2023 New York J-E-T-S season thread

NJDevs4978

Totally erases the good feelings from the Eagles win

The team is a sloppy, stupid, helpless fraud. And undisciplined. Embarrassing loss and an abomination of a game. ABOMINATION. That's what you dare put on the field and try to pass off as football?

And that's not even talking about the field itself. Lost to some Devito nobody 

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

Speechless. I mean...a garbage performance and maybe the worst football I have EVER SEEN. But they pulled it out

and as is every Jet win...a costly one injury wise

This was anti-football at its finest.  But your team is 4-3.

Pats lost as I expected them to.  They were actually kinda competitive for a bit.

Another miracle they absolutely didn't deserve, just like the Cleveland game last year.  Hilarious as hell though...but man Daboll really set coaching back fifty years - screen passes in OT deep in your own territory?!\

And as much as I killed Saleh all game, all credit to the staff for the players actually being able to execute a spike on that long pass play in a matter of eight seconds.

And consider me not fooled by Zach, he sucked all game until the last two drives - he basically pulled a Tim Tebow, suck all game in part cause you're afraid to throw a pick then just make one or two throws at the end and have everyone jerk you off

I wanted them to put in Boyle too...funny how we both forgot about Trevor Siemian's existence

Edited by NJDevs4978

In other NFL news…maybe now the rest of the league has finally learned that Josh McDaniels is not a head coach and never has been.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In other NFL news…maybe now the rest of the league has finally learned that Josh McDaniels is not a head coach and never has been.  

How long before he’s back in NE? I can almost guarantee he’ll be the OC again next year.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

How long before he’s back in NE? I can almost guarantee he’ll be the OC again next year.

One thing for sure…plenty of guys in NE (and elsewhere) need to send Brady a lot of “Thank You” cards for making them look good for so many years.  Because quite a few of them haven’t done jack sh!t without him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing for sure…plenty of guys in NE (and elsewhere) need to send Brady a lot of “Thank You” cards for making them look good for so many years.  Because quite a few of them haven’t done jack sh!t without him.

The rising tide that was Brady lifted a lot of boats. Now that he’s retired, all those boats are beached.

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The rising tide that was Brady lifted a lot of boats. Now that he’s retired, all those boats are beached.

I know Brady isn't universally loved by any stretch, but more and more it's obvious who made who up there.  He found ways to make that offense productive whether his top receiver was Reche Caldwell, Deion Branch, or Randy Moss.  There were years where BB gave him sh!t-all to work with, or BB and Puppetricia put together defenses that would get carved up, and Brady would be able to do enough to often overcome them, sometimes damned near on his own.

Not saying that BB was a total passenger of course, because that absolutely would be unfair, but the fact is he's a much different HC without Brady to rely on year in and year out.  I think at the very least, he's finding out the hard way that it wasn't all about BB and the Patriot Way.  He had a once-in-a-lifetime incredibly special player who covered up for a hell of a lot up in Foxborough.

McDaniels is fvcking NOTHING without Brady.  NOTHING.  Neither was Puppetricia, who was damned lucky and Brady and Co's offenses were usually locks to put up 500+ points which he was the DC...he was every bit the disaster as the Lions HC that I knew he'd be. 

I want no part of McDaniels coming back, I really don't.  I don't need him to come back and continue to prove that he's yet another zilch heavily propped up by Brady.  Hey Josh, you NEVER get a HC gig (let alone THREE, though you bailed on one of them) if you don't have Brady as your QB.    

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This would be…. something.

I’m all for it.  It’s over in NE.  Just is.

50 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m all for it.  It’s over in NE.  Just is.

It actually makes all the sense in the world. It allows the Pats to move on without having to fire a franchise legend; they get picks to help them rebuild; Belichick gets a new start. Everyone wins. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

It actually makes all the sense in the world. It allows the Pats to move on without having to fire a franchise legend; they get picks to help them rebuild; Belichick gets a new start. Everyone wins. 

Sadly I have this sinking feeling that if BB does somehow move on, his replacement will be...Josh fvcking McDaniels (another one of BB's assistants who thinks he's BB himself).  I hope that I'm wrong, but if that happens, the AFC East remains a three-team battle for that much longer.  Pats will make no progress whatsoever if McDaniels becomes the HC.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sadly I have this sinking feeling that if BB does somehow move on, his replacement will be...Josh fvcking McDaniels (another one of BB's assistants who thinks he's BB himself).  I hope that I'm wrong, but if that happens, the AFC East remains a three-team battle for that much longer.  Pats will make no progress whatsoever if McDaniels becomes the HC.  

I would have no issue with that scenario playing out, and I don’t think the Jet fans will mind much either 🤣

There’s no frigging way McD gets another NFL HC job after washing out twice in less than two seasons and backing out of another job at the altar.  I think Kraft would be far more likely to promote a guy like O’Brien (who has a bit better of a HC track record with ties to Bill) than drink rotted Kool Aid

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

There’s no frigging way McD gets another NFL HC job after washing out twice in less than two seasons and backing out of another job at the altar.  I think Kraft would be far more likely to promote a guy like O’Brien (who has a bit better of a HC track record with ties to Bill) than drink rotted Kool Aid

That's what I'm hoping for.  I'd like to think Kraft is smarter than that for sure; just hoping that the Pats don't decide to bring him back due to his history there, thinking that somehow THEY'LL be the franchise to get the most out of McDaniels.