GDT #41: NJ @ MTL

Derlique

9 hours ago, Triumph said:

Best forward tonight was probably Bobby Farnham which says it all.  

Devils scored 92 goals in the first half of the season, I'd be surprised if they matched that total in the 2nd half.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if they scored less than 80.

Yeah, sadly it took some guys to be on or near career-best paces just to get to 92.

Devils now 10-10-4 in their last 24 (not surprising, as long as Schneider is playing well and is healthy I figure this is about the pace they'll set for the rest of the season, maybe a bit below that if the rest of the slop doesn't start scoring some goals).  But they've scored just 50 goals in those 24 games, and yeah, it's really hard to see them improving on that, especially with Cammalleri starting to miss his usual amount of games.  There's been some nice individual performances offensively (we know who they are, it's a short list), but yeah, if that crowd can't keep it up, the Devils could average less than two GPG the rest of the way quite easily.  The "Big Four" have combined for 54 goals...the lousy pace set by the rest (38 G in 41 GP) is showing no signs of improving. 

7 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Seriously - Gelinas needs to either be moved, or permanently scratched.

I'm over his shot, and he brings literally nothing else to the table.

Not sure what they should do with him.  What sucks is that he's not really a kid anymore...he'll be 25 in May.  I think he's still got to get some kind of leash this season, even if he doesn't necessarily deserve it (it sucks for guys like Cory, but it was never about making a playoff push this year...that 10-3-0 surge early in the season probably pushed hope and expectations to an unfair level), but it's looking more and more like he might never figure it out.  I'm still hopeful for Severson, but not nearly as much with Gelinas.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976