Isn't Elias the most overrated hockey player?

overrated elias

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I think we should listen to this guy.... as a hurricane fan he certainly knows overrated!!! In the history of sports there was no more overrated team than Car in '03....fluke appearance in the finals in '02 and everyone thinks they were for real ( except me I told all of you they's miss the playoff in '03!!!)

Man that was funnt Elias overrated??? How about Overlooked??? W/ all eyes on Neids & gomer this year Patrick once again did not get his due....

Guest Devsrule

Well the devils ELIMINATED them before so that kind of evens it out.

BTW where are your teams cup rings??? lol oops i forgot.

Idiot.

Every home Canes game ever, eh? 'n you've seen Elias play a total of 3 times?

Now I'm no mathematician, but those numbers don't add up to me.

This is all too funny -- I'm starting to picture this poster as this kind of troll:

:noclue:

Elias, coming of an 81pt (82game) season, in 4 games THIS YEAR against the Canes was 1g, 2a, 3pts +3... yea Elias sucks.

Vasicek, coming of a 45pt (82game) season, in 4 games vs the Devs was 1g, 0a, 1pt +2.

Vasicek is decent; but is a 2nd line player at best... potential considered... Elias proved he can be on top with the right players... and this season proved he can get it going on his own...

Edited by aylbert

Guest Devsrule

We dont hate the canes, although they do suck, we hate you for coming on this board and making bullshet posts that dont even make sense.

Guest Devsrule

The numbers dont lie. Plus he is on a defensive minded team, so imagine what would happen if he played for an offensive team.

And you post if BS because you have no facts or proof to back it up.

What's really sad is that you opened your post with a question that you knew full well no one on this board would agree with. Especially after the season Elias has had. Doing such things on a board full of fans of the guy that your flaming is not big and is not clever.

Not only has your post absolutely no basis on fact but is insulting and rude. I fail to see why you even bothered to post. Unless you're masochistic and wanted the insults that would inevitably follow. In which case, I suggest you get your jollies else where. I'm sure there are madames who can provide the pain your after.

OK don't take this the wrong way... but does this guy remind anyone else of Stubbs as a troll? I mean he's just sounds young as all get out! But, you know stubbs has the good sense to not troll on the Devils behalf and he picked a great team to root for! Not that there's anything wrong with the 'canes :evil:

Guest Devsrule
OK don't take this the wrong way... but does this guy remind anyone else of Stubbs as a troll? I mean he's just sounds young as all get out! But, you know stubbs has the good sense to not troll on the Devils behalf and he picked a great team to root for! Not that there's anything wrong with the 'canes 

:rofl:

Put Elias on another team and he'll easily score 40 goals. Players perform differently in different systems, Elias so happens to play for a more defensive system. I'd say put him on the Canes and he'd easily score more, but I don't even know if that's the case, because well, the Canes stink right now :P

I don't even understand how Elias COULD be OVERrated, he's hardly known throughout the league as a "star". If anything, the only time the entire league knew of his name was during 99-00/00-01 in his A-Line stint, and even at that, he was known more for the gimmick of the A-Line than his actual play.

Elias is an underrated player, and I wouldn't understand how you wouldn't want him on your team. He's not even in his prime yet, he'll only become a better player in the coming years, and while I never think he'll achieve the status of players like Naslund, Sundin (who IMO is a bit overrated himself), or Jagr, he'll always be a player every fan DREAMS to have on their team while tearing up the ice, making beautiful plays and netting those fantastic goals at the right moments to put his team on top.

Elias is one of the best players on the Devils, if not in the entire LEAGUE.

Moving on...

We dont hate the canes, although they do suck, we hate you for coming on this board and making bullshet posts that dont even make sense.

Well, it was a slow day, he gave us something to do. And as for his comment about not believing that Elias is a star, meh, he's entitled to his opinion. The fact that Elias has been on the NHL First All-Star team before (that's the one that is voted on at the end of the year, not the popularity contest in the middle of the year) says something different. And as for him being a product of Gomez, well, Gomez makes some beautiful passes, it's true. But Elias still has to be able to finish them. And he put in what, 38 of them this year which is only 3 off the pace of the leading goal-scorer. So, you see, you are entitled to your opinion. It is, after all, a free country. You are just wrong.

Isn't Patrik Elias the most ovverated player in the NHL right now. I'll tell you, I'm a Hurricanes fan, and Josef Vasichek is a better player then Elias will ever be. If it weren't for Gomez (who is half of Jeff O'Neill), Elias would be in the AHL. His shot is also overrated, not nearly as good as Cole's. Elias was just lucky this season, it was his only good season. Just wait until next year when he'll be a nobody again.

Josef Vasicek????? :rofl:

O man, that was the hardest I've laughed in a while. Elias is a was selected to the all-star game twice and deserved the nod again this year especially over Roberts, and your trying to argue that Josef Vasicek (Thats how you really spell his name for those of us who aren't stupid) is better than him? If anything Elias is vastly underrated. He is a rare combination of offensive skill and defensive awareness. Only one player currently on the Canes roster even has the potential to be as good as him and thats Eric Staal.

BTW who did the Canes eliminate the last two years?

Josef Vasicek is fats, has a great wrist shot, great hands. His only flaw is defense, but most European snipers are like that

Hmm well Patrik's hands aren't exactly made of stone, his wrist shot is no slouch either. Then again, he is also very competent defensively. Vasicek compared to Elias is nobody.

Josef Vasicek is fats, has a great wrist shot, great hands. His only flaw is defense, but most European snipers are like that

Sorry that he is fat.. but we cant help... go talk to him if it bothers u!