2019 New York Mets Season Thread

'7'

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think I hate Cano even more now.

Though the Mets’ “Are you my pal?” manager made it clear that he was never going to hold Cano to any real standard.  

Will anyone, as long as Cano's agent is running the team?

Is ANYONE going to hold fvcking Cano accountable for anything EVER?!  Was it the scoreboard's fault this time Robinson?  Goddamn this guy might actually be more cancerous than Bobby Bonilla. 

Hey Mickey, can you stop wanting to be everyone's buddy long enough to actually do SOMETHING?!  Cano should've been taken out of the fvcking game right then and there. 

A fine fine trade you made there Brodie.  You're just as much of an imcompetent buffoon as Jeffy and the manager.  No chance, no hope. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Once again we're watching a promising start turn to pure and total sh!t under the guidance of the meek and pathetic Mickey Callaway. This isn't some 100 win juggernaut but they damn well should be better than this right now. A sweep (and 3 total hits in TWO GAMES) at the hands of the Marlins is humiliating. It's spineless, gutless baseball.

To take a step back, yea there's 110+ games to go, the division is all there for the taking. But for the love of god turn it around NOW. They've taken it as far as they can at 20-25. Need to rattle off 10 of 12 or something like that

oh wait. Gagnon vs. Corbin tonight. 20-26 coming right up

Edited by '7'

And a Marlins team that was what, 10-31 before the series? That’s ‘62 Mets pacing. And you let THAT team sweep you? If they aren’t going to change the manager they darn well better do something to open up some eyes and let people know this is unacceptable.

The Mets actually now have a GM that holds people even LESS accountable than friggin' Sandy did.  Mickey shouldn't have even been allowed back on the plane...yet somehow this complete zilch with that Gomer Pyle accent still has a job.

Gio and Boomer were on a roll this morning...and sadly they're 100% dead-on, in that Jeffy and Brodie won't go out and try to bring in Girardi or Showalter (who might actually make a difference)...it'll be friggin' Riggleman, despite the fact that in two prior "interim manager" gigs, that his taking over made no real difference, as far as W-L goes.  A guy who will probably be a yes man to Jeffy and Brodie.

Something else that's an even bigger issue, that probably has NO solution...the Mets have a bona-fide cancer in the lockerroom right now in Cano.  This guy is a serious fvcking problem...he is going to go down as perhaps the most toxic and poisonous Met ever.  And even worse, because he's one of Brodie's boys (NOTE:  Never ever EVER hire a fvcking agent to be a GM), Cano is apparently un-fvcking-touchable.  This whole scenario is such an incredibly mind-blowing dumpster fire...I don't know how the Mets continue to set the bar for reaching new lows, but goddamn, they find a way damned near every season.  I've never seen anything like it. 

Welp never a dull day in Metland:

1. Lugo (arguably one of the five most valuable Mets atm) to the IL, Hector Santiago called up to replace him.
  2. Cespedes (remember him?) apparently fractured his ankle in an accident on his ranch, so I guess it's cya in 2020 - maybe.
  3. Starting pitcher switched tonight from Gagnon to Font, for what that's worth
  4. Cano finally 'benched' against a lefty
  5. And finally Brodie's scheduled press conference delayed because he's supposedly meeting with some players (re: his clients? :lol:)

All this...in one day.  You'd think the Mets were the federal government.  Or the Jets.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Cespedes? WHAT IN THE HELL?

That's it. How STUPID can this guy be putting himself in a position where he can even have a violent fall? The hell is he doing on his god damn ranch anyway.

I think this is it for him. He's played his last game as a Met

Well that’s what Cespedes really wanted...not having to play baseball.  He’s probably loving this, pain or no pain.

BVW with more agent and used car salesman speak.  Mets are not winning anything with the Wilpons owning the team.  I actually thought there was a slight chance that they could somehow be overcome, even if only for a single season...but they can’t.  This latest regime of meddling Jeffy, BS spewer BVW and dimwitted hick Callaway will never succeed.  Nothing good is coming from them.

Well it has to start somewhere. A win in a Font vs. Corbin start feels like a bonus. Frazier got a few hits. Cano hit a double and hustled. Alonso with another bomb. Hopefully this leads to something...

I can’t begin to take this team until they get to a few games over .500.  It’s impossible.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

What is a "non-horse injury"? Asking for a very concerned friend... 

Just count your blessings that you’re not a Mets fan...

a non-horse injury. The Mets just can't go 5 minutes without embarrassing themselves. 

Something is fishy about what's happening here. He just stepped in a hole and busted up his ankle? Really? Was he sober. Was it "horseplay?" Was he in a confrontation with somebody?

Edited by '7'

1 hour ago, '7' said:

a non-horse injury. The Mets just can't go 5 minutes without embarrassing themselves. 

Something is fishy about what's happening here. He just stepped in a hole and busted up his ankle? Really? Was he sober. Was it "horseplay?" Was he in a confrontation with somebody?

Maybe he was in a confrontation with the horse....

• Like 1

Not that we had anything special brewing in the pen but Mickey pushed and pushed with Wheeler (who was doing well) and mister 0 for his last 100000 against us annihilates a hanger to win the game

Edited by '7'

And it's interesting they mentioned Scioscia was the last guy to take such an epic O-fer against us from 1986-1988. And of course it was Scioscia who delivered that fatal blow in the NLCS. 

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

Not that we had anything special brewing in the pen but Mickey pushed and pushed with Wheeler (who was doing well) and mister 0 for his last 100000 against us annihilates a hanger to win the game

And you just know the Mets will go down with barely a whimper from here on out.  

And Gómez is reminding us that for much of his career he was a pretty lousy hitter.  But not like the Mets had a ton of outfield options, for Gómez to even be an option to begin with.  

And wow is the Nats’ pen just a complete disaster.  The game is never over when they’re entrusted to finish out a game.  Just wow.

Well color me surprised. JD Davis with a home run that frankly...off the bat really proves the ball is juiced. I mean from the outfield cam that ball off the bat in previous years is at best a ground rule double

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And wow is the Nats’ pen just a complete disaster.  The game is never over when they’re entrusted to finish out a game.  Just wow.

They showed them like in the 6's for pen era which is just unfathomable. I don't think another MLB team is over 6 for pen era

I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a Nats fan...that pen is a whole higher level of awful.  Reminds me a little of the pen that helped seal Collapse #2 a while back...when Luis Ayala was trying to play closer.

• Like 1

Oh no...the $30 million disaster immediately coughs it up with help from the Mets sh!t defense.  Because of course they do.  

Guess Callaway still hasn’t figured out that Familia flat-out sucks now.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976