Devils vs Rangers on Saturday

Jerzey

the 'canes are a giant bunch of floppers who deserve little respect. once again this is an expression of the notion that people who came to the team from far away too often don't get the rivalries.

I get that completely, and I don't hate the Rangers 1/10th of the amount that most people here do, but I don't think the Devils and Canes have a real rivalry. People are always going to hate a team when they have beaten your team 3 times in a row in the playoffs though.

The Canes draw a ton of penalties every year, and however they do it, I'm not going to judge. They clearly are getting away with anything they are doing and being rewarded for it. Refs haven't picked up on it for how many years now?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think you hate... The closest team to you... (other then ur fav team obviously) Cause youre dealing with their fans a lot and thats where it all starts... You trash talk them and all you make bets and you just want to make fun of them when your team is winning theres...i dont live near newark so i know the big rivalry is the rangers... I still dont like them "just because". i know ONE rangers fan, and i see him once every 3 years, so yeah, thats it... but i really really really reaaaallllyyyy hate the Habs... Since im surrounded by stupid habs fans and it's the closest team from my place so... anytime they score or lose or wtv my facebook wall is literally taken over with Habs stuff

But at least with brodeur there's that link with montreal that i can also grab on its not totally random

Edited by SterioDesign

I just think you hate... The closest team to you... (other then ur fav team obviously) Cause youre dealing with their fans a lot and thats where it all starts... You trash talk them and all you make bets and you just want to make fun of them when your team is winning theres...i dont live near newark so i know the big rivalry is the rangers... I still dont like them "just because". i know ONE rangers fan, and i see him once every 3 years, so yeah, thats it... but i really really really reaaaallllyyyy hate the Habs... Since im surrounded by stupid habs fans and it's the closest team from my place so... anytime they score or lose or wtv my facebook wall is literally taken over with Habs stuff

But at least with brodeur there's that link with montreal that i can also grab on its not totally random

Every Rags fan seems to think we have this obsession with them just because we hate them so much. I always found that ironic since they're just as every bit obsessed with us as we are with them.

It didn't take me long to start hating the Rangers - I started following the NHL and the Devils in 2004, and then right after the lockout we already met them in the playoffs... I've never even been to Newark or New York, but I already can't imagine how there can be a Devils fan not hating the Rags. :lol:

And the Hurricanes? Come on, they're the luckiest and the most fvcking irritating team EVER! Those playoff losses in 2006 and 2009 got me absolutely mad (2009 was trauma, especially). I HATE rooting for them this year, but then again - better them than the Rangers...

As soon as the playoffs start I want the Caps to beat their asses. :evil:

Every Rags fan seems to think we have this obsession with them just because we hate them so much. I always found that ironic since they're just as every bit obsessed with us as we are with them.

My brother and all of his Ranger fan friends always accuse Devil fans of being jealous. I always respond by asking them why we would be jealous when we've won 3 cups since they last won and they've only won 4 times in history, plus we have one of the best arenas in the league. I mean hell by the time I was a freshman in high school I had already seen the Devils win 3 times...there are Ranger fans that are grandparents that have only seen there team win once.

I hate the Rangers more than other teams because I live in NYC and constantly have to deal with their fans. The rivalry is great.

I live on Long Island and am surrounded by Ranger and Islander fans. The Ranger fans (especially my sons friends) are the most obnoxious people ever. I want them gone.