The Elusive 5-game Win Streak

Neb00rs

The Devils last had a five-game win streak from Feb. 3rd - Feb. 10, 2013. That time we won our fifth game against Pittsburgh. Right now the Devils are on a 4-game win streak, could this be it? The opponent for the attempt is Pittsburgh again.

I figure if the Devils lose next game, this thread can continue on in its search for those 5 connected wins.

Screenshot (10).png

I remember that streak...that propelled the Devils to 8-1-3 to start the truncated 2013 campaign, and I remember a lot of people being Cup-hopeful at the time (and based off 2012-13, who could blame them)?  And then it all started falling apart pretty quickly.  

I was posting about winning streaks last month, and every time I brought it up we failed...so Im keeping shut on this

all I will say is that every time we start to write these guys off they rebound, ,,, its an interesting roller coaster ride... not sure what happens but as a jets fan just missing the POs is the worst possible scenario

Edited by EdgeControl

23 hours ago, Dev in Roch said:

It'd be a nice send off into the break 

I'm kind of pissed that there's a break now. We're playing with some great momentum, wish we could've rattled off a few more games this week.

One whole week off, we'll have to show up 8 days from now and start at square one.

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

I'm kind of pissed that there's a break now. We're playing with some great momentum, wish we could've rattled off a few more games this week.

One whole week off, we'll have to show up 8 days from now and start at square one.

Thats right but all teams will so it's kind of the same

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thats right but all teams will so it's kind of the same

Agreed, but it's just unfortunate that the ASG break is breaking into our first really sustained winning streak of the season (4 games, could be 5 tomorrow; although Penguins are on a roll too). Nothing to blame that on really, just an unfortunate circumstance for teams like us and the Pens.

By contrast, the break is putting a bookend on what's been a pretty bad January for the Rangers (and Montreal, right behind us in the Wild Card). 

Their mentality next Tuesday at The Rock will be "clean slate", while the Devils' will be "let's try and get back to where we were at a week ago"; the players will have had 4-5 days off, so let's hope they come back ready to take on the rest of the season in the right mindset.

5 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

Agreed, but it's just unfortunate that the ASG break is breaking into our first really sustained winning streak of the season (4 games, could be 5 tomorrow; although Penguins are on a roll too). Nothing to blame that on really, just an unfortunate circumstance for teams like us and the Pens.

By contrast, the break is putting a bookend on what's been a pretty bad January for the Rangers (and Montreal, right behind us in the Wild Card). 

Their mentality next Tuesday at The Rock will be "clean slate", while the Devils' will be "let's try and get back to where we were at a week ago"; the players will have had 4-5 days off, so let's hope they come back ready to take on the rest of the season in the right mindset.

Looking at the standings... there's 34 games left.. quite a lot... but were right there... so it's really not impossible that we make it lol which is hilarious honestly

I don't mind not hitting the 5-game win streak. You can't win them all, you have to lose some time.

What pisses me off is the standings. Saturday's Canucks-Penguins game, with the Canucks up 3-1 middle of the the 3rd period, should've never ended with Pens getting 2 points. I hate that piece of sh!t, gutless, no-heart, will-never-win anything Vancouver team.