BREAKING: NHL, NHLPA reach tentative agreement

GA Devil

Derek, I know '7' is knowledgable. But isn't it obvious that everyone is tired of his schtick? I've had him on ignore simply because he's become a broken record.

All he wants to be is the guy who shows up at a party that everyone is enjoying, and drops a turd in the punch bowl. Then announces to everyone that the party sucked anyway, and they shouldn't be having such a good time.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i'm giddy. i didn't even realize i liked hockey this much.

edit: what a brilliant strategy. lock out a year to make everyone realize how amazing hockey is, then come back desperate for a fix. tickets are going to be chhhhheap too. this is great. everyone stop whining about the lockout. hockey's going ot come back and come back strong!

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

I'll not be doing the Snoopy happy dance until they say, "The CBA has been agreed to by both parties." Until then, I'll be cautiously optimistic. I'll not go through what I went through in February again.

Oh, and ^7^, I still read your posts, FWIW.

Well, all I have to say is.. welcome back NHL!  :D   :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone else just have a happy feeling like I did all day?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELL YEAH !

It's great to be back here. now the other non-hockey websites/forums that have been passing my time can rot.

I'm actually drooling over the 10 day buyout period that starts next Friday after the ratification. Then the draft & all the signings. WOOT !

And that's all prior to camp...

Well, all I have to say is.. welcome back NHL!  :D   :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone else just have a happy feeling like I did all day?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELL YEAH !

It's great to be back here. now the other non-hockey websites/forums that have been passing my time can rot.

I'm actually drooling over the 10 day buyout period that starts next Friday after the ratification. Then the draft & all the signings. WOOT !

And that's all prior to camp...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feels like it's Christmas or something, doesn't it? :D

I wrote out a long post responding to Derek and 7, but it's not worth it. Whatever I write will be ignored anyways, so there's no point. I will not let you two (and GetReal, for that matter) ruin this day for me. I, along with many other posters on this board, are happy that hockey is coming back. If you're not, fine. Go watch ping pong on ESPN then for all I care. It's your life, not mine. At least I'll be happy enjoying one of the things I love most in life. Do whatever you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, stop being so judgmental! We're all hockey fans here. You seem to want to phase people out who don't agree with you. Stomping on other people because their opinion isn't like yours is not FAIR. And it is not the kind of conduct I expect from someone like yourself.

And stop making it sound like we ruined YOUR DAY. Like it just impacted you.

You ASSUME I'm not happy that the game is back. Sure, it's nice. But just cause I'm not gungho like you doesn't change how I feel about the sport. I will always love hockey.

I wrote out a long post responding to Derek and 7, but it's not worth it. Whatever I write will be ignored anyways, so there's no point. I will not let you two (and GetReal, for that matter) ruin this day for me. I, along with many other posters on this board, are happy that hockey is coming back. If you're not, fine. Go watch ping pong on ESPN then for all I care. It's your life, not mine. At least I'll be happy enjoying one of the things I love most in life. Do whatever you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, stop being so judgmental! We're all hockey fans here. You seem to want to phase people out who don't agree with you. Stomping on other people because their opinion isn't like yours is not FAIR. And it is not the kind of conduct I expect from someone like yourself.

And stop making it sound like we ruined YOUR DAY. Like it just impacted you.

You ASSUME I'm not happy that the game is back. Sure, it's nice. But just cause I'm not gungho like you doesn't change how I feel about the sport. I will always love hockey.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to that I simply respond: :rolleyes: Get over yourself Derek. Really.

Edited by RD

How about acknowledging that I have a point?

It seems to me that whenever someone in the minority doesn't go along with the majority, they get pissed on.

Is that a way to show respect to posters?

I don't care if you're a mod. You are not ABOVE anyone. So why don't you get over yourself?

Derek: There is a difference between having a "difference of opinion" and "contradicting the whole community".

If I ran a board about "Grand Theft Auto" and we were discussing the part of the game we liked and disliked, what we thought would be improvements, why it comes out for the PS2 long before X-box.... I wouldn't understand why someone who absolutely hates the game would come in and yell that "Halo" is better. Why come to a GTA site if you hate it that much? Wouldn't it make more sense to go to a "Halo" site and discuss the game that you DO like? Why run around pissing off GTA fans? It runs completely contrary to the purpose of the community and it does only serve to ruin the experience of the forum.

If people like "Hitman" want to visit the forum and conduct themselves with class and decorum, I see nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Don