Stars Activate Arnie

NJayDevil

Stars activate Arnott

October 30, 2002

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Dallas Stars center Jason Arnott was activated from the injured reserve list before Wednesday night's game against the Florida Panthers.

Arnott sprained an ankle Oct. 9 in Colorado and missed the Stars' next nine games.

The center has appeared in 599 career NHL games, registering 200 goals and 264 assists with 780 penalty minutes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news/ap/200210...ars-arnott.html

:D

Almo has had an amazing year thus far, no denying that, Claude has started off slowly but that's sort of expected for a 37 year old, he had a great game against the Isles last night though. He still doesn't look quite right in that Yotes jersey though... :puke:

Claude still competes very hard from what I saw the other night. He may not be what he once was but the way he plays sets a good example for his younger Coyotes' teammates.

Mogilny should have a big season with more space due to the rules. Almo looks great so far.

I wouldn't write off Arnott yet. He's coming off a subpar year by his standards but he's had a few months to grasp that he's a Star and not a Devil. Look at the talent in Dallas. Put him on a solid line and he should erupt.

Arnott has nowhere to play on the Stars.. they were 6-2-2 without him probably in part because they don't need him.

Why the Stars acquired him is beyond me.. they traded for him, so I thought, they'll stick him on right wing.. then they signed 3 right wings.

Arnott will not be a Star by March, and it's not his fault.. there's just not going to be any ice for him.

Arnott had a pretty good game last night. He was still favoring his ankle but played through it. Interesting line though - he centered Turgeon & Young. They looked pretty good for not having played together before, and I was shocked they put Turgeon at wing. But he hasn't been able to get anything going, and his ice time is way down, so I'm sure he was ready to try anything.

If that combo works out, the Stars may not need to trade any forwards.