Team by team salaries

Derek21

Don't think this was posted. But this might be one of those to keep track of. Oh btw... was reading McKenzie's column and came across this key note:

There is now also a signing deadline for restricted free agents. If they aren't signed by December 1, they are ineligible to play for the rest of the season.

About time!

Too big a file to post. But it's got both conferences.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=6926

Why not buy some of these guys do we really need them?...a couple of million thrown their way for some cap space...Do we need Oliwa, Langon, Ras?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they could buy out 1 of those 3. i'm all for getting rid of oliwa. i don't need to hear random screams for him anymore at games. keep in mind when matching up against well the old flyers, the devs were not nearly as tough. hence langdon and oliwa signing.

Edited by devils744

Question:

Darren Langdon    $550,000    $418,000

I was under the impression that the minimum salary was $450,000.  If 24% puts you under the $450,000, does your salary automatically become $450,000?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a good pickup. Minimum salary is supposed to be set at 450 K. I wonder what the deal is there.

As for teams who I feel are in great shape, covering the west, I'd say Columbus, Calgary, Nashville and San Jose are four to watch.

We'd just have to sign a player of equal value, HOI. Maybe the Devils would cut one of Langdon or Oliwa (I'd prefer Langdon, Oliwa is the better hockey player), but remember that it's real money that'd have to be paid. 300K isn't that much I guess, but there is definitely a point where asset misallocation is better than the impact it would have on potential profits.