2023-24 Prudential Center & Tickets Thread

Satans Hockey

1 minute ago, bostondevil11 said:

I am going to the game Dec 1. What is the best place to grab food and beer before the game. I like fancy IPAs

Edison Ale House is pretty good. Right across from the rink. I highly recommend Mercato Tomato Pie on Market Street. Great food.

Edited by MadDog2020

• 1 month later...

Since taxes being due is only a few months away I was wondering about the new law trying to be pushed about taxes on selling tickets but thankfully it got postponed again a few months ago. I'm also sure it helps that it's an election year and they don't wanna piss people off since this new bs law really hurts a lot of people...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-delay-600-reporting-form-venmo-paypal-1099k-2024/

Edited by Satans Hockey

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like a price increase to me, they really should have something where if they miss the playoffs the prices don't go up but that's wishful thinking by me...

"Last season, the Devils beat the Rangers in a hard-fought, seven-game series in the First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Fast forward to this season, the Devils are fighting for another playoff spot, as we continue our goal of consistently competing each season for a Stanley Cup. Along with your help, the Devils have created an exciting home-ice environment as we sold out 18 home games at Prudential Center.

On Monday, February 12, 2024, we will begin our process for renewing your Devils Black and Red Membership for the 2024-25 season"

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This sounds like a price increase to me, they really should have something where if they miss the playoffs the prices don't go up but that's wishful thinking by me...

"Last season, the Devils beat the Rangers in a hard-fought, seven-game series in the First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Fast forward to this season, the Devils are fighting for another playoff spot, as we continue our goal of consistently competing each season for a Stanley Cup. Along with your help, the Devils have created an exciting home-ice environment as we sold out 18 home games at Prudential Center.

On Monday, February 12, 2024, we will begin our process for renewing your Devils Black and Red Membership for the 2024-25 season"

All I can tell you is if you don’t wanna pay it, drop your tickets. You KNOW they are gonna raise prices no matter what. It’s 2024. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

All I can tell you is if you don’t wanna pay it, drop your tickets. You KNOW they are gonna raise prices no matter what. It’s 2024. 

Would have to be an insane increase for me to ever drop, I'm not expecting it to be that much.

There should be a law that sports teams aren't allowed to raise ticket prices by more than 1% every season if they miss the playoffs. I'm going to run for president on that campaign! Lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Prices increased for people anywhere from 7% to 22%. For a team that is looking like they will miss the playoffs. 

I'm really curious to see what renewals are like because with how bad the team has been and awful at home I don't see a lot renewals, especially the people who just signed on after last season happening. 

45 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Prices increased for people anywhere from 7% to 22%. For a team that is looking like they will miss the playoffs. 

I'm really curious to see what renewals are like because with how bad the team has been and awful at home I don't see a lot renewals, especially the people who just signed on after last season happening. 

Poor timing, 22% in one sitting? Sounds ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Poor timing, 22% in one sitting? Sounds ridiculous. 

That's the highest I've seen someone say, I wonder if they did the math wrong because I don't ever recall anything remotely that bad. For the most part it seems like 7-10% for most people. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

While the team has been disappointing this season, most fans realize the direction and future are very bright and this season would be a blip. The club is actually projecting to cap season tickets over the next couple years. This year alone added 3,000 season ticket holders. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, devlman said:

While the team has been disappointing this season, most fans realize the direction and future are very bright and this season would be a blip. The club is actually projecting to cap season tickets over the next couple years. This year alone added 3,000 season ticket holders. 

I think they'll lose at least half of that, probably more, the team has been rather awful at home, might miss the playoffs.

Then when you look at the value of tickets and see the secondary market is cheaper most nights than what you spend that the pros don't outweigh the cons. I think this year is gonna leave a bad taste in a lot of first time season ticket holders mouths because of how hard it is to get just even face value back if you can't go most nights. 

In terms of off the ice they have done nothing great for the season ticket holders either. I read the autograph meet the team session wad an absolute mess. The food in the arena despite being a new vendor is actually worse and still way overpriced. They do nothing innovative, they should be putting in fan friendly concession stand pricing like Atlanta. The only even changes I've seen in the arena are new paper towel dispensers in the bathrooms and they aren't even automatic! They cheaped out on that too. It wasn't something I used but they removed the kids area to put a new store and put a bar where the old store was. Total was for me when the prices at the store and for drinks are absolutely absurd. 

Where did that projection come from that they are capping season tickets? More curious because I honestly haven't noticed any new season ticket holders near me, certainly not full season tickets because the seats around me that aren't full season ticket holders that I already know I haven't noticed repeat people in the handful of rows near me. I'm absolutely terrible with names but when you sit in the same seats every game it's easy to recognize the people around ya, especially if they go more than a few times. 

To me it seems like something the front office would pump out to inflate actual interest, especially when there is absolutely going to be a good amount of people opting out of renewing. 

This team might have a bright future but they are going to have to prove it for people to drop the amount of money that this team wants and this year has been a huge step backwards so far.

Edited by Satans Hockey

32 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think they'll lose at least half of that, probably more, the team has been rather awful at home, might miss the playoffs.

