Devils in Montreal in 2010

95Crash

So many of you guys have recommended going to see a Canadiens home game at least once in your lifetime. Well, I am finally going to see the Devils play the Canadiens in Montreal next year.

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions?

95Crash, last winter I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Rue Sherbrooke. It was a clean, comfortable room, and the hotel is a short metro ride from the arena (two or three stops?). Last February it was about $90 per night on the weekend. Right in the immediate area are a Holiday Inn and a Four Points by Sheraton, which are similar in quality and price to Hilton Garden Inn. I like the midscale brands that are popular with business travelers because you can usually count on decent bedding, cleanliness, free WiFi and overall value. The hotels in the city charge for parking, but I don't remember the price.

Edited by Jerrydevil

I usually stay here. http://www.nouveau-forum.com/ IT is right across the street from the Bell Centre. I am not going to say it is the nicest hotel but it is cheap and clean and near the arena and bars I like to go to. Unfortunately I can't afford to go to the game in Jan but I will be going to the one in March.

Edited by bostondevil11

We stayed at the Days Hotel & Conference Center last year and we were very happy with it. Rates were cheap and it's a 2 block walk from both St Catherines St and the Arena. The only shady thing about the hotel was the underground parking garage that was held up by a scaffold.

If Montreal Junior is playing while you're there, I would highly recommend going to a game.

We stayed at the Days Hotel & Conference Center last year and we were very happy with it. Rates were cheap and it's a 2 block walk from both St Catherines St and the Arena. The only shady thing about the hotel was the underground parking garage that was held up by a scaffold.

If Montreal Junior is playing while you're there, I would highly recommend going to a game.

the QMJHL playoffs will be going on when the Devils are up there so if I'm lucky I'll be able to catch a game.

Always stay at the Novotel. Out the doors to your right, you have the Bell Center, to your left, Rue St Catherine complete with restaurants, shopping, and bars galore.

Also, it has underground parking (for a fee).. very useful in the winter.

I can vouch for this. I have stayed at the Novotel hotel twice when I have been on holiday in Montreal. Very clean and comfortable and the hotel is in the perfect location. Literally a stones throw away from the bell centre and within 5 minutes walk of great pubs and restaurants. Make sure to try Ziggy's pub which has all the NHL games on and also Newtown, the bar owned by Jacques Villeneuve.

I can vouch for this. I have stayed at the Novotel hotel twice when I have been on holiday in Montreal. Very clean and comfortable and the hotel is in the perfect location. Literally a stones throw away from the bell centre and within 5 minutes walk of great pubs and restaurants. Make sure to try Ziggy's pub which has all the NHL games on and also Newtown, the bar owned by Jacques Villeneuve.

I LOVE Ziggy's. I have gone there enough that they now remember me. JOhnny Mac's cousin is a bartender there. He is the tall guy that sorta looks like him.

Hey finally got around to joining the board.

Long time lurker finally decided to join.

I will be at the game on the 9th of January.

This will be my 3rd game at the Bell Centre, and my second Devils/Canadiens game in MTL.

The first time I was in MTL we decided to go all out and stayed at Loews Hotel Vogue. AMAZING hotel if you want to lay down the cash for it. Extremely nice rooms, and very close to the Bell Centre. I have also stayed at the Sheraton Four Points near McGill College. I think it has since closed down.

This time around we rented an apartment on Crescent St., about 3-4 blocks away from the Bell Centre.

Found this apartment by checking out the vacation rentals on the montreal cragslist page.

I have rented an apartment for the weekend the last two times I have visted Montreal. Both time under $100 CDN per night.

You wind up saving a bunch of money as most of the time a 1-2 bedroom apartment can be had cheaper than an average hotel room. Also, being able to cook for yourself saves you a bunch. By simply cooking one meal a day I was able to save $ and use it accordingly at the local watering holes and attractions.

I LOVE Ziggy's. I have gone there enough that they now remember me. JOhnny Mac's cousin is a bartender there. He is the tall guy that sorta looks like him.

Yes your right he does, his names Dan Maclean, I have him on my facebook friends. LOL. Do you remember a bloke working there called Pat?? dont you think he's a dead ringer for 'dear I say it' Scott Gomez *Spits* hehe.

Yes your right he does, his names Dan Maclean, I have him on my facebook friends. LOL. Do you remember a bloke working there called Pat?? dont you think he's a dead ringer for 'dear I say it' Scott Gomez *Spits* hehe.

Don't think I remember a Pat. The times I have gone it is usually Dan amd the Blond woman Olga. Ziggy is usually around to heckle me before the game and then I get to heckle back after the game. NOw I can't wait to get up there in March. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I too am more of a reader than a poster, but I am also going up to Montreal this upcoming Saturday. I was wondering does anyone have any information on the arena? Times the doors open, can you go to lower level for practice, best food in the arena? Any other things would be greatly appreciated. First time going to Montreal!

I stayed at Le Nouvel Hotel for my buddy's bachelor party last spring. It's a solid hotel and it's within walking distance of both the arena (could see if from my window) and the Rue Ste. Catherine/Rue Crescent area.

As far as the Montreal experience goes, all I know is posted here (the thread for said bachelor party). Just for good measure, I'll mention again that Peel Pub and Ziggy's rule and Sleeman's Honey Brown and Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale are both so good that they almost make me wanna move to Canada.

So after tomorrow I will be venturing north, to Ottawa/Orleans for a few days and then to MTL on the 8th. If any fellow fans would like to meet-up/pre-game, I plan on going to Peel Pub to indulge on the towers of beer before the game on Saturday. Not to mention there will be festivities all weekend long, with much pre-gaming at the apartment we rented. Any fellow devils fans who would like to partake, send me a PM or something. The more the merrier!

I booked a room at Delta Centre-Ville. Now I'm just worried about the drive up there -- with all the snow they've been getting in Upstate New York.

This too has me a little worried. Last winter, we left NJ in an ice storm, and the storm followed us north all the way into Quebec. It was a pretty intense/challenging drive.

From what I saw, they handled it pretty well on I-87 in terms of plowing/salting the highway. Either way just take your time and be very cautious.

I heard on the news today that Burlington, VT got 38 inches of snow yesterday/last night. I reallllllly hope I-87 isn't too bad.