Espn Nhl Hockey Or Nhl 2004?

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

I can not and will not in good conscience give any money to anything with

not only the ESPN name but Thorne and Clement-head doing the

commentary on it, to me I don't care how awesome the game is.. it's just

WRONG !! God knows I made enough a scene in Woodbrige Mall last week

when the guy even mentioned ESPN Football to me and I went psycho on him :P

.. but I could be biased !! :evil:

I can't give an opinion on NHL 2004 because I have not played it. I have however not been able to put down ESPN Hockey for the past week since I've purchased it. It is one, if not the best and most enjoyable sports game that I've ever played. I have heard that NHL 2004 is an awesome game too. You probably can't go wrong with either title.

I cut Mattecui or something like that & traded Darby and a 5th rounder for a 2nd rounder, and signed on Cliff Ronning for a 2 year contract. My projected profit right now is 20.9 mil for the season. Lou's fired if it's this easy. :lol:

I'm 2-1 right now, thinking about signing on a D man to replace Giroux.

You even have to assign a short, medium, or long pratice, or even a day off.

What staff/facilities did you upgrade NJay?

How do you lose in hockey games, I really dont see how. I cannot remember the last time I did not go undefeated, with the top ten goal scorers in the league, on allstar difficulty, these games really arent made to hard. I havent played NHL this year though. Is the franchise mode comparable to Madden yet? Or still 5 years behind?

Don't forget Microsoft is comming out with NHL Rivals. From what I hear its supposed to be really good. They got stuff like having a video for each rival and it shows a bit of history about the rivalry, pond hockey, and the crowd reacts to whats goin on (like getting quiet on a potential breakaway or reacting to close goal). So far thats all I've heard about it.

How do you lose in hockey games, I really dont see how. I cannot remember the last time I did not go undefeated, with the top ten goal scorers in the league, on allstar difficulty, these games really arent made to hard. I havent played NHL this year though. Is the franchise mode comparable to Madden yet? Or still 5 years behind?

You haven't played NHL2004 yet then. Even on Normal it's hard as hell and you actually celebrate in RL if you get a goal.

I gotta rent this game soon.. I tend to buy it on PC, but now I can stick the network card and do my updates that way too.. and we could do a whole njdevs group forum there too which would be cool ....

I ran this once in 1996, where me and 5 people took the whole league broke it down and re-drafted to give us all stacked teams and had fun with it.. I'd

love to try that again too if anyone else likes the idea ??

I was thinking about that too, have our own on-line NJDevs.com league for NHL 2004. But when I got down to it, everyone would always pick the Devils. :D

That and my connection got down-graded to dial-up and it would suck playing this game on the net with dial-up.

I do think it's a good idea though if we create a league from here and just do a fantasy draft if that's possible.

We can make it random order.. or can't you rename teams in franchise mode ?? We can always do that

I do think we would have to make it a high-speed internet only league to keep the playing field fair... and if we can rename teams and do their own

jerseys it it would be really cool.. and you KNOW someone will make a Charlestown Chiefs group :D

Ok, I just remembered about this and wondered if I was the only one. In NHL 2003 for the PC, everytime I played Carolina in a season, their center Zigomanis would be HUGE. :blink: I'm talking like 3 times the size as everyone else. It's funny cuz when you'd fight him you'd be hitting him below the belt with uppercuts. Anyone else ever seen this?

Not a bad game, it is a really great game for the GM depth. You get to run a franchise for twenty years and making a profit while winning at the same time is pretty tough. As far as the gameplay goes, huge improvement over years past but a couple things really bother me.

1. Backhanders!!!! I want the people who made this game to shoot a backhander on a real ice surface from 50 feet away and hit the net perfectly 98% of time like it does in their game. Last years version was much more realistic with shooting as it had a lot more errant shots, depending of course how long the player had posession of the puck on his stick. Last year, backhanders had a range of about 5 feet +/- 2 feet depending on the player. It just drives me nuts when the opposing team scores 75% of the time with a backhander and the player wasn't even facing the net when he was all the way out to the blue line. I hope EA puts out a patch to fix this.

2. Not a major concern if you play against a human, but the AI makes stupid passes. You'll surprisingly pick off a lot of cross ice passes that it makes right in front of it's own net! You can score atleast 2 goals a game just by hanging out in front of the net. The computer goalie makes turnovers an art form and passes sometimes right to your player while he is fishing out the puck from behind his own net. All you have to do is shoot it into the empty net before he gets back.

Overall not bad, I haven't played ESPN Hockey yet but EA put out a quality hockey game this year. If someone has played ESPN Hockey I would love to hear their analysis.