So what game you watchin' tonight?

Don

I think he needs to make the stop on the Datsyuk one where he lost the puck, and the first flukey Shanahan one. He should have been over to the post sooner, but then again it came off the boards pretty quick. A goalie who is playing well reads it and is in position regardless.

Zetterberg came down the wing and beat the defense outside - inside and roofed the puck. Not Denis' fault IMO. The others were on the PP so you really can't fault him.

I'm not denying that he made some big saves (and that Columbus is terrible) but the timing of the two softies I mentioned hurt CBJ's chanes to win.

Edited by L

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see your point, but i think denis doesn't allow those two, and the jackets still lose with the way they've been playing...

Denis has really attempted to steal games a lot this year...he's just been unable too. You can tell in some of the games, like the san jose game where they lost 4-1, WOW this guy is really something, but he just gets shelled. Its not like some teams where they do face hard shots and a lot of shots where some are easier, its more like almost every shot is a prime scoring chance...its really unfortunate.

What bugs me is that I wnated to watch the Leafs-Bruins game tonight but I can't get any Leafs games on Centre Ice because it says they ar eon TSN or Sportsnet but those are for Leafs area only. Don I imagine it is the same for you.

The Leafs have seem to been in some of the most entertaining games this year.

Edited by devilsrule33

Man, wish I could have saw that Leafs vs Bruins game. 49 saves for Eddie? Wow.

And Lindros scored in the shootout.

I have a question for anyone out there who has the package. How has Malhotra looked for Columbus? I know he's got five assists and gets about 14-15 mins a night. And he was Even tonight in that 6-2 loss with four hits, two shots and 5-6 on draws.

i only saw highlights of the bruins game, but i'll be getting the fool game soon :D

from my quick view of the murray goal, it looked like a nice shot, great pass by thornton and such...strong release on murray's shot.

Edited by bruins4777

Don I imagine it is the same for you.

Probably. But I was watching the Sens, Hawks/Jets, and some episodes of "Crossing Jordan" I had saved on the PVR. Did you try channel 402? That's where Sportsnet.ca says the Leaf game was.

i only saw highlights of the bruins game, but i'll be getting the fool game soon :D

from my quick view of the murray goal, it looked like a nice shot, great pass by thornton and such...strong release on murray's shot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously Murray has an excellent shot, however Belfour was across and set. From that distance he must make that save.

Just watched the end of the game on the DVR. Both Raycroft and Belfour were great in OT. Thorton also had a nice play to thwart a Wilm breakaway in OT. Bergeron was great for the B's.

Pretty cool after the game, Sportsnet showed the 3 stars and Belfour was #1. After he skated out they they had the rink side reporter interview Eddie on the vacated Leafs bench and aired it over the sound system for the fans.

First question: Ed how do you like the new NHL? Belfour replys that "It wasn't too fun tonight, with the new rules playing the puck there. I had a little bit of a brain cramp and got caught there in no man's land."

He also stated: "There were a couple of goals there that I don't normally let in." In response to being asked if he had something to prove.

bulin sucks.

panthers game. Luongo has been remarkable, his rebound control has been a tad shakey, but really came through in pivotal times.

Bouwmeester, i've been really happy with his play. Offensively he is really struggling, but defensively he made crosby look foolish in the first period and played great in front of hte net covering leclair and some other plays. He's been great, playing the kind of game i like to see defensemen play. Strong skating, great positioning using that finesse to win the puck.

van ryn has impressed me. I've never really liked him much, but he seems so much more collected in this game. He's taken 2 penalties but only 1 of them really bad.

But for the pens...crosby...this guy is utterly amazing.

He just works every single shift. He's drawn at least 3 penalties. The last one he was hauled down and still got a shot off with his backhand sitting laying on the ice. He's pulled about a million amazing moves. He drives to the net. He's just been amazing. I don't know how people think this guy will bust or be anything less than a superstar. I was skeptical i'll admit, but he's made me a believer. I think this is the....5th? time i've seen him.

The thing about him that i am really impressed by is his skating. He's really not among the top speed guys in the NHL. But his accelaration and sense is phenomenal. He will head at you and BAM he's past you because he caught you napping. Its really impressive how strong his sight is.

The other penguins...well they played great in the first, and just kinda coasted in the second. Palffy and crosby have been outstanding together and apart, but outside of them lemieux has generated chances but not finished them, i'd say he's played average. And its hardly from this ill notion that he isn't "playing hard" he just hasn't finished. The points will and have come at times, but he just needs to play better. He doesn't need to play in the corners or give hits to be a great player anymore, the way he plays is fine, just needs a little more...touch, weird saying that for a guy like lemieux.

Philly's 2nd goal was on a 5-on-3 because Kovalev accidentally put the puck over the glass....that's just lame. And now it's turned into another 3-point game ugh. I swear every game I've seen between two teams who will compete for a playoff spot in the east has gone to OT.