Congrats to Hasan Once Again

NJayDevil

WHEW :) Wasn't easy but I did repeat...now it's the Devils' turn :evil:

That was certainly a wild finish though. Another week and LetsGoDevils might have caught me. Congrats on taking me to the limit, you certainly had a terrific year. I kinda wonder where I'd be without my late-season pickups. That's what finally put me over the top. Guys like Heatley, Satan, Sutton, plus Hatcher coming back really helped. Even my shorter-term pickups like Hunter, Fedotenko and Kraft chipped in. But my team was near the top all year to begin with too, it seemed as if it was always me vs. someone else for the top spot, me and Swede early in the year, me and Derek in the middle, then me and LGD late.

Win or lose, it certainly was fun this year, but it's always nice to come out on top and have the #1 pick again :uni:

Congrats also to Derek for taking the bronze (finishing third), DM for his climb from 19th to 4th, Swede for a strong year in taking 5th, RD for taking 6th despite more big-name dissapointments than anyone, and Sarge, NJay, westcoast (despite not playing much recently) and SOTD for rounding out the top ten and a thumbs up to those not in the top ten that kept on playing all year.

Has, what can I say but :hail: ...

overall I am pretty happy with my rookie season. Next year i will have to be more active in the begining of the season. Has picked up a couple of important players early on (that d guy, what's his name, for example)

Oh, and note to self for next season. Be there for the draft and get some goalies that actually will play (cough Hacket cough)

All in all it was a fun season, congrats to Hassan once again!

Edited by Swede

Swede that would be Zidlicky...and I lucked out with that one big time. I probably wouldn't have bothered to pick him up if Hatcher didn't go down and I had to look for a replacement. I had no idea who he was, but he got off to a hot start so I felt compelled to try him. Ironically Derek was probably the one person who knew this kid was gonna be good but he I suppose didn't know Zidlicky had become available in the league when I claimed him.

Congrats Hasan, two years in a row is a nice feat. One more and you will be a dynasty lol.

Thanks for the tips during the year, most of them did pan out and helped my success. My only real weak category was assists and the plus/minus which is hard to keep high when you have people like Nash and his negative -90 or whatever it was lol.

Most people in the league were active and that was interesting to see a bunch of players end up over 200 points.

DM, you damn near turned into my personal Frankenstein...heh.

And to answer your question, after winning with Marty this year is there really any doubt? :evil: Heck, it's kind of cute that the prize is the option to pick where you draft, and I've basically turned it into a thing where drafting Marty has become the prize :lol: It gives us something to play for and yet it's not something where we'll get hypercompetitive like if there was money on the line or anything like that.

Congratulations Hasan on repeating as champ. Anyone who can do it twice in a row is a hockey god. You had good challenges this year but you still prevailed ;) .

Thanks for the bronze compliment. I wish I could have won. But my team slumped at the end. Maybe that Hasek injury finally hurt because Aebischer and the Avs did not play great hockey at the conclusion of the season. Anyway, I look forward to being in next year's league and promise to challenge again B ) .

Congrats to all participants!

• 2 weeks later...
can yo u guys give me some background info about this, im very interested

It's our board fantasy league...we get around 20 people and play in a free Yahoo! rotiserrie league. The only prize is the winner gets to pick their draft position for the next year, we just play for fun.

Zammie, well if we have no Burns I'd rather see my avatar coach the team ;) But if I WERE the coach I'd play Marty 5-10 less games a year...and if Marty did play 75 games under me well everyone would know Lou's the one calling the shots on how many games Marty plays :lol: