21-22 Tickets and Prudential Center Discussion Thread

Satans Hockey

12 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Barely 13,000 fans for a New Year's Eve Friday afternoon game is a bad sign going forward.  I get not everyone had off but I'm sure a lot of people did, or could get off easily.

Don’t underestimate the Covid spike. I would’ve gone today if not for that.

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Oh I absolutely get it...it's a tsunami of reasons for attendance to be down.  Bad team (which let's face it is no different than any other year in the last several), COVID spike and the new protocols at the arena.  I'm sure all of the above kept ticket sales down but usually the first post-Christmas home game - and a holiday afternoon one at that - is a sure sellout in spite of the Devils' overpricing so it's noteworthy this was far from it.

I'd sold my tickets a while ago because I figured I had to go to work, but it was only open till noon so I could have gotten a ticket and squeezed in the game, didn't because I didn't want to watch an extra game in a mask or deal with the virus at the peak of its spread.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Same. A lot of people also don’t like to leave their house on NYE, even though the festivities don’t start until much later. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm just remembering wrong and I know the team fudges the numbers anyway but I just don't remember New Year's Eve games being an instant sellout no matter what they say or put as the attendance numbers. Hell a lot of people don't even get the day off today either. I know they won today and last game but who is using a day off to come watch this team play with the current state of how they are and everything else going on in the world.

Looked up the past games... 

2019 - 16,514

2018 - 15,722

2016 - 16,514

2013 - 16,592

2011 - 17,625

2010 - 13,492

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Anyone get an email about needing their tax information from Ticketmaster recently? I haven't sold anything in 2022 but just sold a pair of my Red Bulls tickets for a game through the Red Bulls app through ticket exchange for a game that I can't make for $50 and they sent me an email about needing my tax information. It looks legit because of new tax laws but I obviously didn't even come close to $600 so it shouldn't be an issue. Could be more of an issue with the Devils in the future if I can't make a bunch of games and a real hassle for the irs themselves considering you gotta imagine all the season ticket holders who are just selling some games cause they can't make it and just wanna make some of their money back. What a pain in the ass. 

Here's a link about these new tax laws...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Anyone get an email about needing their tax information from Ticketmaster recently? I haven't sold anything in 2022 but just sold a pair of my Red Bulls tickets for a game through the Red Bulls app through ticket exchange for a game that I can't make for $50 and they sent me an email about needing my tax information. It looks legit because of new tax laws but I obviously didn't even come close to $600 so it shouldn't be an issue. Could be more of an issue with the Devils in the future if I can't make a bunch of games and a real hassle for the irs themselves considering you gotta imagine all the season ticket holders who are just selling some games cause they can't make it and just wanna make some of their money back. What a pain in the ass. 

Here's a link about these new tax laws...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/its-going-to-get-harder-to-avoid-telling-the-irs-about-income-from-online-sales.html

It won’t be an issue tax wise assuming you didn’t turn a profit, even if you exceed $600. But you’ll have an added step of proving that on your return. 

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It won’t be an issue tax wise assuming you didn’t turn a profit, even if you exceed $600. But you’ll have an added step of proving that on your return. 

Still seems like a pain in the ass, even for them, considering how many season ticket holders there are / people who just have tickets and wanna get rid of them for a few events a year. Guess they think it's worth the time to try to get more money out of people if it's possible.