In Nicaragua, Patriots wonXLII

stevestevens

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...337/1004/SPORTS

The NFL donated 290 Patriots hats and an equal number of team jerseys trumpeting the slogans "Super Bowl Champions, 19-0" to impoverished children from two small communities in southern Nicaragua.

"They were very happy to receive the hats and jerseys," Diaz said. "They said they did not expect such a surprise."

Neither did the Patriots.

photo01.jpg

photo02.jpg

photo03.jpg

photo04.jpg

photo05.jpg

photo06.jpg

• 1 month later...

I apologize for reviving a dead thread, but this is just CLASSIC! This is even better than the Reebok "Perfectville" commercial that never aired because the Pats lost, or the "19-0" book on Amazon that got pulled from the site because the Pats choked! AWESOME!

• 2 months later...

I was watching some show last week -- I think it was Last Comic Standing -- and the one guy says that in [whatever country] they think the Buffalo Bills were a dynasty back in the early Nineties. :lol:

I am glad the clothes went to a place where people could use them.

Better than destroying them like they did with our 2001 stuff....

Actually, I have a 2001 Devils Stanley Cup Champs hat from Nike. :lol: Bought it on a Polish auction site, no idea where the guy got the hats from, but he had like three of them and they were cheap, so I said to myself "why not". :)

Actually, I have a 2001 Devils Stanley Cup Champs hat from Nike. :lol: Bought it on a Polish auction site, no idea where the guy got the hats from, but he had like three of them and they were cheap, so I said to myself "why not". :)

Why would you want to remember that?

Wear 'em with pride Revan, because all things being equal, we did win the cup in 2001, only the NHL fixed it for Bourque the dork :angry:

I was in 8th grade so I don't necessarily remember game by game all the events that happened, but I thought the Avs beat the Devils fair and square. I think Gomez kicked the puck in early in Game 6 at home and it was rightfully disallowed. It seemed after that point they never got momentum back and just got beat in the final two games. Still sucks to know how close they were but I thought it was a fair series. The media hype over Borque was annoying as hell and I hated how ESPN would always show NJ as just the turnpike and then Colorado with the beautiful outdoors - that was annoying.