The "random thoughts" thread

sheeps

Since I'm now following every playoff series more closely, but can't really start a thread for every idea I have, I'm making a random thoughts thread.

* Toronto has had two late series so far. The Ottawa series went on forever, the last to finish up (right?). Once again, no matter who the winner, they'll be the last to finish. Will this hurt Toronto, an older team, if they advance?

* Montreal is dead right now. People are moping. The St-Lawrence River could overflow with all the tears. Out on the town last night, it was just plain sad.

* Calgary is awesome.

* Tampa Bay is just too good. Maybe Montreal and Long Island make them look good. But they - at the same time - played their system while countering the other team's system. Now that's smart hockey. I'd give them a fair chance no matter who they end up playing in the ECF.

* I still hate Detroit. And Colorado. But I don't like San Jose too much either. Maybe I'm biased against teal.

Anybody else have any random thoughts?

I wish the Devils were still in it.

I think Tampa will win the East and the Red Wings will prevail in the West. I really can't pick a Cup winner. The unknown factor for me is Cujo/Bulin Wall and right now my money is on the Bulin Wall.

Lets Go Flames. Lets Go Sharks (I like teal :D )

Edited by devsRgreat

My random thought is I hope Toronto and Philly bang the living crap out of eachother so TB advances to the SCF.

Wouldn't mind that either... but seriously, anyone but Philly, I know you hate Toronto, I am on a pretty-much exclusively Philly-hating mode right now.

Tampa will definitely win the ECF if they end up playing Toronto. Toronto will be incredibly banged up from two rough series, and the Lighting have had a very easy road thus far... just like the Devils did last year in the first two rounds.

If they play Philly, then it really all depends on how far Esche will take them. If he pulls a Brian Boucher - 2000, then Philly's toast. Tampa may not be big, but they're fast as hell and have guys that can finish and will make you pay for mistakes.

I have no problem with the Sharks. I mean, I'd PREFER that they didn't wear teal, but that doesn't bother me enough to make me hate them or anything. Besides, Ron Wilson is one of Lou's boys from Providence College. Lou even helped him find a team that would sign him as a free agent when he wasn't drafted, and he negotiated Ron's first contract for him. So, Go Sharks, Go Calgary, Go Tampa!!!

Oh, and Go Leafs...until you meet Tampa. Then I hope you are toast.

Here's a random thought: that spotted coat Cherry had on the other night had to be the most hideous thing I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Was that custom-made for him or something? I couldn't imagine anybody else ON EARTH wanting to wear that! :lol:

Here's a random thought: that spotted coat Cherry had on the other night had to be the most hideous thing I've ever seen.  :rolleyes:

Was that custom-made for him or something? I couldn't imagine anybody else ON EARTH wanting to wear that! :lol:

Well, maybe Walt 'Clyde' Frazier who I swear may exchange clothing with Grapes occasionally. Except Don doesn't wear leather...that I know of.

Toronto will be incredibly banged up from two rough series, and the Lighting have had a very easy road thus far... just like the Devils did last year in the first two rounds.

It's awfully convenient to say that the Lightning have had an "easy road." I just think they're playing great playoff hockey. Yeah, they beat the seventh and eighth seeds (they earned that right by posting the best record in the East), but we've been saying all year long that the difference between the playoff teams in the Eastern Conference is small. Heck, the Isles beat Tampa three times during the season.

At any rate, I agree that disposing of its first two opponents quickly could be a huge advantage to Tampa. But history tells us all teams usually face some adversity in the playoffs, and maybe Toronto or Philly will be the team to put some heat on them.

I agree, every team comes into playoff adversity. I might be shot for saying this, though: I think a lot of our success last year comes from who we played. Boston? Easy. Tampa Bay? Not nearly as strong as this year. Ottawa was coming off a rough series with Philadelphia, so they were hobbling into our series with them. And the Ducks? Well, I think we solved them in every way possible. That's why it wasn't a "weak Cup win," because every other WC team couldn't solve them. I am willing to bet we would be one of the few EC teams that could have solved them.

