Miracle

oofrostonoo

I can't go tonight. argh theres so many things going on tonight and I can't do any of them cause I have to cheer for our stupid basketball team... I might fake being sick though. :D But I plan on going to see the movie this weekend... I hope anyway...

I think our basketball season is nearly over. I'm not sure, I don't really cheer for any of our school sports. We're pitiful at football so I rule that out for Friday's

I think our basketball season is nearly over. I'm not sure, I don't really cheer for any of our school sports. We're pitiful at football so I rule that out for Friday's

yah next week is our teams last week then its playoffs so who knows how long this thing will drag out lol. Our guys team has been really good this year. We have this one guy thats a junior that i know whos already been excepted to texas tech and its 6'8" and is really fun to watch. So thats the only thing that excites me for the games but since its a girls game it will be long with foul after foul...

oh but football here is everything and i don't even like football lol. Oh and I found out today theres a movie being made abotu the book "friday Night Lights" that should be really good!

I'm worried it's going to be another Seabiscuit (which I thought was cheesy and over-sentimental), but I just found a review that calmed my fears a bit:

It requires the re- creation of a world and a mind-set, and "Miracle'' accomplishes both brilliantly.

It accomplishes these things, in fact, with more historical accuracy and considerably more narrative finesse than "Seabiscuit,'' while not in any way stinting on the excitement and detail that an audience expects from a great sports movie.

This is obviously History.

Miracle is the greatest hockey movie EVER. To me, it's better than Slapshot. And I love Slapshot

Gotta agree. For me this is now the greatest Hockey movie made. It is not at all "Disneyized". And it is also not a "USA Rah-Rah" movie. It is just a movie that accurately recreates that series, and the game we all love. Go see it. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

Chris

Just came back from seeing it.

Quick review:

All in all, exactly what I expected. I always liked Kurt Russell and he really caried the movie on his shoulders. Great acting and can really convince you he's Herbie from his plaid pants to his body language. The team actors were solid, occasionally lapsing a bit but pretty convincing. Yea, there was tons and tons of "Rah-Rah USA USA!" but that was expected. All in all, an enjoyable movie.

There were lots of younger folks there in the theater and they cheered after every goal. It made it seem like a real hockey game was going on. It was great ambience. Made it seem like watching an abridged real game!

Just got back and the film exceded my expectations. Great acting, suspense building, and camerawork. The pulled off the PG rating amazingly....cant believe it wasnt as cheesy or corny and predictable as i thought. Very good. Definatlly advise everyone to see it.

I am a film major and am pretty picky about my movies....other great film out there right now is Big Fish....see that.

Miracle gets a 7.5 out of 10.

Good tribute to Brooks at the end.

They had Fetisov back on defense as number 2 and Lakovik got some good screen time.

Edited by oofrostonoo

As I've said numerous times since last friday, I challenge anyone to say it's not fantastic.

The Mighty Ducks movies were obviously Disney.

This is obviously History.

Miracle is the greatest hockey movie EVER. To me, it's better than Slapshot. And I love Slapshot.

Well you have been challenged. Miracle was okay..fine good but nothing special for me. I never get exciting for sports movies since only so many are good but I really thought Miracle would be great but I was let down. I thought it left out a lot of things and just wasn't put together in the best way. What really let me down was the final game against Russia. The way they showed it. I really thought they would have made it much better. It just felt odd.

Thinks I liked. Kurt Russel did a great job as Herb.

The Russian coach was hilarious.

I liked how they showed how he made the team work so hard in practice and after the tie against Norway.

When I saw a certain scene coming up I am like this has the potential to be put together but I was disppointed when it came. A great story that could have been shown better.

I really thought the last line at the end when talking about Brooks and how the movie was dedicated to him was amazing. I'll let you guys read the quote for yourself when you see it but it was a great quote.

Edited by devilsrule33

I'm going to see the movie tomorrow. I found an interesting note in a review that Sports Illustrated rated the "Miracle on Ice" the greatest sports event of the 20th century. Interesting since Americans don't embrace hockey. Yet it was a hockey team, and a single hockey game, that united a weary and disillusioned America. Not a football game, not a baseball game, not a basketball game. A hockey game. I suppose this is because hockey is embraced by more of the world than the other three sports. But America can be very insular in that respect, they don't care about the "world's sports" and that is why soccer is still not popular.

I can only hope this movie helps people take notice of the greatest of this sport and its athletes.