New York Mets 2017 Season Thread

NJDevs4978

Kind of amazing what a real manager can bring to the table (though to be fair it's not like the Cubbies have been lighting it up this year).

Of course Doofus drove in a run in Garbage Time off some nothing reliever...that's SO him.  Just hope his respectable numbers fool someone into thinking he'll actually help them. 

And I'm sorry, but with Cabrera now on the DL, if Jose "Nine Lives" Reyes is going to be the everyday SS until Cabrera can return...then just stop the charade at this point Sandy...for once, have the slightest bit of respect for the Met fanbase that actually dedicates time to watching this franchise sh!t its own bed time and time again, and finally admit that you're not doing everything in your power to try to salvage 2017.  Exactly how many fvcking undeserved chances does a loser like Reyes get before you finally realize that he's just not any good?   

I think he should go to Vegas myself.  As much as part of me thinks the Mets should keep throwing him out there, he's making zero progress.  The Mets have to stop treating him like the Dark Knight...that guy is long gone, and he ain't ever coming back.

Well say goodbye to Neil Walker for a while as another bolt from the baseball gods strike. Wonderful. So we'll be going into a huge Nats series with probably no Conforto, Cespedes, or Walker (or Cabrera but who cares about him)

gotta love this teams luck.

Edited by '7'

Fire Warthen.  

And the useless training and conditioning staff.  These fvckers can't even run to first base.  Complete joke.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Well it's over for Harvey in 2017. I'm not sure if he'll ever regain his old form, or any semblance of a competent pitcher. The surgery he went through was pretty unusual and maybe our expectations are too high. What hasn't helped is his personality and bad behavior during the whole Adriana Lima fiasco.

Harvey can't take the mound for this team again. He is an ABOMINABLE DISGRACE as an MLB pitcher right now.

51 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's pathetic and sad with Harvey. Really he shouldnt be allowed to take the mound anymore. Once Syndergaard returns Harvey needs to be phantom DL'd. It's not happening for him. It may never.

Seriously how long is he going to get the 'but it's hard to come back from TOS' excuse...Wheeler's come back from two years on the shelf and been better than Harvey last night notwithstanding.

16 minutes ago, '7' said:

Well say goodbye to Neil Walker for a while as another bolt from the baseball gods strike. Wonderful. So we'll be going into a huge Nats series with probably no Conforto, Cespedes, or Walker (or Cabrera but who cares about him)

gotta love this teams luck.

The gods are trying to tell us to call up Rosario (Reyes not hitting, Walker and Cabrera hurt) but we're not listening lol

Despite themselves, this team's starting to get some on-field mojo back.  IF they ever get 3 of 4 against the Nats then maybe they can have a season again.  But still a lot of work to do, especially with how far behind they are even the second wild card.

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

Reed in for some reason in a 5 run game. Immediately gives up back to back singles.

What makes me laugh is Terry has him AND Edgin warming, and with two lefties up still brings in Reed.  Why the **** are you even warming up Edgin if there's no real scenario to bring him in?  It's this kind of thing that's the reason why relievers aren't available after one consecutive day of use, Terry has everyone warming up at all times :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

What makes me laugh is Terry has him AND Edgin warming, and with two lefties up still brings in Reed.  Why the **** are you even warming up Edgin if there's no real scenario to bring him in?  It's this kind of thing that's the reason why relievers aren't available after one consecutive day of use, Terry has everyone warming up at all times :P

Yea that made no sense at all. I understand this was a gotta have it lockdown game but some of these closers (a lot of them actually) just have no clue what to do when it's not a 3 run or less lead. And it looked like Terry sorta/kinda knew what he was doing...but then here comes Reed instead of Edgin to face the lefties who promptly single off of him.

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I think they're up to Exhibit ZZZ of examples of TC's moronic BP management, in the court case of the People vs. the Village Idiot.  It's still mind-blowing that this zilch had a job, until I factor in that he works for the Mets, and perhaps the most passive GM in the game (yes, he does make some big moves, but sometimes it almost seems like it's begrudgingly).

Rosario is having a pretty cold June overall...after last night's 0-for-4, he's hitting .241 for the month (13-for-52, with one 2B hit and 2 HR), with 2 BB and 2 HBP...good news is he hasn't K'd in his last six games (apparently Sandy and others thought that Rosario's been chasing too many bad pitches lately, so maybe this is a step in the right direction...this is cherry-picking, but he was 7-for-his-last 21 with no Ks in five games, prior to last night's 0-for).  What's kind of odd is that even with the low BA, he's only gone hitless in three games out of 13 June games...part of me wonders if it's not a case of him getting bored in AAA (as '7' suggested a while back), as much as it is him getting anxious about a potential call-up.  It also could just be nothing more than a typical slump. 

According to Boomer and Carton, Cecchini is getting called up to replace Walker...I'm actually good with this, in that it can't hurt to find out if Cecchini is capable of being in the mix next season for second base, especially from a fielding standpoint...with this latest injury, no way should the Mets sign Walker...a shame, because when he's healthy, he's good, but Mets need to start finding some guys who can actually stay on the fvcking field. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Cecchini hasn't exactly torn up Vegas this year. He's about 23, so youngish but not a baby in terms of baseball years. At the age you're supposed to make that full time transition to the pros, and yet here he is with a poor .240s average coming off a .325 season. Curious to see what he can bring to the table though.

Still nothing on Walker. Sure looked like he blew that thing out through.

The team that will go out and try to grab that brass ring is the Nats. They will be out there and they will aggressively try to improve their team, and especially their pen. Meanwhile we try to breath life into the corpse of Daniel Bard or whatever other forgotten castoff Sandy digs up.

Edited by '7'

Jesus H can this team figure out how to get opposing pitchers out?!  Dammit all...

I know Duda had a big knock last night (off a second-rate reliever of course), but if he does a little as I expect of him in this series, that's just going to be so him.  Just one of those guys you never think is going to get it done...man have the Mets had a lot of those guys through the years.  

Nobody on this infield has any range. The Nats can hit the ball but it's not helping Gsellman when literally everybody can't move an inch to there left and right. Just now with Murphy. Give me a break Duda what a joke. Move to your right and get the damn ball.

Earlier with Lagares...you have to get that ball. The heck was TJ Rivera doing in short center with Lagares in center?

And Duda the Loser can't make a key play in the field.  Of course.  Keep letting losers hang around, and this is what happens in big games.  Game over.  Mets will be very lucky to split.  

Imagine an ownership and GM that actually gives a damn.  I can't.