Team USA result / WHC

FunkyBlueFish203

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's please bear in mind Bertuzzi's crocodile tears came literally days after the incident while Heatley's first public comments after the accident were MONTHS after the fact. The two do not compare. Whether Heatley did or did not cry MONTHS after the fact really shouldn't matter.

What I'm saying is that from what I have seen, which I admit isn't a whole lot, I have no documented proof that he was/is/will be remorseful and upset by what he did.

What I'm saying is that from what I have seen, which I admit is quite is bit, is documented proof of him being a VERY, VERY happy young man. Every time I've seen his face since his return has been one big ol' toothless grin.

Sammy is quite correct. He COULD go home and cry himself to sleep at night. It's POSSIBLE.

From what I SEE, he seems to have skipped right over denial, anger, depression, acceptance, etc and gone right on to "HOLY sh!t I'M KICKIN' ASS!".

Sorry if the links dont work. They are pretty old and I had them saved. He had a teary press conference - no tissues involved - but a choked up voice and a shaky demeanor. The articles are too long and the pictures are too many, but I'm sure I can dig some up if you want.

But I'm lauging because calling Heatley out for smiling after winning the gold is just grasping at straws. I can understand everyone having a different opinion on this issue, but this? I hope you realize how absurd it sounds.

As for saying Bertuzzi's attack didn't result in someone dying - it resulted in C3, C4 veterbrae injuries. An inch here and there and Steve Moore is paralyzed for life. So because Bertuzzi barely missed, his action is less horrific? Then what about the millions of people who speed everyday and just miss hitting someone? Basically it's not a crime until something drastic happens? It's not robbery until you get caught kind of a scenario, eh?

You don't have to cheer Heatley on. There are others who support him and want him to get over this and move on, the Snyders included. It comes from what kind of a person he is deep down. He will live with this incident for the rest of his life, though, and as much as you and I try to imagine how it would feel like, we will never really be able to understand the guilt Heatley faces everyday, the guilt that comes from knowing the fact that he is responsible for the death of his friend.

As for the punishment, the law will take care of it. Please note that some average Joe who did the same will never have his name in the press so many times, never be reminded of it by the media so many times and never have his career linked to this by the media so many times. Some public figure can use an incident like this to the community's advantage and educate kids and others of the drastic consequences to face by making such a mistake.

This is just getting old now, there's nothing new to say.

Once again, congratulations to Canada on winning the gold.

Edited by FunkyBlueFish203

But I'm lauging because calling Heatley out for smiling after winning the gold is just grasping at straws. I can understand everyone having a different opinion on this issue, but this? I hope you realize how absurd it sounds.

I'm not saying that I didn't expect him to be happy for winning the gold.

I'm saying that I didn't expect that to be the only emotion I have seen from him since he killed someone.

Hockey could very well be an escape for the pain he feels. So when he is on the ice, or doing something hockey related he is bound to smile or look happy.

Should he display a frown for the rest of his life? Even the most depressed people are known to show a smile once in a while.

Some people just display their emotion differently. When my mother passed away I would not show a tear in public, or even among friends and family. Behind closed doors was another story. My father on the other hand would bawl like crazy. It's just the way I am, and I don't think that makes me a bad person.

BTW, I think Bertuzzi's tears were more for himself than for Moore. Of course that is my opinion and I will never know for sure.

I'm not saying that I didn't expect him to be happy for winning the gold.

I'm saying that I didn't expect that to be the only emotion I have seen from him since he killed someone.

So you wanted him to shed some tears? Make a speech and dedicate the gold to Snyder?

I'm going to show you something.

wm04_praha0605_p019.jpg

Look at this picture. Look very closely.

Look at the gloves.

Along the wrists, outside edge.

Little upside down 37s.

How do you know he wasn't already playing for his friend?

From what I SEE, he seems to have skipped right over denial, anger, depression, acceptance, etc and gone right on to "HOLY sh!t I'M KICKIN' ASS!".

Exactly, you don't see everything. You see him playing hockey and being interviewed for hockey. You don't see him at his house or at a hotel when hes on the road. He might have nightmares about the accident and he might sleep like a baby all night long but there is no way we can know whats going on inside his head.

Exactly, you don't see everything. You see him playing hockey and being interviewed for hockey. You don't see him at his house or at a hotel when hes on the road. He might have nightmares about the accident and he might sleep like a baby all night long but there is no way we can know whats going on inside his head.

I am willing to bet money thats what he dreams. You guys all act as if he wasn't his friend, thats as if you guys killed one of your better friends and had to live through it. I have had a friend that found his father dead after committing suicide and what they try to tell you is to forget everything to do with the accident ect. Why would Heatley want to keep bringing that up in his head.

I didnt even see tears in bertuzzi's eyes.. He was wiping away nothing in the clip I saw.

Anyhow, ESB - Sorry that some people on here are so unsympathetic to your feelings. I absolutely understand how u feel the way you do, and I can understand how others feel the way they feel, but I dont feel that gives anyone the right to tell u to get over the way you feel.

Death for some reason, really affects me, I mean more so when its someone I know, but it affects me to an extreme. And Ive lost close friends, not so close friends, distant relatives, and my dad. None of them compare to the loss of my father, just the constant thought of not having him walk me down the aisle or meet my children, or my boyfriend... still kills me, but I have ran into several people along the way who dont really understand that.. and It upsets me, but I have to accept that all people are different with their feelings. Someone so close to me in my life has often told me that death doesnt really affect him .. that he hasnt had many close relationships and so even if one of his parent passed away he thinks in a day or 2 he would be fine.. and so its hard for me , when i get uspet often about my dad, cause he is always there and I feel like he doesnt understand.. luckily, although he doesnt,... he stills understands that im hurting and can lend a shoulder for me.

