Since we signed Kovy

JakeDev

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parise is not being rushed to the C. Toews and Crosby wear it just fine.

You've been hyping this for a while.

This is a Devils team with deep expectations each year.

Do you keep yanking the "C" off guys and giving to someone new, while the old holder looks on?

Elias didn't know what to do with captaincy, Parise will take a year to figure it out and not try to offend JAmie or Patty.

Unecessary move for what could come naturally - all so some fans can add a "C" stitched onto to their Replica jersey.

Langs had a rough NHL year with a coach that never should have been here in the 1st place. Prior to the Olympics this board had him set up for sainthood.

I'm one of the few that is glad our Captain has the balls to speak out and see when the coaching decisions are tanking a team with an HOF goaltender, and 3 elite scorers.

Many here pin the blame on the wrong JL.

True, but don't overlook the fact that Chris Stewart and Peter Mueller are RFAs right now. ;) They're bound to get decent pay raises... especially Stewart and the monster season he posted.

In another thread I was more specific, thinking Rolston/Zubrus + Salvador for John-Michael Liles would make sense for both teams. Devils shed salary and get a puck-moving defenseman, Colorado gets experience and depth.

Why you gotta crush everything I create?

I think that trade could work, but two things that would concern me is that you'd have to get both Sal and Rolston to waive their NTC's and also Liles always seems to be inconsistent with his work, great some nights and disappears others. I'd take Quincy over Liles.

Always nay-saying! Everything I create! You create something... like inward singing!

I think that trade could work, but two things that would concern me is that you'd have to get both Sal and Rolston to waive their NTC's and also Liles always seems to be inconsistent with his work, great some nights and disappears others. I'd take Quincy over Liles.

Plus Liles has a NTC, of course. And I'd also gladly take Quincey... but Quincey's way cheaper and five years younger. Doubt the Avalanche willingly give him up, unless there's a good prospect coming their way.

Always nay-saying! Everything I create! You create something... like inward singing!

You sit in your tower! What's funny?

Plus Liles has a NTC, of course. And I'd also gladly take Quincey... but Quincey's way cheaper and five years younger. Doubt the Avalanche willingly give him up, unless there's a good prospect coming their way.

True, Liles would be more likely to go but I still would like Quincy.

Salvador doesn't have an NTC

BTW: Welcome to the forums!

Thanks very much!

Off topic I know but I'm stupidly excited about the season now. We've got a heatwave on and all I can think about is "Roll on October". Sad.

Anyway, I rate Corrente and Tedenby. Would be a mistake to let them go, although teams will probably want Rolston with a package that will be worth something in the long run. Especially as our position is so clear - the offload mode is truly on now.

Having said that, the way Lou has handled the whole Kovalchuk deal makes me think that anything is possible for him. He'd probably sort out the Middle East and get Iran to go Jewish if he wanted to. So don't be surprised if we see Rolston and Salvador go to Colorado with somebody like Dan Kelly for Cumiskey, Michael Bournival and some decent picks in the draft.

If Rolston produced like a 5+ mil player I'd be thrilled but right now he is playing like a 2 mil player. That drives me nuts. I love his attitude and his desire, I dislike his inability to hit the back of the net, or heck.. the net itself.

If Lou can shed the salary and somehow keep Zubes, I'll be blown away.

Did he earlier that expired? I could have sworn it was there. I even had capgeek open in the window to double check. My apologies

No problem... capgeek was wrong and posted a correction... "Correction on #nhl #njdevils Bryce Salvador: He doesn't have an NTC. Rolston in fact does have a full NTC."

Anyway, I rate Corrente and Tedenby. Would be a mistake to let them go, although teams will probably want Rolston with a package that will be worth something in the long run. Especially as our position is so clear - the offload mode is truly on now.

We obviously made the decision to go with Kovie come hell or high water when we gave him this contract. For better or for worse, and I fear it's worse, we're going to have to make sacrifices to make this work.

From nhl.com:

"Kovalchuk will earn $6 million each of the next two seasons, $11.5 million for the following five seasons, $10.5 million in the 2017-18 season, $8.5 million for the 2018-19 season, $6.5 million in 2019-20, $3.5 million in 2020-21, $750,000 the following season, and $550,000 for the final five years of the unprecedented deal."

Discuss...