Devils trade Michael Rupp to Phoenix

femalenynjazfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you people are insane...........If Rupps was valued higher around the league he would have gone for something even better........

Hrdina is a tremendous acquisition......He is solid on faceoffs, has nice speed, is young, and like Kozlov is a playmaker........

He is ten times more talented than the garbage we put out there on the ice in Marshall and Rasmussen..........

Marshall has done absolutely nothing.......I mean nothing

From my buddy, the poor, poor bastard, a Penguins fan:

Moam123: so Hrdina is a Devil eh?

R CoN DaL: yeah

R CoN DaL: gimme the scoop

R CoN DaL: the natives in Devils' land are restless

R CoN DaL: i don't like it, I think he's another weak, soft, tiny guy who can't score

Moam123: well he's not a bad set up man

Moam123: notorious for not taking shots

R CoN DaL: oh goody

Moam123: well he can score he put in 20+ the last full season he was a penguin

R CoN DaL: yeah but on whose line?

Moam123: also a good face off man

R CoN DaL: we don't have Alex Kovalev or Mario Lemeiux setting him up

Moam123: he was't playign with them

Moam123: I don't know what his deal was on Phoenix for the last year

Moam123: check out his career stats

Moam123: not a goal scorer

Moam123: but the saeson he scored 20+ he had a ton more shots on goal

I think you are all over reacting. You all have made some good points, but remember we do not run this team, nor do we have any idea what Lou is working on. I actually really like this trade. I was excited when I heard it, then I come on here to all this doom and gloom talk. Let's face it, Lou does not run his team like a video game, picking up players because of a big name or player rating. Every addition or subtraction to this team is part of an equation that equals one thing....winning the Stanley Cup. In Lou I trust. So take a deep breath and get ready for a wild 4 days. :evil:

Hulse isnt coming here, if Lou wanted him he would have come in this deal.......Expect Lou to land a defenseman on Monday or Tuesday......My money is on Alexei Zhitnik......

I cant beleive some of you are bashing this trade, this is not an outright steal like the Kozlov trade, but lets face it Rupp was not developing enough, and maybe he becomes a solid power forward, but he probably wont, the knock on him is he needs to be that power forward type of player but he continually trys to play like hes Patrik Elias......which hes not......

Some of you people are insane...........If Rupps was valued higher around the league he would have gone for something even better........

Hrdina is a tremendous acquisition......He is solid on faceoffs, has nice speed, is young, and like Kozlov is a playmaker........

He is ten times more talented than the garbage we put out there on the ice in Marshall and Rasmussen..........

Marshall has done absolutely nothing.......I mean nothing

We have playmakers. IMHO, we have too many playmakers and not enough finishers. We have created brilliant chances all season the problem is that other than Elias noone on this team has consistent finishing skills. Bringing in another playmaker is not going to fix that.

Lou would slap you all in the face........Hrdina is a fantastic acquisition..

Also notice these trades are not rentals.....they are positive moves to keep the team in flow should a new cba come into place

Nonsense.........Devils consistently rank among the teams with the highest shots and scoring chances per game........The problem with the Devils team this year is defensive depth.....quality depth that is.......

I dunno. I guess I am happy. When I first saw the trade on ESPN's bottomline this morning I was thrilled, but the more and more I think about that 2nd round pick...I think we overpaid--a little. But I like Funky Cold Hrdina. And I like winning face-offs. In the playoffs. Folks above have mentioned such above me...watching Hrdina win 'em against us with Pittsburgh and watching us (minus Nieuwy maybe) consistly loose 'em.

But above all, I WANT Witt. Number 19 is waiting for his arrival. Stevens or no Stevens. I want this guy,...for the long-term. But if we get him, can we afford him? In any case...please Uncle Lou! I'm beggin' ya! Please. Just not for Parise. :evil:

Nonsense.........Devils consistently rank among the teams with the highest shots and scoring chances per game........The problem with the Devils team this year is defensive depth.....quality depth that is.......

Right, we have the highest shots and scoring chances but among the lowest actual goals. That tells me we need finishers....badly. Kozlov may be a finisher but Hrdina certainly is not. If you are going to give up on a young guy like Rupp and a high round pick you need to address the team's biggest need which as you have shown there and I agree with, is finishing.

Thank you CP123. At least I'm not the only one that hated watching a 6' 5 player fall all over himself and uses his size for nothing more then a paper weight.

This is a much better deal then you are all giving it credit for. Only time will tell.

With that said, Lou better get us some D regardless if Stevens is coming back or not.

How so, 7? What has Jan Hrdina ever done that makes him a better pickup than the vet blueliner we desperately need and now have NO roster chips to get (unless we're talking a Madden / Gionta / Friesen trade, which I don't like).

That's a hell of a leap to think that the Devils won't be adding any defensive depth before next Tuesday.

As for the trade...listen, we've added to offensive players at our thinest position. Before these two trades, our bottom three lines were centered by Sergei Brylin, John Madden and Eric Rasmussen. Now, we have Kozlov, Madden and Hrdina. Anyone who doesn't think that's a significant upgrade doesn't know hockey.

As for Rupp...he's an enigma wrapped in a puzzle wrapped in a huge body. But he was never going to be the player he should be. Maybe a change of venue will be good for him.

I like this trade, and I think the Devils are still going to make another move for a defenseman. Could it be they repackage one of these two new players for a Witt-type? If not, we're still better off than we're were at the beginning of the week.

<JESTER>

This acquisition doesn't bother me at all. Rupp wasn't panning out here, one day he was a saint, the next day he was the devil...he was waaay too inconsistant and personally, I was no real fan of him. Who knows with Hrdina. Maybe he'll do some damage, maybe he won't. It's obvious Hrdina was all Rupp could get us, so scratch the idea that this trade is "terrible" or that Lou could have gotten "more" for Rupp.

I think Hrdina will definitely help us out on face-offs. That's definitely a plus.

I knew Rupp was a goner, but I figured he'd go for a d man. :blink: Maybe Rassmussen is going. He fits into the what have you done lately or ever category. :noclue:

You know I think I should set up a Kool-Aid stand until after the trade deadline. Make a fortune! :lol:

Edited by devsRgreat

Yeah I can still remember the idiot know it all's on the FAN saying that EXACT kinda

quote when we got him in '95... given I was still learning the league back then and

didn't know too much aside of the guy we traded for him being crap (I know the

name but I'm hoping Don uses it as a Trivia Question :P ) and them laughing at the

deal... even back then the Kool Aid ruled supreme !!!

traded for corey millen. who was traded for joe nieuwendyk.

RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou is working on getting a defenseman.....its just that that particular trade front will only really explode at the deadline or as early as Monday........The thing I take is that Lou has reportedly been looking around at offensive defenseman or two way defenseman like Zhitnik because he beleives Scotty will be back very soon......

I can deal with Rupp. Rupp for Hrdina straight up would not have been a problem for me. However, we also gave up a second round pick. Our drafting skills are legendary. I don't like taking away high picks from Dave Conte unless we are getting back something really good. I just don't think Hrdina is that good.

I think this means that Kozlov is not going to be a center here which is fine, whatever. But Hrdina is not Perrault.

Yeah I can still remember the idiot know it all's on the FAN saying that EXACT kinda

quote when we got him in '95... given I was still learning the league back then and

didn't know too much aside of the guy we traded for him being crap (I know the

name but I'm hoping Don uses it as a Trivia Question :P ) and them laughing at the

deal... even back then the Kool Aid ruled supreme !!!

traded for corey millen. who was traded for joe nieuwendyk.

Millen was part of the deal for JN, but the centerpiece was some schlub named Jarome Iginla....