The "random thoughts" thread

sheeps

I didn't SEE anything or feel anything... it was a very UNsexy dream. :saddevil:

And maybe this ought to tell you something...remember that worry you had that he might be a 'lemon' so you wanted to do a 'test drive' rather than getting a 'long-term lease' from Donna...I think this dream is an omen.

Or not.

:lol:

Perhaps I can rescue this thread... anyone foresee a fight in tonight's game? I could see the obvious Brasher-Domi as well as a not-so-obvious one, like Klee-Roenick or something... hell, Mogilny was ready to drop the gloves last game!

Perhaps I can rescue this thread... anyone foresee a fight in tonight's game? I could see the obvious Brasher-Domi as well as a not-so-obvious one, like Klee-Roenick or something... hell, Mogilny was ready to drop the gloves last game!

I think it could get ugly tonight. Maybe not if the game is close...but if either team is ahead by more than two late, forget it. I expect an all-out brawl.

Or they could have one fight EARLY to 'set a tone'. That would probably be Brashear-Domi in the first period.

See, I CAN discuss hockey. It's just that occasionally I discuss "other" things w/PK.

See, I CAN discuss hockey. It's just that occasionally I discuss "other" things w/PK.

Oh I know you can, and that she can, but sometimes one too many off-topic posts throw the thread in a completely different direction than intended...

See, I CAN discuss hockey.  It's just that occasionally I discuss "other" things w/PK.

Oh I know you can, and that she can, but sometimes one too many off-topic posts throw the thread in a completely different direction than intended...

yeah but the point of this thread was "random thoughts" if that's not a random thought then i don't know what is.

My random thoughts...

-The Sharks better finish the Avs tomorrow

-Playoff overtime hasn't been kind to two of the NHL's best recently in Montreal and the Islanders:

Islanders lost their only OT game last year against Ottawa in a crucial Game Three. They also were eliminated in Game Five by Tampa Bay in OT by St. Louis. If you go back to '94, none of the games against the Rangers went to OT. But in '93 against Montreal, they lost two straight OTs which helped the Canadiens prevail. Overall, the Islanders have lost their last four playoff overtime games.

Canadiens lost two OT games to Boston in the first round (Bergeron and Murray) but they were 4-1 in regulation that series. They lost the pivotal Game Three when Richards banked in his rebound off Theodore to finish off any realistic chance Montreal had of coming back. They were 0-3 in sudden death during this year's playoffs. If you go back to two years ago against Carolina, OT was the turning point of that series. After winning the previous game in OT, the Habs were poised to go up 3-1 when they inexplicably blew a 3-0 lead in the third period. Carolina tied it and then won it in OT. The Habs never recovered. Overall, the Canadiens have dropped their last four playoff overtime games.

Ironic.

Edited by Derek21

Heres what my dream book says... For a young women to dream of Lottery in any way denotes that her careless way of doing things will bring her dissappointment . It denotes that u will have unfavorable friendships in business, your love affairs will produce temporary pleasures.

If you have a Strange Bed fellow your discontent will worry ll who come near you.... IF you have any kind of animal in bed with u there will be unbounding ill luck hanging over u...

You know what... I hatre this dream book it was a waste of money!!! I am sure none of your dreams mean anyhting this negative.. simply dreams of the person u think is sexy as hell!!!

yeah but the point of this thread was "random thoughts" if that's not a random thought then i don't know what is.

Yes, it was a thread for "random thoughts" in a forum described as "an open forum for anything affecting the hockey world."

Oh I had a Scott Stevens dream last night -- it was short...  :unsure:   oh!  OH!!  I just remembered it.. it was my first naughty Stevens dream EVER! 

Yes we were gettin' it on!  but sort of right at the start -- well see it's all got to do with the squeeking of bedsprings i think.. well see this is what happened...  we hadn't even gotten started (and that's the way the dream started just out of the blue no hi how are you or foreplay or anything  just there we were and there were like five squeeky boings and.. :unsure:   all of a sudden an arm pops up with a lotto ticket in it and then another and then it was like we were on a lottery drawing stage and somehow each boink was like a number being drawn or something... I don't know.. and everyone was waiving tickets and shouting .. maybe it was like a horserace or something :noclue: all I know is I didn't get to shout BINGO! or anything... I didn't SEE anything or feel anything... it was a very UNsexy dream.  :saddevil:

Did it go something like this............

PK --> sleeping10.gif

.....then....... knuddel.gif

........then.......Smoker.gif

...then.....argue2.gif

...and then....cry.gif

Ottawa was coming off a rough series with Philadelphia, so they were hobbling into our series with them.

Ottawa played one more game in the first two rounds than we did and they were a younger and deeper (offensively anyway) team so that was not a factor.

I don't exactly disagree about the Devils having a good draw, but as the saying goes you make your own breaks. The Devils spit blood to finish ahead of the Flyers and got rewarded for it. They overcame the looming obstacle they had to in Ottawa then they held off the Ducks after it looked like they had grabbed the momentum twice (after Games 4 and 6). OTOH, I'm pretty sure the Devils actually played the most (playoff) games ever for a Cup winner - 24.

True, but coming off a series with Philadelphia is a lot different than coming off a series with Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay doesn't punish you for existing.

I think the Ottawa and Anaheim series proved we were worthy of the Cup last year. Beating the President's Trophy winners and the "Unsolvable Ducks" are proof enough!

Ottawa was coming off a rough series with Philadelphia, so they were hobbling into our series with them.

Ottawa played one more game in the first two rounds than we did and they were a younger and deeper (offensively anyway) team so that was not a factor.

I don't exactly disagree about the Devils having a good draw, but as the saying goes you make your own breaks. The Devils spit blood to finish ahead of the Flyers and got rewarded for it. They overcame the looming obstacle they had to in Ottawa then they held off the Ducks after it looked like they had grabbed the momentum twice (after Games 4 and 6). OTOH, I'm pretty sure the Devils actually played the most (playoff) games ever for a Cup winner - 24.

Amen brother Amen. :D I was going to add something about the Devils earning the Cup but basically it was along the same lines as what you said so I figured it would be redundant to say it and you said it so well anyway. :evil:

LETS GO DEVILS!