Back From Montreal

Weekes Head

Well, I just got back from Montreal a little while ago - it was a great time (aside from the loss, the painful drive home in the snow, and the sad suprise of Albelin playing). I'm dead tired right now, so I'll follow this post up with a detailed report of the game in a little bit...

Bell *cough*Molson*cough*Centre is beautiful, btw...

Wow, this post was rather useless, wasn't it? Blah... :P

RD...glad you had a good time...I visited Montreal once decades ago...because I could not speak French whenever I asked for directions I was sent opposite of the direction I needed to go...haven't been back there :o

my parents took me to montreal right after senior year of high school so i could use my french before i forgot it [which is....................... now.] i actually TRIED to use french and nobody would let me because they spoke better english than my french.

the only french i used was the word "six" which i mispronounced... i'm a failure at life.

Montreal is one of my favorite places to go to any time of year. At least they're nicer than the French in Paris when you try to speak French to them.

Now, what's with the fans in Montreal not throwing any hats after a hat trick tonight by Koivu?

Report is coming soon...it's just a question of when I'm NOT too lazy/busy (there's an odd combination, eh?) to write it.

One neat thing - the Habs honored Larry Robinson before the game (as you are all well aware)...when I was waiting outside for the doors to open, I start to hear some applause from a distance. So, I turn around, and low and behold Larry Robinson is standing right behind me! Hey hey! We all cheered on Larry as he waved and shook hands with a bunch of us, and then he made his way into the arena. Not bad, huh?

Also...another little funny tidbit - a (very nice) man I met on the trip was telling me how he saw Joe Nieuwendyk, Brian Rafalski, Jamie Langenbrunner, Johnny Mac, and Bobby Carpenter shopping in Roots. He said he chatted with a few of the players for a little bit (Raffy was piling up a mountain of clothes), and he told them to earn their paychecks by playing well that night so they COULD go out and stock up on clothing from Roots...He said Nieuwy laughed and agreed - kinda funny they ended up losing that night though hehe....