Its just too bad that some people dont have those emotions mainly for the fact that they cant sympathize with your feelings. They dont need to feel that way but i think it wouldnt hurt someone to just say, i undertand how u feel, i feel differently. I read this thread and I immediately got angry. Not because people arent entitled to ther feelings but because it jsut came across as harsh. I dont know the people on here personally so I cant say that they havent experinced death first hand, but maybe a certain person passin would maket hem realize its not something that is extremely easy to "get over"

Anyhow, Sorry all, Im not taking any sides here..in this debate, I know how I feel and I am not rpeaching or anything either, just trying to be supportive for someone who maybe needs it!!

Night Ya'll!

Death for some reason, really affects me, I mean more so when its someone I know, but it affects me to an extreme. And Ive lost close friends, not so close friends, distant relatives, and my dad. None of them compare to the loss of my father, just the constant thought of not having him walk me down the aisle or meet my children, or my boyfriend... still kills me, but I have ran into several people along the way who dont really understand that.. and It upsets me, but I have to accept that all people are different with their feelings. Someone so close to me in my life has often told me that death doesnt really affect him .. that he hasnt had many close relationships and so even if one of his parent passed away he thinks in a day or 2 he would be fine.. and so its hard for me , when i get uspet often about my dad, cause he is always there and I feel like he doesnt understand.. luckily, although he doesnt,... he stills understands that im hurting and can lend a shoulder for me.

There is a big difference between your father dying and some hockey player dying

There is a big difference between your father dying and some hockey player dying

I understand that, I really do, But someone i knew for 3 weeks and hung out with 2 times only committed suicide and I was upset about it for like a month. I hardly knew him, but I guess in my head I wished I had gotten to know him better and wished I had hung out when him and his friends invited me... stupid stuff like that...am I saying ti was my fault, NO, but it does affect me and so I can understand how others get like that...

And my Fiance told me to "get over it" about 3 months after my father passed away so I guess that kind of hit close to home when i read it! Needless to say I broke up with him immediately! He really did use those exact words! And so Im sorry I got all emotional but when i read that.. it just brought back terrible memory!

I understand that, I really do, But someone i knew for 3 weeks and hung out with 2 times only committed suicide and I was upset about it for like a month. I hardly knew him, but I guess in my head I wished I had gotten to know him better and wished I had hung out when him and his friends invited me... stupid stuff like that...am I saying ti was my fault, NO, but it does affect me and so I can understand how others get like that...

And my Fiance told me to "get over it" about 3 months after my father passed away so I guess that kind of hit close to home when i read it! Needless to say I broke up with him immediately! He really did use those exact words! And so Im sorry I got all emotional but when i read that.. it just brought back terrible memory!

There is still a big difference between someone you know and a player you have maybe met once or twice but we could go on forever about this. People see death in all different lights.

There is still a big difference between someone you know and a player you have maybe met once or twice but we could go on forever about this. People see death in all different lights.

I know that --- that was the point of my original post.. u seemed to be criticizing ESB when u said get over it... She sees it differently then u and as I said in the first post ... everyone feels different about it..so instead of hurting someones feelings that doesnt feel the same.. just let it go! U have different opinions on it and thats all.

wow. Powerful stuff here.

My thoughts on the matter -- they're really open. I'm not sure what to think or feel. With Heatley for some reason I don't get a selfish vibe from him. That doesn't mean that ESB should feel any happier about his playing hockey well.

You are a tough cookie ESB but I understand it. You do not feel happy for Heatley - you get no warm fuzzy seeing the man take any pleasure from any aspect of his life at this point in time. I understand completely though I may not agree.

Don's thoughts and feeling are a little more complicated. The government has decided to not make an example of the man. You want him to be punished for his crime. You want immediate and obvious evidence that Heatley has taken full responsibility. This is just a very difficult point. The Snyder family has said go out and win, shine bright enough for two since one shining star has left the earth.

Not to make it trite but two movies come to mind Saving Private Ryan is one. Heatley should go out and lead the best life in his power. What is the point in having two lost lives particularly when Heatley would be sucking down resources and giving nothing back if you slap him in jail.

Then White Squall come to mind. Giving up hockey is the very least he could do if it eases the pain of his family and friends.

If they told me their pain was eased by me becoming the star I seemed to be destined to become -- I'm not sure I could hack that kind of pressure to be frank. I think I'd cave. Jail would be the far easier choice. Because while all appearances would bespeak my life just resuming it's normal course - it woudln't be the case. My life would be changed forever. And I'd want people to hate me. Hate me so I wouldn't have to hate myself so much. Public hate could be my penance and then maybe I'd have the strength to live life the best I could --- I really don't know nor do I ever want to be in the position Heatley is in and have to find out.

So Don you think he's an immoral dunce - nothing he has done has said otherwise for you. If he is the person you'd want him to be then this would be fine with him. All the better in fact because someone would be holding him accountable. So ESB and Don keep feeling the way you feel. You need checks and balances. I personally don't want any Hallmark speeches and dedications left and right from Heatley.

Personally I deny him nothing and I give him no props - he's doing his job as best he can. Anything else going on just isn't my business.