Then when you look at the value of tickets and see the secondary market is cheaper most nights than what you spend that the pros don't outweigh the cons. I think this year is gonna leave a bad taste in a lot of first time season ticket holders mouths because of how hard it is to get just even face value back if you can't go most nights. 

In terms of off the ice they have done nothing great for the season ticket holders either. I read the autograph meet the team session wad an absolute mess. The food in the arena despite being a new vendor is actually worse and still way overpriced. They do nothing innovative, they should be putting in fan friendly concession stand pricing like Atlanta. The only even changes I've seen in the arena are new paper towel dispensers in the bathrooms and they aren't even automatic! They cheaped out on that too. It wasn't something I used but they removed the kids area to put a new store and put a bar where the old store was. Total was for me when the prices at the store and for drinks are absolutely absurd. 

Where did that projection come from that they are capping season tickets? More curious because I honestly haven't noticed any new season ticket holders near me, certainly not full season tickets because the seats around me that aren't full season ticket holders that I already know I haven't noticed repeat people in the handful of rows near me. I'm absolutely terrible with names but when you sit in the same seats every game it's easy to recognize the people around ya, especially if they go more than a few times. 

To me it seems like something the front office would pump out to inflate actual interest, especially when there is absolutely going to be a good amount of people opting out of renewing. 

This team might have a bright future but they are going to have to prove it for people to drop the amount of money that this team wants and this year has been a huge step backwards so far.

Let me ask you something: why do you have season tickets? Because it sounds like you don’t really enjoy the experience of it at all. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Let me ask you something: why do you have season tickets? Because it sounds like you don’t really enjoy the experience of it at all. 

I like my seats and the people around me and seeing live hockey. I also fully admit that it's a habit at this point. It's something I do look forward to most of the time but this last decade has been a real drag and this year being a step back really has taken the wind out of my sails with the team. Yes the future should be bright with this team and despite me thinking that it will be there is absolutely no guarantee. 

Everything else on the season ticket end is meaningless to me. The perks most people like, like the autograph events aren't for me, I simply don't care about meeting the guys, I'd rather shoot the sh!t with them and have a beer or something but I'm not into standing in line for an autograph. I do like the buyback option and I'd be livid if they ever removed it. Between that and being able to sell some games for face value I can at least get a decent chunk of money back because I do have other schedule conflicts and stuff like back to back home games which I simply hate. 

Also it absolutely sounds pompous and that's fine because I firmly believe it but this topic always gets me heated because I know I could run the off the ice things better than the goofball Jake Reynolds with his sneakers and suits and the rest of the clueless dummies who run this aspect of the team. 

There's 4 reasons they sold a ton of season tickets last year, Jack Hughes, winning, beating the Rangers and Jack Hughes. 

This team sold as many tickets as they did in spite of the clown show going on in the non hockey operations departments not because of them. 

It's unfortunately been this way for a long time and it's something that needs an entire house cleaning on. I just need to get drunk with our booze hound owners one day and I can easily convince them to change the whole system lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also it absolutely sounds pompous and that's fine because I firmly believe it but this topic always gets me heated because I know I could run the off the ice things better than the goofball Jake Reynolds with his sneakers and suits and the rest of the clueless dummies who run this aspect of the team. 

I 100% any of us could run that side better. The marketing side of the organization is an absolute joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

All the negatives youve mentioned here were applicable last year, too. The only exception being we were slightly better at home last year. Again, I think fans, even new ST holders, recognize the on ice product is in a temporary dip and will continue on an upward trajectory. I do agree that it sounds like they do need to improve the overall experience.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

All the negatives youve mentioned here were applicable last year, too. The only exception being we were slightly better at home last year. Again, I think fans, even new ST holders, recognize the on ice product is in a temporary dip and will continue on an upward trajectory. I do agree that it sounds like they do need to improve the overall experience.

They had the huge winning streak earlier in the season that really got people on board and continued it with the most wins in franchise history and the most points by a Devils player in franchise history.

New season ticket holders are most likely experiencing that it's very hard to sell games for face value, especially when you see ticket prices for a game like last night on the secondary market, then add a 9% increase on that.

There's also silly things they do to cut their nose off to spite their face. Like letting a lot of first time season ticket holders know they are cheap by giving us money back for the outdoor game but making it a lower tier game "because there's no guarantee that it would have been a higher tier game on a Saturday night" 

Financially season tickets for this team is always a poor decision, I know I could get in the building a lot cheaper but I'd probably end up simply just not going the vast majority of the time at all. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So it looks like they are changing out all the 200 level suites behind the benches and making it a whole new thing with all you can eat buffet and private bars and lounges...

https://www.prucenter.com/premium/thepierclub?utm_source=pru_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=thepier

Prepare to witness the evolution of Prudential Center with the arrival of The Pier Club, drawing inspiration from the vibrant Jersey Shore to elevate the entertainment experience at The Rock to new heights!

Become a Founding Member and secure your guaranteed spot to immerse yourself in the excitement of EVERY event at Prudential Center, including the 2024-25 New Jersey Devils season, along with a full lineup of concerts, family shows, and sporting events.

Whether you're entertaining clients, bonding with employees, or enjoying a night out with loved ones, The Pier Club caters to your every need with seating options ranging from 2 to 8 seats.

usePremium-Map-End-Stage.png