Since the lines are being juggled

NewarkDevil5

Kovalchuk-Elias-Zubrus

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Zharkov-Arnott-Clarkson

Sestito-Pelley-Mair

Send down Josefson to let him develop, call up Zharkov who is a point a game and a +2 so far in the AHL.

To me this is the most even the lines can be, with a playmaking center for Kovie, ZZ pops can be put out against the other teams top line and a strong third line that can bang up the opposition and hopefully score some goals all while being defensively responsible. Also that 4th line has been working well so far. As far as Rolston goes.... I don't know trade him for a 5th round pick for all I care, anything to get rid of his salary.

When healthy:

Volchenkov-Tallinder

Salvador-Greene

White-Taormina/Corrente.

The D is good IMO because it gives us a nice shutdown unit with Volcehnkov/Tallinder, Salvador and Greene have proved last season that they are a nice match up and the third D pairing is what it is.

Parise Zajac Langie

Kovie Arnott Elias

Pelly Josefeson Zubi

Mair Sesitio Clarkson

Greene Corrente (Salvador)

Taormina White

OMG Tallinder (A-Train)

I would definitely like to see Elias-Arnott-Kovy

Amen to that idea...

It is only a matter of time when Johnny Mac realizes the best way to utilize all three lines to its fullest is to have Kovy on a line with Zubrus and Josefeson.

Kovy gets to play and skate around other teams weaker lines, while taking the pressure off our own 3rd defensive pairings as far as getting the puck out of the zone. This also will take the pressure off the top two lines as Kovy will run amok scoring.

THis is ideal, as there would be no way other teams can defend against us.

It is only a matter of time when Johnny Mac realizes the best way to utilize all three lines to its fullest is to have Kovy on a line with Zubrus and Josefeson.

Kovy gets to play and skate around other teams weaker lines, while taking the pressure off our own 3rd defensive pairings as far as getting the puck out of the zone. This also will take the pressure off the top two lines as Kovy will run amok scoring.

THis is ideal, as there would be no way other teams can defend against us.

You bring up a good point, having Kovy with players like Elias, Parise or Zajac limit Kovalchuk's time with the puck on stick which ultimately makes him less effective, not to say he's a puck hog which he kind of is but it's just his style of play to have the puck as much as possible.

What would you do with the other lines?

Edited by Devs4LIFE

Not for nothing, but at the very least on the defensive side of things it appears the Johnny Mac is listening to me. Tom Gulitti mentioned in his blog today that he's splitting Greene and Tallinder up and putting Magnan-Grenier with Greene and Corrente with Tallinder. That leaves Taormina to go with White which rounds out the pairings I proposed. Next, lets see how my forward lines do. Seems like Manta already agrees with me.

I hear all this Parise should be captain and Langs is a terrible captain, but Parise hasn't been scoring either. How do all these people know that Parise would be such a great captain?? I'm not dogging Parise or anything, and I think he could handle it, but everyone saying Parise should be captain once Langs leaves, hasn't really given any reason WHY Parise would make such a great captain. You can't really know that Parise is good in the locker room...All we know for sure is that he would be a great lead-by-example captain, because of his work ethic.

I think they should give Parise the Captancy. Langs has not been leader and does not speak up. All I see is crying from him. Langs looks mad a lot too, but it never translates into scoring or super hard checks. I am not even sure what his role is anymore? What is the worst that happens if we give the Captain to Parise? He sucks worse than he does now? Doubtful. Just as long as we don't copy Vancouver and give it to our goalie and he starts to suck.

You bring up a good point, having Kovy with players like Elias, Parise or Zajac limit Kovalchuk's time with the puck on stick which ultimately makes him less effective, not to say he's a puck hog which he kind of is but it's just his style of play to have the puck as much as possible.

What would you do with the other lines?

EXACTLY.

Clearly ZZPops everyone comes back to life. These guys just have chemistry and compliment each other especiallly in the clutch.

Elias-Arnott-Clarkson

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Tedenby-Josefson-Kovalchuk

Langenbrunner-Arnott-Clarkson

Rolston-Mair-Whomever

Greene-Volchenkov

Elias-Salvador

White-Tallinder-Taormina

That's right, I just put Elias on defense. He ain't doing much on offense so why the hell not. This lineup assumes healthy lineups and no salary cap considerations.