Hasek Out For The Season

JesterDevil

Hasek out for the season

Canadian Press

2/10/2004

According to numerous reports out of Detroit, netminder Dominik Hasek is out for the remainder of the season due to a recurring groin injury.

Hasek, who came out of retirement this season, has been bother by the injury since early December and was 8-3-2 in the 12 games he played.

More details to follow.

Somehow I get the feeling CuJo's play and Hasek's lack of may have MAJORLY factored into this ANYWAY... CuJo gets his redemption.. and Hasek gets his money and everyone

not named Legace walks away happy !

If the Devs can't win it I now almost HAVE to root for Cujo to win it, which I NEVER would have done before. But now, if it's not NJ, I'd like to see him win one. But then I can't decide whether I would want him to be a completely gracious winner or I want him to flip Hasek off.

:noclue::blink:

:evil:

Thanks, damn i couldn't remember it for the life of me.

I only wish I could've posted an audio link to the sound.

PS: Not so much for Hasek, but for the Red Wings GM.

I wish we could dig up those old threads from those who said that it would be completely ironic if Hasek came back & then got injured.

Although most of those posts assumed Cujo would be in another uniform.

So, DET is covered - but time will tell if it's Cujo's turn.

He certainly has enough motivation to win -- or maybe to lose (he he)

Edited by BlueSkirt

I hope Cujo throws away the playoffs. That's a HGE F You to Holland!

This season could be the last chance the Wings have this good of a shot to win the Cup...

I love all these comments about Cujo...acting as if he is poor Cujo and he got screwed...boo hoo Cujo....werent you the one who bolted Edmonton Cujo? Didnt you turn your back on Toronto as well CuBlow? Cmon already with this....Im not saying what Hasek did was right...and hasek is a weird character what can you do...but what come around goes around Cujo...I never had any sympathy for him

Cujo wanted the Stanley Cup to collect before he retires and decided to pick what he felt was the team with best chance. I don't think that is totally wrong if someone has to depart ways with a team that doesn't give them confidence in being able to accomplish his final goal (Leafs). What's also ironic is last year's playoff run where he sure didn't look like he really wanted the cup and played less then spectacular, being way outplayed by Giggy Cream Puff.

Although I don't wish injury to anyone, I actually hope Cujo takes this oppurtunity to prove himself and run with it. However, Cujo has a nack for failing at oppurtunities like losing his job to Brodeur at the Olympics when it should have been his from the start. I wouldn't be surprised to see Legace the starting goaltender in net for the Wings when the playoffs start.

Edited by E-Devil

Why can't we chuckle a little, it's a groin problem not a neck injury or a concussion or anything like that. I'm not laughing per se BUT Hasek got basically what he deserved, after using this comeback to seek asylum in the USA after that roller hockey incident and then freezing out CuJo like a jerk after deposing him. The Wings kind of got what they deserved too in a way, now they have to spend the whole $15 million dollars on goalies for the season.

Why couldn't anyone picked up CuJo so the Wings would be with Manny, I'm not a big fan of Hasek, or anyone who leave one team to go get a cup, becasue it make them a "better" player, like a number 77, who once had a BIG "b" on his jersey.

If you played in the NHL Death Valley called Buffalo all these years, Im sure you would change your tune

Why the hell did Hasek ever come back?

Hasek and Mario should just retire. !!!

Notion seconded... take igor too