2019 Offseason Thread

Daniel

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Kariya: 989 games, 402G, 587A, 989P

Elias: 1240 games, 408G, 617A, 1025P

Virtually the same stats but Kariya played 250 games less because of concussion issues (Scott Stevens). 

Not saying Patty shouldn’t be in, but Kariya was exactly a PPG player and he belongs in the Hall. 54 players have averaged a point per game in their career with a minimum of 500 points. Looks to me like most of them, save for the active guys and Jagr, are in the Hall. I only see one I know for sure is not. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-per-game-leaders.html

So Patty gets punished just 'cause Kariya played less games?

Yes, I agree that Kariya is a PPG player as well. 

But Elias winning 2 Cups(and being instrumental in them, instead of being a passenger like a Ray Bourque) should put him on Even footing in comparison with Paul "PPG" Kariya....or even slightly more.

Edited by glenwo2

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So Patty gets punished just 'cause Kariya played less games?

Yes, I agree that Kariya is a PPG player as well. 

But Elias winning 2 Cups(and being instrumental in them, instead of being a passenger like a Ray Bourque) should put him on Even footing in comparison with Paul "PPG" Kariya....or even slightly more.

No, one has nothing to do with the other. Nobody got “punished”. It’s just facts. 

I’m glad you “agree” he’s a PPG player, because that’s just a fact. Do you also agree that monkeys eat bananas and that the earth is round?

The point is, Kariya is one of only a handful of guys to be a PPG guy. He is worthy of the Hall. There’s a reason he got in on the first shot.

Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No, one has nothing to do with the other. Nobody got “punished”. It’s just facts. 

I’m glad you “agree” he’s a PPG player, because that’s just a fact. Do you also agree that monkeys eat bananas and that the earth is round?

The point is, Kariya is one of only a handful of guys to be a PPG guy. He is worthy of the Hall. There’s a reason he got in on the first shot.

Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame. 

bravo kind sir.

I "agree" the sun is hot.

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I believe that monkeys eat a lot of things.

And the earth is as round as Kessel's stomach.

And you just contradicted yourself, I think. 

You basically said Patty is not worthy of getting into the Hall on the first shot  YET in the same post, you say it's a shame that he missed THIS year(with how Weak it is) when it is his first shot at getting in.  

spacer.png

(so which is it?) 

Edited by glenwo2

6 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You said Patty is not worth of getting into the Hall on the first shot  YET you say it's a shame that he missed THIS year when it is his first shot at getting in.   (so which is it?) 

I didn't say that. I actually said the opposite. Reading is fundamental my man. 

I just disagreed with Nicomo’s point. Kariya getting in on the first ballot doesn’t mean Elias should have. The fact that he was up against Guy fvcking Carbonneau does. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't say that. I actually said the opposite. Reading is fundamental my man. 

My reading abilities are just fine, thank you.  :glare:

1.) You said the HOF Class is WEAK this year

2.) You lament that Patty won't be selected despite that

3.) You do say that Kariya deserved to be a first-balloter(which I agree, despite your sarcasm)

Here is your exact quote :

" Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame.  "

Where did you say the OPPOSITE? 

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Kariya: 989 games, 402G, 587A, 989P

Elias: 1240 games, 408G, 617A, 1025P

Virtually the same stats but Kariya played 250 games less because of concussion issues (Scott Stevens). 

Not saying Patty shouldn’t be in, but Kariya was exactly a PPG player and he belongs in the Hall. 54 players have averaged a point per game in their career with a minimum of 500 points. Looks to me like most of them, save for the active guys and Jagr, are in the Hall. I only see one I know for sure is not. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-per-game-leaders.html

I literally said I was NOT saying what you think I said. 

Edited by mfitz804

9 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Here is your exact quote :

" Patty is not. He is worthy of the Hall. The fact that he missed THIS year, weak as it was, is a shame.  "

Which part did you disagree with? That he is not a PPG player, that he missed the Hall, or that it’s a shame?

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Which part did you disagree with? That he is not a POG player, that he missed the Hall, or that it’s a shame?

My point was that you contradicted yourself.

But since you're asking me, I'm going to say it's a shame he will miss out....BUT he is not a PPG player like Kariya was so I understand the possible reasoning for him not being selected.   

Traditionally, only truly elite players get first-balloted...although as you pointed out(I think you pointed this out) the HOF has slowly turned into a Hall of Semi-Fame or Very Good players(was that you or someone else?)..

EDIT : So glad I quoted this before you put up that pointless youtube vid.   :rolling:

Edited by glenwo2

Just now, glenwo2 said:

My point was that you contradicted yourself.

