New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

Oh well...can't ask for more out of Gilmartin and Stauffer than what they gave.  Terrific job by both to provide innings. 

Yea great job by them. Mets have checked out on the regular season. I think they're bored to be honest

They still have home field destiny in their own hands.  It will take another loss and two Dodger wins in a row (including today) before they give that up and need help. 

They're not good enough to check out on the remainder of the season...not like they've been there before.  Most of them haven't.  I don't know if home field matters to them, but they may now need to sweep the Nats to earn it. 

I don't trust the Nats to play clean baseball. I know theyre not the Phils but I save Murphy Duda and Cespedes. I hope deGrom and the other 2 have very short outings

Hold on, when was it exactly when the Phils haven't played clean baseball? Was it when Papelbon threw at Machado's head twice? Was it when Robles quick pitched at Rupp's head? You must be talking about when Herrera got hit with an ENTIRELY unjustified retaliatory pitch, and said nothing and played the game.

You're lucky Pap's gone. He probably would've tried to hurt Cespedes and then gotten in his face about how quick he was getting to first.

The Mets have 5 starters throwing in the upper 90s I hardly think the Phillies want to start that war...  Robles did nothing wrong with the quick-ptich.  The only time sh!t like that is a problem is when your team sucks and you have nothing else to live for.  Otherwise, you get your ass in the box and you be a hitter.  Last night, Robles was attempting to throw a slider and the ball spun out of his hand instead of rotating properly with the snap.  They should the replay multiple times.  He was throwing a slider.  Granted, usually that type of thing happens to kids in youth baseball and not in the major leagues but that's another issue.

What Papelbon does is bound to get a teammate hurt.  I don't see much of a market left for him anway.  Maybe back in Boston...

You must be talking about when Herrera got hit with an ENTIRELY unjustified retaliatory pitch, and said nothing and played the game.

lol the fact he said nothing tells you right there he knew it was coming after TWO Met hit batters, and that's the way baseball works.  It was completely justified, the Phillies started getting chippy the last series at CBP too.

The Mets have 5 starters throwing in the upper 90s I hardly think the Phillies want to start that war...  Robles did nothing wrong with the quick-ptich.  The only time sh!t like that is a problem is when your team sucks and you have nothing else to live for.  Otherwise, you get your ass in the box and you be a hitter.  Last night, Robles was attempting to throw a slider and the ball spun out of his hand instead of rotating properly with the snap.  They should the replay multiple times.  He was throwing a slider.  Granted, usually that type of thing happens to kids in youth baseball and not in the major leagues but that's another issue.

What Papelbon does is bound to get a teammate hurt.  I don't see much of a market left for him anway.  Maybe back in Boston...

Everyone in the game is involved in constant discourse about how the game is played and the unwritten rules of baseball. If it's something you only concern yourself with when your team is sh!t, you probably don't respect the game very much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Papelbon land in Oakland next season or the one after. A pretty typical Billy Beane project.

Oh well...Mets still have home-field destiny in their hands, but barely.  It's mildly disappointing, but at least it's still theirs for the taking (for now).  But it's clear that they're not all in on that anyway...yesterday was proof of that.  It would be nice to have it, but if TC and others feel like the Mets are better served by trying to rest certain players, I can't really quibble about it.

sh!t, backs are tricky and Mets in generally never heal in time. Am I terrified of Colon in game 4? No not really...I mean if it's good Bartolo then we can pretty much expect a quality start, but I'd still rather it be Matz the lefty against someone like Adrian Gonzalez and Utley.

Still game 4 is a ways off (if it even gets there)

Uribe out sucks. I love him as a power bat off the bench.

Mets playing a split DH tomorrow

And worse news, the minor Matz back injury isn't getting better so now it's likely Colon pitches Game 4. Uribe probably out for the first round too.

Yikes.  It's feeling more and more like the Mets aren't getting out of the first round (though '7' is right, good Colon can definitely keep you in the game for 6-8 innings).  If they do, even though Sandy went pretty much all-in, I'd have to consider anything after a first-round win playing with house money. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If I just go by feel...it sort of feels like this year is a year too early for the Mets, and 2015 is the year for the Dodgers to finally break through and make their first World Series since 1988. Too many guys on that squad that kill us (Adrian Gonzalez...Utley and Rollins) Justin Turner with the revenge factor. Greinke and Kershaw. Kershaw will be murder against us.

Unless the Mets go in just fast and loose with no pressure, then sure they can do it, and unless something drastic happens in the next week (like Kershaw putting his left hand in a blender) then I have to say Dodgers in 4.

Mets CAN win it. But not with a lot of luck. I mean we're going to have to gut out like a 2-1 win over Kershaw with the Dodgers kicking the ball around. Really it has to be the reverse of 1988 with every little break going TO us rather than against us as it did that year.

Edited by '7'

Sure, I agree, they CAN win, but only if deGrom, Harvey, and Syndergaard all pitch to the very top of their games.  Otherwise yeah, think the Mets lose in three or four. 

Everyone in the game is involved in constant discourse about how the game is played and the unwritten rules of baseball. If it's something you only concern yourself with when your team is sh!t, you probably don't respect the game very much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Papelbon land in Oakland next season or the one after. A pretty typical Billy Beane project.

This type of sh!t happens all the time and the only time it's a big deal is when someone makes a big deal about it.  The phillies are mired in a long season and that is why they reacted the way they did.  They're not in a good place as a team.  So... something petty like a quick pitch is an issue.  Familia does the same sh!t all the time.  Not one time has anyone ever had sh!t to say about him doing it. 

In order for the Mets to win the series our pitchers have to match Greinke and Kershaw pitch for pitch.  That's a freaking humoungus order.  The way they have pitched lately it doesn't seem like we have a shot in hell... But, that's why they play the games.

These guys seem to be getting less and less clutch as the playoffs approach.

These guys seem to be getting less and less clutch as the playoffs approach.

It's a legit hitting slump, though to be fair Murph crushed a ball the den Dekker made an ice play on and Wright hit a legit HR that the wind not only knocked down but blew foul (ball was smoked off his bat)

Syndergaard just brilliant thus far

The above is fair, but outside the massacre in Cincinnati, the offense has been iffy lately. Murph is really one of the only exceptions.

Hope the Nats don't look to retaliate after that one.

And that's game over.

Sucks for Noah, guy pitched a brilliant ballgame. Hell of a rookie campaign overall.