2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Better than Ruff or Green. Not saying terribly much but that much is fact at least…

image.jpeg.c47da415b7a8dbabf892d48c4b78b596.jpegimage.jpeg.0778b7240172f48b648569d368221962.jpegLos Angeles Kings fire Todd McLellan ...

He looks like he gets pissed off a lot.  Right now that alone might be good enough for me.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Better than Ruff or Green. Not saying terribly much but that much is fact at least…

McClellan is not a bad coach. I don’t think he’d be a bad fit. He’s not my first choice, but he’s not a bad option.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

McClellan never coached the Islanders.

He played for them in 1987-88...total of five games (his NHL career).  He can say that he not only played in the NHL, but scored a goal and notched an assist.  That's pretty cool...lots of NHL hopefuls who can't say the same.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

In what world would that be a “big swing”

Dude never even made it out of the conference finals in 16 years. 

Turning over rocks. Nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly this.

Not to mention that every candidate interviewed represents the Devils not bringing Green back next year.  Like you, McClellan isn’t my first choice, but unlike Green, he’s definitely not my LAST choice.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s fine but “patient” Fitz can’t take too long with this. Someone else will hire Berube, Sullivan and Brind'Amour will stay with their current teams, and then they’ll be stuck with someone like McLellan. 

I personally don’t understand why Berube hasn’t already gotten the job. He’s a perfect fit. Proven Cup winner and taskmaster type coach. How often is there a coach who’s won a Cup within the last 5 years available?

Seems like a no-brainer to me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I personally don’t understand why Berube hasn’t already gotten the job. He’s a perfect fit. Proven Cup winner and taskmaster type coach. How often is there a coach who’s won a Cup within the last 5 years available?

Preaching to the choir there. Fitz is honestly TOO patient. He moves at a fvcking snail’s pace with everything. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s fine but “patient” Fitz can’t take too long with this. Someone else will hire Berube, Sullivan and Brind'Amour will stay with their current teams, and then they’ll be stuck with someone like McLellan. 

I’m rather surprised that Berube has yet to be hired by ANYONE TBH.  How did LINDY get hired before him?!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m rather surprised that Berube has yet to be hired by ANYONE TBH.  How did LINDY get hired before him?!

Sentimentality. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

My brother-in-law is a huge Bruins fan. He says Montgomery ain’t getting fired. Most fans up there are amazed they even made it this far. 

Yeah, they would be crazy to fire him. He’s a hell of a coach. He’s who I wanted when they hired Ruff. 

• Like 2