But since you're asking me, I'm going to say it's a shame he will miss out....BUT he is not a PPG player like Kariya was so I understand the possible reasoning for him not being selected.   

Traditionally, only truly elite players get first-balloted...although as you pointed out(I think you pointed this out) the HOF has slowly turned into a Hall of Semi-Fame or Very Good players(was that you or someone else?)..

As noted above, I didn’t contradict myself whatsoever. You just have a hard time understanding things. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As noted above, I didn’t contradict myself whatsoever. You just have a hard time understanding things. 

Hey...if you want to stick your head in the sand.   Knock yourself out, man.

I know what you said and that's it.     There was nothing that showed that what you said here  was the opposite  like you claimed :

Look...the whole damn point of all this is that Elias is a HOF'er and by all rights he should be in the Hall this year, especially with how bad a crop it is this time around...but I suppose that since only first-ballot'ers have to be truly special players, he won't get the nod. 

That 's pretty much the End of story here.   

Edited by glenwo2

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Hey...if you want to stick your head in the sand.   Knock yourself out, man.

I know what you said and that's it.     There was nothing that showed that what you said here  was the opposite  like you claimed :

Look...the whole damn point of all this is that Elias is a HOF'er and by all rights he should be in the Hall this year, especially with how bad a crop it is this time around...but I suppose that since only first-ballot'ers have to be truly special players, he won't get the nod. 

That 's pretty much the End of story here.   

You don’t know what I said, even after I bolded it for you. 

Mans trying to declare an end to an argument is pretty much the biggest indication that you lost. 

Edited by mfitz804

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Yes I’m talking to you, I hate you. :) 

no, I thought that part was obvious. 

Glen, Buddy: what’s the most likely scenario here? All of the regulars here argue with you because we’re all arseholes, or maybe you aren’t as smart as you think you are? 

spacer.png

EDIT : @MB3 , was that a rhetorical question or something or did you want an answer like above? lol

Edited by glenwo2

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Let’s settle it this way; go back and quote the post where I said Patty didn’t deserve to get in on the first ballot, and then bold the specific part where I wrote that. I’ll wait here. 

Okay.   Let me repost this part then :

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I believe that monkeys eat a lot of things.

And the earth is as round as Kessel's stomach.

And you just contradicted yourself, I think. 

You basically said Patty is not worthy of getting into the Hall on the first shot...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's what I said.     And that's what you said.    🤔

I think it's pretty clear.  

(good thing you didn't have to wait long, huh? ;) )

Edited by glenwo2

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Read it, that should be enough to enlighten you. What does it mean?

Patty is not a PPG player.   I think we already established that. 

But you also said it is a reason why he (Kariya) got in on the first shot while Patrik didn't(or rather won't).     So you are saying that because Elias isn't a PPG player, he is not getting into the Hall. 

What is the point of all this?

(now go ahead and insult me some more with "hurr hurr...2nd grade reading level....hurr..hurr" garbage)

And yes, @MB3, everyone here is an ahole(like you said)....but I never came here pretending that I know more than anyone else.    THAT is a post no one will ever find 'cause it doesn't exist.   (sure I don't think things through at times but that doesn't mean I say "Oh! I know more than you!  You are dumb and I am smart)

Edited by glenwo2

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Patty is not a PPG player.   I think we already established that. 

But you also said it is a reason why he (Kariya) got in on the first shot while Patrik didn't(or rather won't).     So you are saying that because Elias isn't a PPG player, he is not getting into the Hall. 

What is the point of all this?

(now go ahead and insult me some more with "hurr hurr...2nd grade reading level....hurr..hurr" garbage)

And yes, @MB3, everyone here is an ahole(like you said)....but I never came here pretending that I know more than anyone else.    THAT is a post no one will ever find 'cause it doesn't exist.

Where’s the part that I said Patty didn’t get in because he’s not a PPG player? It doesn’t exist. In reality, which is a place you don’t seem to reside, I said once that I was specifically NOT saying he shouldn’t be in, and a second time that it was a shame he didn’t get in, given the weak class this year. 

You shouldn’t be insulted about the reading level comment, second graders should be. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Where’s the part that I said Patty didn’t get in because he’s not a PPG player? It doesn’t exist.

spacer.png

I'm done.    

Going to post in other threads about Devils hockey instead of wasting my time going around in circles with you. 

Just now, njbuff said:

Joonas Donskoi has been suggested as an under-the-radar signing for the Devils.

This would be a pretty good signing for a third liner.

The third line would be pretty darn good with Coleman, Zacha and Donskoi.

So I guess Zajac would be pushed down to the 4th line then.