STH BBQ & Fan Fest

GoArmySports

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went last year, but can't this year. Too close to my son's birth.

It was fun and my wife and i enjoyed it. This is a nice little event to attend as a STH or if you are given the tickets by a STH to attend. IMO, it isn't worth going on eBay and spending $ to go because you won't get to every player/coach on the team and there's a no autograph policy if you're into that.

My suggestion is if you want to get to Brodeur, Kovalchuk or Parise, go early, be ready and just target them because if you wait on them while your off meeting other players, you won't like the endless lines (although it WILL require patience to wait for any of them).

Went last year, but can't this year. Too close to my son's birth.

It was fun and my wife and i enjoyed it. This is a nice little event to attend as a STH or if you are given the tickets by a STH to attend. IMO, it isn't worth going on eBay and spending $ to go because you won't get to every player/coach on the team and there's a no autograph policy if you're into that.

My suggestion is if you want to get to Brodeur, Kovalchuk or Parise, go early, be ready and just target them because if you wait on them while your off meeting other players, you won't like the endless lines (although it WILL require patience to wait for any of them).

if theres a no autograph policy then how are people gonna get them?

The confusion might be, why are people lining up for the players if they don't get autographs? It's a picture event, so you can stand with the player and get your picture taken.

I didn't go last year so I'm looking forward to going this year. Hows the food? Is it inside or outside? And do you have to bring your own camera for a pic or do they just snap a pic for you?

I didn't go last year so I'm looking forward to going this year. Hows the food? Is it inside or outside? And do you have to bring your own camera for a pic or do they just snap a pic for you?

Food was arena food, so I really enjoyed it.. Burgers, chicken sandwiches, fried, soda, and other things to eat plus cookies for dessert.. You have to bring your own camera

this no autograph policy dampers the scar for not being a sth and not being able to attend. Not sure why they don't allow autos unless there's a concern over time.

Mike

No Scott Stevens helps me some.

I chalking his not being formally involved in the team in any way his way of avoiding all these events. Last anyone wrote about him was July... 13th or around there.

Was he an actual assistant under Lemaire? Then I'd chalk it up to solidarity (on paper).

Edited by Pepperkorn

You think Kovalchuk will be there?

Yes, without a doubt JVB will want him mingling with fans not only to showcase him being a Devil but to do a little PR for the people who are hating Kovy over this summer's situation

Edited by Colin226

this no autograph policy dampers the scar for not being a sth and not being able to attend. Not sure why they don't allow autos unless there's a concern over time.

Mike

STH's have another event where they can get autographs, so i'm not sure why people would be upset unless the attitude of self entitlement among this team's STH's is getting worse then usual. This is what it is, a meet and greet.

I liked it last year with the no autograph policy. No one shoving items in players faces to sign, no kids waving markers and pens around like wands hitting peoples jerseys and clothes. You could talk to the players face to face without them looking down to sign something every second. It was indoors, so the players walked around the concourse and you just "found" them to socialize lol.

If you're not paying for these tickets to go from eBay or such, enjoy it. Take some pics, chow down and support the players.

STH's have another event where they can get autographs, so i'm not sure why people would be upset unless the attitude of self entitlement among this team's STH's is getting worse then usual. This is what it is, a meet and greet.

I liked it last year with the no autograph policy. No one shoving items in players faces to sign, no kids waving markers and pens around like wands hitting peoples jerseys and clothes. You could talk to the players face to face without them looking down to sign something every second. It was indoors, so the players walked around the concourse and you just "found" them to socialize lol.

If you're not paying for these tickets to go from eBay or such, enjoy it. Take some pics, chow down and support the players.

What event is held where STH get auto's? I never went to something like that last season nor did I receive an invite

I do prefer the no auto policy on this, makes it feel like a big STH family BBQ and the players are part of the family because they get to mingle and not just look down the whole time signing things

Edited by Colin226

What event is held where STH get auto's? I never went to something like that last season nor did I receive an invite

I do prefer the no auto policy on this, makes it feel like a big STH family BBQ and the players are part of the family because they get to mingle and not just look down the whole time signing things

I remember them having something last year but I was never contacted in fact I think most people weren't contacted.

Meet and Greet is cool - I'd rather a photo of me planting a wet one on Scott Stevens cheek than his signature.

LOTS of people don't even care about the players -- they just show up to get crap signed they can sell on ebay. SOME people even lurk around the building trying to steal equipment stuff to sell I hear - and get all self-righteous if a guard calls them out on it.

This way fans aren't there to make a profit - just make memories :wub::evil:

Meet and Greet is cool - I'd rather a photo of me planting a wet one on Scott Stevens cheek than his signature.

LOTS of people don't even care about the players -- they just show up to get crap signed they can sell on ebay. SOME people even lurk around the building trying to steal equipment stuff to sell I hear - and get all self-righteous if a guard calls them out on it.

This way fans aren't there to make a profit - just make memories :wub::evil:

I disagree that "LOTS of people don't even care about the players" would be at a STH event. They cared enough to buy tickets to 41 regular season home games (plus the preseason and playoffs), so it means something. Where did you hear about people "lurking" around and trying to steal equipment to sell? Sounds pretty far fetched...