I'm really glad that Tampa won b/c I want to see Tampa and Toronto ECF and Calgary/San Jose series....Pulling for Tampa to win it all but i predict the Sharks will win the cup.

Kinda blue thinking that if next season is a scratch that we have uncermoniously seen the end of our greatest player and leader, Scott Stevens. This is no way for a player like Stevens to go out. So I'm praying for at least as short season next year.

GO DEVILS!!!

Mr. sheeps, I agree that the Devs got some favorable matchups last year.....but they're only favorable if you play well and exploit the other team's weaknesses. The same goes for Tampa this year....they matched up well with the Isles and Habs, then they actually went out and took them apart. That's the sign of a good team, not easing off the gas pedal.

Mr. sheeps, I agree that the Devs got some favorable matchups last year.....but they're only favorable if you play well and exploit the other team's weaknesses. The same goes for Tampa this year....they matched up well with the Isles and Habs, then they actually went out and took them apart. That's the sign of a good team, not easing off the gas pedal.

Agree 100%

Martin St. Louis has a patchy playoff beard.

Does it beat Iginla's?

My beard is patchy and I hate it! But it's finally starting to fill in...

I haven't gotten a good look at Iginla's. I saw St. Louis' yesterday when he was being interviewed after booting the Habs. It's pretty full around the mouth, but once you get to the jaw-line :blink:

I have a headache :saddevil:

Random thoughts... about hockey?

Oops.. sorry. I shoudl have guessed being in Hell and all... :unsure:

I miss Scott Stevens on the ice. :saddevil:

And I don't Lacavalier can grow a playoff beard -- smooth as a baby's butt his chin is. He's such an icky pointy dweeb... <_<:puke:

EDIT -- man... :rolleyes: I got sammied...

dammitt

:rant:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Oh I had a Scott Stevens dream last night -- it was short... :unsure: oh! OH!! I just remembered it.. it was my first naughty Stevens dream EVER!

Yes we were gettin' it on! but sort of right at the start -- well see it's all got to do with the squeeking of bedsprings i think.. well see this is what happened... we hadn't even gotten started (and that's the way the dream started just out of the blue no hi how are you or foreplay or anything just there we were and there were like five squeeky boings and.. :unsure: all of a sudden an arm pops up with a lotto ticket in it and then another and then it was like we were on a lottery drawing stage and somehow each boink was like a number being drawn or something... I don't know.. and everyone was waiving tickets and shouting .. maybe it was like a horserace or something :noclue: all I know is I didn't get to shout BINGO! or anything... I didn't SEE anything or feel anything... it was a very UNsexy dream. :saddevil:

Hey do you all think Stevens will throw hits in the Old Timers games even if you're not supposed to and say stuff like he didn't know 'cause he's old and stuff? He forgot... stuff like that?

I can just see it now:

"But...the guy had his head down and he was coming across center ice...you expect me to hold back after all these years??? You can't just deprogram yourself, you know. Besides, PK told me it was OK to hit people in Old Timers games."

:evil:

Oh I had a Scott Stevens dream last night -- it was short...  :unsure:   oh!  OH!!  I just remembered it.. it was my first naughty Stevens dream EVER! 

Yes we were gettin' it on!  but sort of right at the start -- well see it's all got to do with the squeeking of bedsprings i think.. well see this is what happened...  we hadn't even gotten started (and that's the way the dream started just out of the blue no hi how are you or foreplay or anything  just there we were and there were like five squeeky boings and.. :unsure:   all of a sudden an arm pops up with a lotto ticket in it and then another and then it was like we were on a lottery drawing stage and somehow each boink was like a number being drawn or something... I don't know.. and everyone was waiving tickets and shouting .. maybe it was like a horserace or something :noclue: all I know is I didn't get to shout BINGO! or anything... I didn't SEE anything or feel anything... it was a very UNsexy dream.  :saddevil:

Hahah :rofl: -that's one of the funniest, most bizarre dreams I've ever heard of... :lol: