Only 6-2

GR

Damn guys, when will you wake up and smell the coffey????

How many games will it take for you guys to see that the Devils aren't a solid team?? Wait 15 more games? Wait till the Devils are 7-13 and then do something about it??

Jesus, if we see a problem now, FIX IT NOW. These points are hard to make up come March, we need these early points so we won't have to hope and pray we will make the playoffs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Off topic post)

Jerry, actually I thought the Jets were in trouble even after the Miami game myself, but it was still three weeks of puzzling performances before I gave up on the team :P ...then when Chad came in I figured it was a last-ditch attempt to provide a spark but even that didn't work against KC.

The only reason it didn't work was because your defense didn't hold them at the end. They should have won that game and the Browns game. You could be looking at 4-3 very easily. I guess that's why Beningo always sounds like he's ready to pull his hair out on Monday mornings :lol: . Factor in that he's also a Mets, Knicks and Rangers fan and it explains a lot.

Damn guys, when will you wake up and smell the coffey????

How many games will it take for you guys to see that the Devils aren't a solid team?? Wait 15 more games? Wait till the Devils are 7-13 and then do something about it??

Jesus, if we see a problem now, FIX IT NOW. These points are hard to make up come March, we need these early points so we won't have to hope and pray we will make the playoffs.

KD, seek counseling. Seek serious help.

what's this "WE" stuff?

are you talking about the Kings?

and please, don't EVEN tell me you are a Devils fan. :blink:

Derek, you look at things differently than I do when it comes to the Jets. They should have lost both the Browns and Chiefs games and they did, because they are a bad, poorly coached football team that can't make defensive adjustments. I am enjoying the emergence of Chad Pennington though.

The Jets were a badly coached football team last year, too, and made the playoffs because John Hall made a huge field goal and the team hardly turned over the ball.

KingDevil, you have a few screws loose. LOL!

Can you identify exactly what the problem is, KD?

I'm not saying "Not enough scoring", anyone can say that.

Specifically, the problem, and how to address it, without sounding as if it is time to panic.

I know I wouldn't be able to, even if I could see the games. No one here has said specifically what it is and how to remedy it.

Time is the best fix. Then, trades.

Derek, you look at things differently than I do when it comes to the Jets. They should have lost both the Browns and Chiefs games and they did, because they are a bad, poorly coached football team that can't make defensive adjustments. I am enjoying the emergence of Chad Pennington though.

The Jets were a badly coached football team last year, too, and made the playoffs because John Hall made a huge field goal and the team hardly turned over the ball.

LMAO... I look at them differently because it's from an outside perspective. I am a Giants fan. So, it's not much better. At least your team can move the ball now and score touchdowns :) .

The Giants offense looks like something out of prehistoric times. I'm thinking of renaming The Jim Fassel Era just "The Fossil Era."

KingDevil, you have a few screws loose. LOL!

Not touching this one.

what's this "WE" stuff?

are you talking about the Kings?

and please, don't EVEN tell me you are a Devils fan. :blink:

Please don't tell me you're smart, cause it's so obvious you're an idiot with posts like this... :rolleyes:

Can you identify exactly what the problem is, KD?

I'm not saying "Not enough scoring", anyone can say that.

Specifically, the problem, and how to address it, without sounding as if it is time to panic.

I know I wouldn't be able to, even if I could see the games. No one here has said specifically what it is and how to remedy it.

Time is the best fix. Then, trades.

The problem is...

LOU..

he made this problem right now with his bone-head ideas...

Trade Arnott, a big center that can score (which is exactly what we're lacking), for Newy ( a great player, but not what the Devils need).

Newy is old, he obviously lost his scoring talent since coming to NJ. The one goal he did score what a "stuff it goal". Where is his great wrist shot? other then in the chest of the goalie..

Langenbrunner can't score for Sh*T...

Friesen is good, but it looks like he tries too hard. He had a nice goal the other night, but last night against Kevin Weekes was a fluke goal.

Oleg, i see he is a defensive liablity sometimes, and A.) he doesn't shoot and always passes, B.) when he does shoot, it's wide.

*but I'm giving Jeff and Oleg a benifit of a doubt...

Stevens is old and can't skate. He doesn't throw big hits anymore..

Dano's rocket shot is out of fuel.... again

What I would do....

Trade Nieder/Zyzuin/Pando/ prospect(s)/pick(s) to a poor defensive team for a GOOD 1st/2nd line scoring foward and a 6th defenseman. The Devils need a good finisher. For the sake of Arguement, let's say Kovavelv...

I would trade Elias/Madden/Prospect/draft pick for Satan/Gratton

Then, try to trade Newy for a good, solid center. Newy is older so I'm not sure how high his trade value is right now.

But, something I would do would be...

Newy/Langenbrunner/Albelein to Calgary for...

Drury, Wright

So, that would bring in something like this...

Satan-Drury-Kovavlev

Friesen-Gratton-Gomez

Gionta/Wright-Danton-Brylin

Mckenzie-Guolla-Stevenson

Stevens-Ralfie

White-Oleg

Dano-Laukkanen (from pittsburgh)

Now, those trades would GREATLY improve improve our offense at the expense of our defense.

Satan is good for 30+ goals, Drury 20+, Kovavlev anywhere between 25-40.

Friesen and Gomez would stick together, but instead Gratton in the middle, bringing size to our second line.

Gionta-Danton-Brylin would be a great 3rd line. I like Danton, and Danton really wants to play so he'll be perfect for the 3rd line.

-----

I would hate to trade Madden, but If we must, then we must.

Elias is good, but Satan is better, NO DOUBT. :D

I love Newy, but he isn't what the Devils need.

Langenbrunner is a great 3rd liner, but the Devils already have too many.

Nieder is a great defeseman, but Ralfie will step up and will eventutally be better..

Everyone agrees Tommy should go...

I won't miss Zyzin

Bye-Bye Pando

---

Of course it would be alot more complicated in real life, but this is just for the sake of arguement.

Please don't tell me you're smart, cause it's so obvious you're an idiot with posts like this... :rolleyes:

Insanity Gallops -- you are a far better man than I am defending this a$$monkey. (S)He earns the cheap shots (s)he gets. The Kings may not but I guess we must strike where we can - it's a Devils board after all!

Tri - I think you're right Obviously scoring is an issue...and it seems it's the literal putting of the puck into the goal (Man, didn't you read one of Madd Dog's posts today :lol: ) but I can't say what the real problem is. All I know is if we had a sniper he'd probably have the same problem - this team just isn't that bad skillwise. I think they can't get mired down with analysing things like they did last year though. That's really what cost Larry his job.

Jerry/Derry (couldn't resist Derek :P ) I miss Parcells too... How can any Fassel or Edwards compare :(

he just loves to stir the pot....thats all.

Stir it all u want, never take u seriously cauz i honestly think u really are an idiot.

Wanna talk about not enough scoring?? Lets talk about losing ur top scorer and see how far ya get....

All right, that is a bull sh!t arguement...

I'll compare the Kings offense to the Devils offense... all things being equal.

That means both healthy rosters.

What happened to Allison was an unfortunate accident, and I would expect morons like you to use that as "ammo"...

PS..

I never see serious hockey comments from you other then the usually "Devils rule", "have faith", "6-2-0-0". comments. Atleast I acctutally talk objective hockey, or maybe you're too afraid to get ridiculed.

Anymore "intellegent" comments RD?? :rolleyes:

Sometimes, you really go too far. What is your problem anyway? Also, you mispelled intelligent.

You seem to forget where you are. You claim to be a NJ fan but act nothing like it.

It's one thing to be realistic but to be as ultranegative as you are isn't healthy. Your posts come off as cheapshots at what's supposed to be your own team.

Insanity Gallops -- you are a far better man than I am defending this a$$monkey. (S)He earns the cheap shots (s)he gets. The Kings may not but I guess we must strike where we can - it's a Devils board after all!

I would expect comments like this from you PK.

Anymore "intellegent" comments RD?? :rolleyes:

Sometimes, you really go too far. What is your problem anyway? Also, you mispelled intelligent.

You seem to forget where you are. You claim to be a NJ fan but act nothing like it.

It's one thing to be realistic but to be as ultranegative as you are isn't healthy. Your posts come off as cheapshots at what's supposed to be your own team.

My problem is that RD is a big baby and is afraid to objectivly argue with me other then taking cheap-shots at the Kings...

Like I said 149712490710497104 times..

if i wasn't a Devils fan, I wouldn't be on this forum

PS.

this ain't no speling bee

My problem is that RD is a big baby and is afraid to objectivly argue with me other then taking cheap-shots at the Kings...

Where did she call you an idiot? You intentionally made a wiseass comment.

Like I said 149712490710497104 times..

if i wasn't a Devils fan, I wouldn't be on this forum

You don't have to be a NJ fan to post here. I'm proof of that. But if you liked the team you claim to, why is it always negativity with you? Most people look at you as a Kings fan first. It sure comes off that way.

PS.

this ain't no speling bee

May not be but at least spell it right so you don't look bad.

just because h didnt spell a freakin word right doesnt make him an idiot

he said hes a devils fan, cant you guys just belive it??

so what if hes a kings fan, if he posted about only the devils, there would b no spice or what have you on the board, and all the posts would be the same

noone started hating the kings until they started hating KD which i find really immature

and im also getting tired of trying to keep the peace, and of sticking up for KD when i shouldnt have to

just because h didnt spell a freakin word right doesnt make him an idiot

he said hes a devils fan, cant you guys just belive it??

so what if hes a kings fan, if he posted about only the devils, there would b no spice or what have you on the board, and all the posts would be the same

noone started hating the kings until they started hating KD which i find really immature

and im also getting tired of trying to keep the peace, and of sticking up for KD when i shouldnt have to

Don't waste your time here tring to bring peace to these idiots. The only remedy is to educate them. Exercise their "asinine logic" demons......