Devils Isles Game thread 10/28

Pepperkorn

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now... I wouldn't call it "violence."

I don't enjoy violence. Fights sort of upset me even.

I personally just like to see bodies go gracefully yet unexpectedly flying through the air. Hip checks RULE! Stevens hits are nice - they're gorgeous - I enjoy the whole wind knocked out of you aspect :evil: but I confess the heads smashing on the ice sort of worry me :saddevil:

But anyhow -- definitely a great part of the game. As is fancy foot work and dazzling stick handling. BUT THE MOST ENTRANCING PART OF THE GAME, hands down - is everything all coming together. When everything flows as smooth as...well, ice. GOD I LOVE THAT! I just love it when it's all neat and tidy and everything makes sense everything's operating at maximum efficiency! just wow... hmmmm, passionate efficiency - YUMMMMMMMMMM!

EDIT: TYPOS! :rant: Grrrrrrrrrr!

PK, if it is possible to love hockey at a new level, you have just done it :P

Which was actually Bettman's argument when trying to convince our politicians to subsidize the NHL teams. The Canadian goverment WANTS, and actively WORKS FOR, a Canadian dollar to be around 70% of the American dollar, because it helps our businesses. Bettman was saying that if the government aides in keeping the dollar around the 70 cent mark, shouldn't it help out businesses that are hurt by the policy? The government agreed and were going to give $20M/year to the Canadian teams, but the public here balked saying "We would rather our kids have math text books than give Alfredson more cash."

Don, if that is actually the case, then Canadian fans can't complain about the big bad Americans stealing their teams. Because they have set their priorities, and I'm not going to quibble with them. But if your government is artificially suppressing the currency and this is what results, then your people have either got to choose to do something about it or not. But you can't damn well blame US!!!!

Sue: I most certainly not blaming the American public in general. However, I will blame the New York Rangers, Colorado Avalanche and Detroit Red Wings. One of many, many reasons I like the Devils is because of Mr. Lamarillo not being part of the free-agent spending sprees.

A country as hockey-crazy as Canada *should* be able to afford to ice decent hockey teams even with that exchange rate. However, with salaries where they are they only way to ice a good team is the way the Senators have - finish last 8 years or so in a row.

Come to think of it, that's also how Colorado got their team.