Devils at Flyers... Part Duex

Devildude

Well, I came to two conclusions watching this game:

1.After the 2nd, I remarked to a co-worker that the Devils would shutout the Flyers.

2.Almost no team can handle the Devils. It just seems they have a leg up on almost everyone. In discussing the potential matchups already next Spring with a diehard Devs fan, we agreed that Toronto is the only team that has a shot to beat them in the East. Out west, the only team I'd give a shot is Vancouver.

I have already resolved myself to the fact that the season should be stopped. Just give the Devils their Cup already and give Brodeur another Vezina. I don't think anyone else is winning it.

And when you think about it, does anyone see the Leafs or Canucks winning it all? When the chips are down, I can't see any Pat Burns team losing. Especially the Devils.

One other thought: Jeff Hackett is the reincarnation of Ron Hextall. MaddDog, that new nickname, "Hackstall" fits like a charm :rofl: .

Edited by Derek21

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already resolved myself to the fact that the season should be stopped. Just give the Devils their Cup already and give Brodeur another Vezina. I don't think anyone else is winning it.

We have a LONG way to go before all this. First of all, NJ went seven games to win the Cup last year...to get there again is alot of hockey in two years. Hopefully we can stay healthy. On this point, hopefully we get some of our regulars some rest in the second half so they have some legs for the playoffs.

Martin Brodeur...how many shut out does he have now??? He is amazing!! Is he gunning for 50 wins this year??

GO DEVILS!!!

Martin Brodeur...how many shut out does he have now??? He is amazing!! Is he gunning for 50 wins this year??

Year to date: GP 27 W 16 L 5 T 6 SHO 7 GAA 1.52 SAVE % .933

On Pace: GP 79 W 47 L 15 T 18 SHO 20 GAA 1.52 SAVE % .933

One big thing: Marty has 7 shutouts. 2nd place has 4.

One big thing: Marty has 7 shutouts.  2nd place has 4.

There were a lot of shutouts early. It sort of died down. 2 guys were tied with Marty when he had 3 shutouts, right? That was a couple of weeks ago now, wasn't it?

Edit: Damn, when did I become a Senior Devil? I always miss these things. 500 posts, right? That was a long time ago.

Edited by David Puddy

One big thing: Marty has 7 shutouts. 2nd place has 4.

Shut outs alone don't give a goalie a Vezina though. Marty's led in them before and walked away second to Hasek for the award if I remember right.

As long as Marty stays healthy, he's got a really great chance of being awarded his second. Would even be better if it came with a Conn Smythe this year too. ;)

Thanks for the updates, guys. I missed the game last night. But I must know my team. I figured that after the open 3-3 tie on Fri. that they would clamp down Saturday. I think if they would've won on Fri, Burnsie would've let them have a little more fun on Sat.

To the Flyers & their minions:

You got 72 shots on goal over the 2 games. On Saturday, you still got 32 shots on goal. The Devs had 5 regulars out of the line-up. This had nothing to do with boring hockey, or the trap.

Repeat after me:

We can't beat Marty, and our goalie is a sieve.

We can't beat Marty, and our goalie is a sieve.

Thank you, and have a safe Holiday Season.

:evil:

I can't help it, I'm so sick of Roenick & Co. whining their way through the season. What do they want, NJ to roll over & die for them????

Edited by SueNJ97

We have a LONG way to go before all this. First of all, NJ went seven games to win the Cup last year...to get there again is alot of hockey in two years. Hopefully we can stay healthy. On this point, hopefully we get some of our regulars some rest in the second half so they have some legs for the playoffs.

GO DEVILS!!!

Talking about health, though - look at the teams this year who have lost the most man games to injury - Detroit, Los Angeles, Toronto, Colorado - and *important* players, too - and they're all among the tops in the league. If you've got the depth, you can get through it. The Devils have been pretty lucky with injuries until now. But we know they can play through it, too.