This Team Sucks!

trailblazer

Worst case scenario:

We come last or bottom 3 in the league, and get a high draft pick (possibly #1?). That = insurance in case Parise bolts after next season. A season might be lost but the future gets a tiny bit brighter.

No, the worst case scenario is that Lou trades a few young guys and our 1st round pick for a quick fix like Kaberle and we still miss the playoffs.

No, worst case scenario: I fail my Special Education Content exam and have to take it over again. The Devils missing the playoffs isn't really crucial to my overall life.

Win!

Can a mod change the name of this thread to "This Thread Sucks!"?

Oh, and good luck on your exam!

More on the garbage that is Taormina:

"It's really disappointing," Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur said. "When you look at the number (of injuries), it's mind-boggling a little bit. Especially on the back, on our blue-line, some of our young guys are getting dominated a lot in the zone. When you don't score goals, everything is magnified."

"We were controlling the game, fumbled the puck behind our net and it's in our net -- here we go again," Brodeur said. "When you don't score the first goal it's hard when your confidence is low, the way our offence is now."

Brodeur said he tried to play the puck to Taormina, but the move "backfired" as the young defenceman tried "stop on a dime" after confronting Malhotra.