NJDevs FHL Season #8 underway!

NJDevs4978

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it really went quick...I think we had like twelve make it for a good portion of the draft, like last year. I still hope we can get that number to around 15 next year but the Friday 10 PM time worked well I think.

If Phoenix doesn't fall down an elevator shaft I think I'll be off to a good start (since I have their goalies in my post-Marty fantasy life)...I have good, not great d-men but I'm bullish on my forward core :)

hehe, planned to participate in the draft but for some reason didnt make it.

I had a list of 3 players that i wanted to keep an eye on in ekman larsson, paajarvi svensson and hall. the plan was to have one of them as a wild card but when i wasnt there i ended up with all 3 of them, probably a great deal earlier than i would have needed to pick one of them :D

should be an interesting year, as i seem to be ok at center and in goal

Well it all starts tonight... Normally I target a goalie 1st round, but decided to change up this year so we will see how that worked... Also last year I really focused on +/- in the draft, but got hur in other spots, this year Itried to focus on +/-, FO & PIM.

I have alot of players that I have never had before so it should be a fun year...

Edited by redruM

Seems to be fine now.

It would be nice to see some action from PattyElias, DogGoneLivesOn and Lad's Pad since none have so much as set a starting lineup since signing into the league back in August.

I sent off an email to yahoo just pointing it out earlier.

I was in prague for the start of the season so i couldn't log in to set my roster for a few days. think that cost me a few points.

Yeah, I wanted to see what was going on with Hillen before I moved any of my defensemen. Before Wisnieski was suspended, Jack couldn't crack a line-up that was minus Streit but added Mottau. Then the suspension came and Hillen was inserted into the line-up. I gambled that, given this opportunity, Hillen would impress. Instead, he plays for only 9 minutes and does zilch statistically. Eh, too late to move on Taormina, but I picked up Kulikov. He's in Florida's top 4 and the former 1st round pick looks close to putting it together.

• 2 weeks later...

How in god's name am I currently in first place in this league with my island of misfit toys team? Are you guys even TRYING? :lol:

It's October...and you're already going way above your game limits at a few positions :P

You do have some good players and Vokoun's gotten off to a nice start with two shutouts in any case.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's October...and you're already going way above your game limits at a few positions :P

You do have some good players and Vokoun's gotten off to a nice start with two shutouts in any case.

Game limits? B-wha?

This is quite unlike any league I've ever been in, it would figure I'm breaking the rules somehow without knowing it.

Game limits? B-wha?

This is quite unlike any league I've ever been in, it would figure I'm breaking the rules somehow without knowing it.

You only get 82 games played for each starting position so it would be 164 for C's, LW's, RW's (since there are two of each), 328 for D's because you have four, and 82 for goalies and the utility spot.

There is a chart below your lineup that helps you keep track.

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's really not hard to manage it, you just leave your best players in till someone gets hurt (since the goal is for them to play all 82) if you want to go the easy route or if you want to micromanage pick and choose which games you'll sit certain players and start others.

And like I edited in above, there's a chart below your lineup that helps keep track.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm glad I didn't pick any Devils this year :lol: To think I was kicking myself for passing on Greene in favor of Kronwall. Kronwall hasn't even been that great himself but yeesh. Taormina's about the only Devil worth anything right now. I would have liked to have had him but figured my defense was strong enough, it has underperformed so far though.

I'm glad I didn't pick any Devils this year :lol: To think I was kicking myself for passing on Greene in favor of Kronwall. Kronwall hasn't even been that great himself but yeesh. Taormina's about the only Devil worth anything right now. I would have liked to have had him but figured my defense was strong enough, it has underperformed so far though.

Its early.

I'd rather have Kronwall's two goals and -2 than Greene's four points and -11 :blink: I do think my D will eventually pick it up. Leopold seems to be my pita player this year, does well when I don't play him, nothing when I do.

My team's fate is probably gonna come down to whether Phoenix picks it up though, Bryzgalov's played well so far but the Yotes only have three wins in ten games and are giving up insane shot totals (they miss Michalek evidently).

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting and yet depressing trade between the #3 and #4 teams...oh how the mighty have fallen :saddevil:

Currently, #1 team... Go Price! :P (and first time ever I think I hit the top spot - even if its just intra-day).

But yea... I figured I could make a move for Brodeur and Gomez now... and then in a month hopefully it looks good.

Either way, I needed to dump a RW for a C... I'm struggling in faceoffs - not like Gomez would help me right now with that :D