an Oates Devils jersey would be pretty cool. (especially if we happen to win a Cup with him)

Oates is a Devils' ASSISTANT COACH. He does NOT play on the team, and NEVER DID. Therefore, an Oates Devils jersey is historically inaccurate, and in my opinion stupid. This is not comparable to the "DEVSRULE", "RANGERSSUCK", or "CUPCHAMPS" jerseys you tried to compare them to. Those are unique in their own way, and are not players who NEVER PLAYED FOR THE DEVILS. How many people went out and got TREMBLAY jerseys?

He said to post it and see what people said....I was not really belittling him, it was just a funny conversation....

EDIT: How could I miss that it was you, the infamous "Gamebreaker"...you only seem to post in threads I post in to try to argue with me. Glad to see the obsession is still not over.... :D

Listen. The point is, enough people here have agreed that its an ok idea that you have no right to make him feel bad for buying the jersey.

hahahaha I guess you take the side of his friend? :giggle:

I just think that would be hilarious. I think the Oates jersey is stupid but I really wouldn't care either way. But to see someone ask for Roshamboing to be demonstrated on them would be hilarious to someone who knows what it is and make this thread worth it :cheers:

Edited by DH26

Listen. The point is, enough people here have agreed that its an ok idea that you have no right to make him feel bad for buying the jersey.

exactly.

threecups started this thread in the hopes that ppl would respond with slams at how ridic something like that would be. and other than maybe 4 posts out of 40 replies, that just didnt happen. if anything more people sided with the notion that theres nothing wrong with having a jersey like that.

i also know the guy who he's talkin about. he s a bigger devil fan than over half of the people on this board. so saying that he knows nothing about the sport is nuts

You DO have the right to make him feel bad for buying the jersey(not too hard though, let's all be friends still). Yeah he's a legendary player, but never did he even put a Devils jersey on. And seriously, he's an ASSISTANT coach. He never even won a cup as a player!(not that he didn't deserve one) If any of my friends that are Devils fans expressed interest in buying a fvcking Adam Oates jersey just because he is the assistant coach and USED to be a great player, he/she would receive endless ribbing from me and many others I know. Yeah he can do whatever he wants I guess, but he should be prepared to get made fun of because that is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

P.S. Gamebreaker sucks.

You DO have the right to make him feel bad for buying the jersey(not too hard though, let's all be friends still). Yeah he's a legendary player, but never did he even put a Devils jersey on. And seriously, he's an ASSISTANT coach. He never even won a cup as a player!(not that he didn't deserve one) If any of my friends that are Devils fans expressed interest in buying a fvcking Adam Oates jersey just because he is the assistant coach and USED to be a great player, he/she would receive endless ribbing from me and many others I know. Yeah he can do whatever he wants I guess, but he should be prepared to get made fun of because that is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

P.S. Gamebreaker sucks.

That was pretty much my thoughts exactly. People took it way too seriously.

exactly.

threecups started this thread in the hopes that ppl would respond with slams at how ridic something like that would be. and other than maybe 4 posts out of 40 replies, that just didnt happen. if anything more people sided with the notion that theres nothing wrong with having a jersey like that.

i also know the guy who he's talkin about. he s a bigger devil fan than over half of the people on this board. so saying that he knows nothing about the sport is nuts

I didn't start the thread with "hopes that ppl would respond with slams", I just wanted him to see that other people agreed that it was NOT a good idea to get such a jersey. Yes "it is his choice and he can put whatever he wants on his jersey" etc etc, but nobody else has said that they would get one, and it's pretty much unanimous that it is a silly idea....

I didn't start the thread with "hopes that ppl would respond with slams", I just wanted him to see that other people agreed that it was NOT a good idea to get such a jersey. Yes "it is his choice and he can put whatever he wants on his jersey" etc etc, but nobody else has said that they would get one, and it's pretty much unanimous that it is a silly idea....

Whatever you say... :koolaid:

if you typed that with a straight face youre lying. you keep showing again and again on this site that youve got some head issues so please continue.

Bro, you're obsession with me is pretty creepy. You have proven you know nothing about hockey and you contribute even less to this board. Please jump off the nearest cliff, thanks....