Canadiens' Juneau calls it a career

Satans Hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=82350

Canadiens' Juneau calls it a career

TSN.ca Staff

5/1/2004

After 12 seasons in the NHL, Montreal Canadiens forward Joe Juneau is calling it a career. Juneau spent the last three seasons in a Canadiens uniform, collecting 73 regular season points and six post-season points. Drafted by the Boston Bruins in the fourth round (81st overall) of the 1988 entry draft, Juneau's greatest season came in the 1992-93 season when he chalked up 102 points (32 goals, 70 assists) with a plus-23 rating. The following season, he was traded to the Washington Capitals in exchange for defenceman Al Iafrate. Juneau ended up leading the team in scoring. Over the next five seasons, Juneau put up 193 points with the Capitals, helping the club reach the post-season four of those years. He spent the next three years with Buffalo, Ottawa and Phoenix before being traded to Montreal in 2001 for future considerations. Juneau also won the silver medal with Team Canada at the Olympic Games in Albertville, leading the tournament in scoring. He also played three seasons with the Canadian national team, registered 76 points in 70 games.

was once a great passer and skater, but his hands left him about 4 years ago. I guess he tried to be a defensive center the past couple of years.

Never lost his faceoff ability though!

Great guy, have fun in retirement Joey!

Juneau was a great player when he started out. Had an incredible rookie season with Boston. I thought he'd have a better career. Not that it wasn't good but he could have been better.

i wonder if he will continue his astrounat skills. i remember seeing about this on nhl cool shots a few years back.

Yep, he does have an actual degree in something like aero/astro engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology in our beloved Hoboken, NJ, an excellent educational institution.

So he could find something to do with his life in retirement that resembled a non-hockey career.

Sorry, I thought he went to Stevens. Was that Oates??? Or did he go to RPI as well??? Because I thought it was Oates who went to RPI and Juneau who went to Stevens. But I believe one did go to each institution...I must have gotten them confused.

Sorry, I thought he went to Stevens. Was that Oates??? Or did he go to RPI as well??? Because I thought it was Oates who went to RPI and Juneau who went to Stevens. But I believe one did go to each institution...I must have gotten them confused.

According to that Times Union article both went to RPI.

Sorry, I thought he went to Stevens.  Was that Oates???  Or did he go to RPI as well???  Because I thought it was Oates who went to RPI and Juneau who went to Stevens.  But I believe one did go to each institution...I must have gotten them confused.

According to that Times Union article both went to RPI.

OK, I stand absolutely corrected. But then there is or was someone who has recently played in the NHL who went to Stevens and it is going to drive me nuts until I can remember who it is/was.