GDT: Montreal @ Devils 7:00 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

All joking aside, I won't be surprised at all if Holtz is part of a package to get John Gibson (along with our first-round pick + top prospect + VV, to take him off our hands).

Ruff does not like this kid for whatever reason and instead of seeing him ride the pine, I could see Fitz trying to do right by him by giving him a second chance with a new team. Yes, Daws has been playing well but I'm sure Ruff is begging Fitz for a legit veteran goalie (even if we miss the playoffs) and I could see Fitz trying to give Ruff everything he thinks he needs to make a Cup run over the next 2-3 years.

I hope I'm wrong, but won't be surprised if it happens.

5 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

All joking aside, I won't be surprised at all if Holtz is part of a package to get John Gibson (along with our first-round pick + top prospect + VV, to take him off our hands).

Ruff does not like this kid for whatever reason and instead of seeing him ride the pine, I could see Fitz trying to do right by him by giving him a second chance with a new team. Yes, Daws has been playing well but I'm sure Ruff is begging Fitz for a legit veteran goalie (even if we miss the playoffs) and I could see Fitz trying to give Ruff everything he thinks he needs to make a Cup run over the next 2-3 years.

I hope I'm wrong, but won't be surprised if it happens.

We have to be getting way more back than just Gibson to give up that much. That trade would be putrid. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, slasher72 said:

That trade would be a fireable offense.   

Lindy needs to go long before Holtz does.   You don’t give up a guy on an ELC who looks like he’s turned the corner into at least a 20 goals scorer for an aging goalie on a bloated contract, nevermind throwing in a first.   Besides, if Fitz was going to move Holtz for the reasons you stated, I think it would have happened already in either the Meier deal or during the summer.    

• Like 6