2015 World Junior Championship

thefiestygoat

This year's tournament will take place in Montreal and Toronto from Dec. 26 - Jan. 5. NHL Network will be broadcasting the games in the US. Here is their live broadcast schedule and here is one with the tape-delayed games mixed in. Here is the WJC home page.

Group A: Finland, Canada, United States, Slovakia, Germany
Group B: Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Denmark

Hockey Prospectus has this preview which highlights a drafted and undrafted player from each team. Future Considerations has this article on the draft eligibles in the tournament.

This year's tournament will take place in Montreal and Toronto from Dec. 26 - Jan. 5. NHL Network will be broadcasting the games in the US. Here is their live broadcast schedule and here is one with the tape-delayed games mixed in. Here is the WJC home page.

Group A: Finland, Canada, United States, Slovakia, Germany

Group B: Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Denmark

Hockey Prospectus has this preview which highlights a drafted and undrafted player from each team. Future Considerations has this article on the draft eligibles in the tournament.

Thanks for the info. Who made it from the Devils prospects and what country?

I read they just took the pins put of Santini's wrist this past Monday

Even if he's cleared to play, I gotta imagine that wrist won't be as strong as it was before after a couple months I think he was out. Also, he's just had the pins removed 3 days ago and the tournament starts tomorrow. I'm not familiar with sports injuries and the physical therapy used to treat them., but that's not a lot of time to regain the strength and flexibility in the joint unless he was allowed to do rehab with the pins in.

Even if he's cleared to play, I gotta imagine that wrist won't be as strong as it was before after a couple months I think he was out. Also, he's just had the pins removed 3 days ago and the tournament starts tomorrow. I'm not familiar with sports injuries and the physical therapy used to treat them., but that's not a lot of time to regain the strength and flexibility in the joint unless he was allowed to do rehab with the pins in.

I will be surprised if he makes the cut because of the weakness of the wrist.

also, not gonna lie - i really like the team canada jerseys tonight (12/26). and since they're devils colors, wouldn't mind co-opting - if of course the devils would have another jersey besides the two (and throwback) they have.

Fans have tried to push for it but the team has quashed it numerous times.

I thought Miles Wood looked decent in the limited ice time he got. I assume he's still the extra skater as he was bounced around from line to line, taking shifts with Eichel and then with Compher. His best attribute seems to be his skating and that's one of, if not the most important skill in a hockey player. Guys don't usually become much better skaters by the time they get to the pros, but if they can get the right areas quickly, you can teach them defense and they'll have a good chance to be a NHL player.

Every year im fvcking bummed to think of the team canada could have if there wouldnt be a bunch of guys staying in the NHL

What are you complaining about? Every year Canada has a powerhouse team. If NHL teams let the guys you want go to the WJC, it would be like cheering for a team of adults playing against 8 year olds. It'd be no real victory when you're THAT much better than every other team.

Edited by ATLL765

Day 1 Scores
Russia defeated Denmark 3-2 (SO)
USA defeated Finland 2-1 (SO)
Sweden defeated Czech Republic 5-2
Canada defeated Slovakia 8-0

I thought Miles Wood looked decent in the limited ice time he got. I assume he's still the extra skater as he was bounced around from line to line, taking shifts with Eichel and then with Compher. His best attribute seems to be his skating and that's one of, if not the most important skill in a hockey player. Guys don't usually become much better skaters by the time they get to the pros, but if they can get the right areas quickly, you can teach them defense and they'll have a good chance to be a NHL player.

It seemed like Wood started out as 4LW before being moved to the extra forward position. No big deal though, he seemed like he belonged in his limited time which is a welcome sight now that he's facing real competition. I see he's now listed at 6'1, 194 so he seems to be filling out nicely. As you mentioned his skating seems strong.