DEVS vs RANGERS

poohbear

Igor is old. We knew that coming in. We didn'tt expect him to play this poorly but we definetly didn't excpect him tp do what Nieuwy did.

Of course not, but that doesn't mean Nieuwy "brought nothing", as you said. He brought a lot, and the Devils are missing him badly this year. Don't you think Langs & Friesen would like a centerman like Joe this year???

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Stevens, Dan-O, and Nieuwendyk.

Without at least one of them, success will not occur.

I was at the game last night, and we outshot them, like 28 to 16 or something like that, they had one shot in the 3rd period.

We should have won that game.

After they dissallowed our first goal we lost that game, and that "goal" by mironov and jagr, was not right, in that the light was green and it came after the period was over....

I was at the game last night, and we outshot them, like 28 to 16 or something like that, they had one shot in the 3rd period.

After they dissallowed our first goal we lost that game, and that "goal" by mironov and jagr, was not right, in that the light was green and it came after the period was over....

Of course they only got one shot, they were protecting a two goal lead by staying back.

As for Mironov's goal the review showed there was .3 secs on the clock. A legal goal. If anything blame the goal judge and the timekeeper for slow reaction time to give the fans hope it was no goal. :rolleyes:

As for should have won the game, wins and losses are not measured in should ofs and could ofs, it is measured in deeds. By deeds, I mean putting the puck in the other team's net and keeping it out of your own.

By deeds, I mean putting the puck in the other team's net and keeping it out of your own.

Not according to the NHL. They want the puck in everyone's net, all the time. They want to make it as difficult as possible to keep it out. :P Devils surrendering 11 goals in 3 games, did it make for good hockey? Not in my book. I've said it before, fans only want the puck in the opponent's net. All the rule changes and goalie dismembering isn't going to change that. :argh:

Of course they only got one shot, they were protecting a two goal lead by staying back.

As for Mironov's goal the review showed there was .3 secs on the clock. A legal goal. If anything blame the goal judge and the timekeeper for slow reaction time to give the fans hope it was no goal. :rolleyes:

As for should have won the game, wins and losses are not measured in should ofs and could ofs, it is measured in deeds. By deeds, I mean putting the puck in the other team's net and keeping it out of your own.

We haven't been able to do that for 180 minutes...

Last nights loss was unfortunate, more than the others because we lost to a generally horrible team...

Its not like losing to the leaders of each conference...

After they disallowed our goal the game was over.

And again guess who was on the ice.

THE BAD REF!!! Anytime the ref that doesn't wear a helmet is on the ice we lose the game, guess who was on the ice at the Vancouver game...

Guess who wasn't there for the OTT game...

Lou needs to screen both the Refs and Ushers better, but thats a whole other story.

Well, even when I want my team to lose, they can't do that right. Bastards!

It's bad enough they're not making the playoffs. So why did they have to win tonight and make it worse? I'd rather just finish 25 pts out instead of being teased. Knowing them, they'll get destroyed tomorrow vs the Flyers. They can't deal with their size and forecheck anyway.

Dunham looked like '97 Richter in this game. Too bad it won't last.

To be honest, the Rangers didn't even play that well. The Devils could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals in the first. Even when we beat you, we still have to hang on to do it.

Embarrassing.

Derek, you have serious issues Im afraid to say....see me as a Sabres fan, I have set my goals realistically going forward, just making the playoffs is the Holy Grail, so Im at ease....I dont expect things like the Stanley Cup, thats for others to enjoy...

Now the Rangers havent made the playoffs for 6 years I know, but you know darn well sooner or later with a decent GM and coach, theyll be Cup contenders again....and you should expect that...and you still do with this team for whatever reason...They have flaws right now, should they make the playoffs? Perhaps based on names and talent yes, but there are holes...

Just enjoy the games, it seems to me your pleasue with the Rangers is to take displeasure with them, just my 2 cents

Sorry stubbs, but Lou has no control of "screening" refs.

Heh, and what's your gripe with ushers?

I don't have a gripe with all ushers, just the ones who don't let me downstairs to talk to my friends...

I in fact like a few of the ushers...

Heres the story:

We were at a Devils game a few weeks ago, and our friends were downstairs as usual. So we went downstairs to section 122, from 229, and then we got to the entrance and were not permitted to go down, (we go down every game during the intermission, and if there are open seats near our friends we sit down, it is rare someone won't let us down there though, but when they don't....)

So we went to another entrance to the section and the guy let us down without question, so we went down, and there were no open seats, so 2 of a few of our friends had left, so we sat in their seats...

So then we went back up to get concessions, and when we came back there were new ushers... One was this gray haired 60 year old that after a long talk, and holding our tickets, let us down... So we went down, (mind you this is all during an intermission), then we went down and sat in the open seats, and were fine.

A few minutes later, the usher left his post, and came down, then he started accusing my mom of lieing to him, claiming that she said she was coming back up, and he came down saying stuff like, 'these people are from the upper level, not supposed to be here', so I said, 'its not the titanic!!!', so the usher told my mom to leave the section, so she went up to the entrance, and then eventually got back down, and retold this story...

This is why I dislike some ushers... The next game I found out what that man did was not supposed to be done, and HE could be fired for coming out of his post like he did, and such from another usher... After he told us that he could be fired for letting us down to sit with our friends in open seats during the 3rd period...

Wow, that was a lot, but man. :puke: on the usher that did that, and the others who don't let us down...

Stubbs, you can't blame that ref for the game. They made the wrong call but the correct one in wiping out the Rafalski goal. Sometimes, they make mistakes. But it looked like they were calling the interference not for wiping out Dunham but for wiping out Mironov, who then went right into Dunham giving him no chance to stop the shot. Maybe that's why Langenbrunner was in the box.

And the second goal at first seemed like it didn't count on live TV. But the FSNY crew did a great job with the replay. It clearly showed the puck cross the line with 0.4 left. So, they got the call right there. Besides, it's not their fault the Devils couldn't check Jagr with less than 5 ticks left in a period and ran around in their end like chickens without heads. Something I'm very familiar with.

Hasan, when the game ended, I was just a tad happy. But what's the point of getting excited? It was nice to see them beat the Devils because it never happens. But considering how far out they are, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I still don't know how they won. I was expecting them to blow it.

Hey b.g. Look what happened when Lundmark's line got actual ice-time. They shutdown the Gomez line. And Jamie played well! It was nice to see them reward him.

Yes I can blame the ref for the game, because we lost the game after they dissallowed the first goal. It demoralized us into the locker room, and the Bad Cop didn't pump 'em up.

Well, you can BLAME the ref. It doesn't mean you're right. The thing is, he was right to wave off the goal. I don't think he was right to call the penalty. But the Devs took the rest of the stupid penalties pretty much all on their own. And I think those penalties completely took them out of their game and more likely led to the defeat than the first goal. Plus the scoring of the second goal with 0.4 of a second left in the period.

I think Burns has been trying not to rip the team but it looks like it may be time for a barn-burner of a tantrum from him. Or from Lou. Or from NIEDS????? Is he capable of it???