Ahonen to Rangers?

smelly

Would you be willing to trade Ari to NYR, and risk his becoming the cornerstone of a refurbished Rangers, if it enabled Lou to get Leetch?

I agree that any trade with NY is unlikely, but, with Sather's having traded Markkanen today, and with Dunham's crap play and Blackburn's uncertain health, I've got to believe that Sather will be making a move for a G before Tues., and that he will want someone young he can build around. (I know that Hartford's goalie has something like 11 SO's this season, but from everything I hear, he is not projected to be anything special at the NHL level).

Edited by smelly

Blackburn is well on the way to recovery, and in all reality hes as good of a goalie as Ari. Also despite all the pipe dreams that fans may have of getting a player off the rags, it just wont happen. Lou almost never trades with in the confrence, let alone division.

Blackburn has a nasty nerve injury. He is not even slated to begin exercising until June at the earliest. I would say his ability to come back strong from an injury like that is poor. The Rangers are pinning their goalie hopes on that kid Lunquivst from Frolunda in Sweden. He is supposed to be the man. I cannot see them dealing Leetch for Ahonen unless a) they think the Swede is still a few years away or B ) they were going to move him soon.

I think the Rangers plan is clear and good. They are going to tank to get a good pick. The problem is that Washington already had that idea and once they move Kolzig they will have done a better job of it (their head start in losing helps too)

Edited by PeteyNice

No, and why is this in Hell.

Because it is neither a rumor, nor a proposal-- it is only a question. So, technically, Hell is where it belongs.

I think our moderators need to read a little more carefully, or be a little more precise in naming and/or describing sub-fora, before they hapahazardly go about moving threads across fora.

Would you be willing to trade Ari to NYR, and risk his becoming the cornerstone of a refurbished Rangers, if it enabled Lou to get Leetch?

I agree that any trade with NY is unlikely, but, with Sather's having traded Markkanen today, and with Dunham's crap play and Blackburn's uncertain health, I've got to believe that Sather will be making a move for a G before Tues., and that he will want someone young he can build around. (I know that Hartford's goalie has something like 11 SO's this season, but from everything I hear, he is not projected to be anything special at the NHL level).

Hell fvckING no. Simple as that.

Why give the Rags the top AHL goalie prospect? You insane?!

Because it is neither a rumor, nor a proposal-- it is only a question. So, technically, Hell is where it belongs.

I think our moderators need to read a little more carefully, or be a little more precise in naming and/or describing sub-fora, before they hapahazardly go about moving threads across fora.

If it walks like a proposal, talks like a proposal, it's a proposal.

Proposing a potential trade sounds like a proposal to me Smelly.

Proposing a potential trade sounds like a proposal to me Smelly.

Whatever. I just suggest that everyone look the term "proposal" up in the dictionary . . . and I'll leave it at that. :huh:

From dictionary.com:

"That which is proposed, or propounded for consideration or acceptance; a scheme or design; terms or conditions proposed; offer; as, to make proposals for a treaty of peace; to offer proposals for erecting a building; to make proposals of marriage"

From dictionary.com:

"That which is proposed, or propounded for consideration or acceptance; a scheme or design; terms or conditions proposed; offer; as, to make proposals for a treaty of peace; to offer proposals for erecting a building; to make proposals of marriage"

Thank you; that proves my point EXACTLY.

Why would the Rangers have wanted him? His stock is stagnant and he has nowhere to go. The Rangers have the AHL shutout record holder in LaBarbera, who btw should see some starts now. And they have Blackburn rehabbing as Sarge mentioned plus top Euro-goalie prospect Henrik Lundqvist.

Why would the Rangers have wanted him? His stock is stagnant and he has nowhere to go. The Rangers have the AHL shutout record holder in LaBarbera, who btw should see some starts now. And they have Blackburn rehabbing as Sarge mentioned plus top Euro-goalie prospect Henrik Lundqvist.

Even RG and others on the inside of the NYR organization acknowledge that LaBarbera is a career backup if he makes it to the league at all.

And, as I pointed out to Sarge above, I have it on good authority that the Rangers fear greatly that Blackburn's potential, and possibly even his career, have been cut short by his nerve injury. He is a LONG way away from MSG, I guarantee that much . . .

Edited by smelly