Devils Sign College Phenom Parise

Z-Man

Our future isn't set yet, untill we draft a number one pivot on the defensive end I doubt we do too much in the future. Thelen and O'Neill are the two giants I had in mind. Thelen is a two way monster but O'Neill is just a mean stay at home defenive defensmen. He does have some untapped potential but so did Kadeikin.

The Leafs signed Jeff Farkas and he stepped right into there lineup during our 2nd round series with them in 2000. Calgary did the same thing with Iginla in 1996. Lou might use him to try and catch lightning in a bottle.

:blink: I don't get what the salary of Parise has to do with Gomez's raise! :noclue:

It has to do with what Shred said. Gomez is a proven #1 center now and makes peanuts compared to Parise, who never played an NHL game in his life. With the season Gomez has had, he deserves at least twice what he makes now.

Why is this article about the Rangers of the 1970s?

What the hell does J.P. Parise have to do with Phil Esposito and Carol Vadnais?

Does (N)Єverson even have an editor anymore?

Well, if you read the entire article, you'd see the connection. Parise's Dad knocked them out of the playoffs in '75 and that was the end of those very good 70's teams because they made some ridiculous trades afterwards. I think it has to do with J.P. being Zach's Dad. And he was a good player.

:blink: I don't get what the salary of Parise has to do with Gomez's raise! :noclue:

It has to do with what Shred said. Gomez is a proven #1 center now and makes peanuts compared to Parise, who never played an NHL game in his life. With the season Gomez has had, he deserves at least twice what he makes now.

But the thing is that he has been underpaid for years. He signed a long deal and had to live with it.

Most in our team make more than he do, so I don't get how Parise's salary would make any difference what so ever

Scott Gomez will be getting at least 3.5 million a year in arbitration if he decides to go. In fact, I have no idea how the Devils will be paying for him next season, or when the NHL comes back. I think we might be saying bye-bye to Viktor Kozlov after this season, no matter how well he plays. Anyway, Scott's salary was determined by the system, nothing more. If he had been a higher draft pick, he would've been paid more out of the gate.

As for Parise, Derek, those Ranger facts have NOTHING to do with Zach Parise. It's just a poorly written article. If I were going to discuss Mark Messier's son's hockey career, would I mention the fact that Bernie Nicholls left the Devils after the 94 season, and they picked up Neal Broten to replace him, and went on to win the Stanley Cup the year after? Of course not.

Edited by Triumph

Why is this article about the Rangers of the 1970s?

What the hell does J.P. Parise have to do with Phil Esposito and Carol Vadnais?

Does (N)Єverson even have an editor anymore?

When the Islanders knocked off the Rangers on that goal, that was the first of many steps the Islanders took to winning the cup 4 straight times. If that goal was scored by the Rangers, would they have made those lousy trades?

Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge!!!!! (A young guy who would score a ton for Boston for a player on his last legs, who just happened to be Esposito's buddy.)

One of the worst trades in NHL history!

What is all the fuss about???

If you see its written by (N)(N)Єverson, you can ignore it.

Move on...

The thing that kind of annoys me most this year from (N)Єverson are all the "Do Little Lou" references he likes to slide in from time to time.

When the Islanders knocked off the Rangers on that goal, that was the first of many steps the Islanders took to winning the cup 4 straight times.  If that goal was scored by the Rangers, would they have made those lousy trades?

Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge!!!!! (A young guy who would score a ton for Boston for a player on his last legs, who just happened to be Esposito's buddy.)

One of the worst trades in NHL history!

Thank you Rock B ) . That's why his Dad was mentioned. A historical perspective.