So what game you watchin' tonight?

Don

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching the game...and I have watched almost all the Pens games this year...you knew they were going to lose. When it was 3-2 you knew the Panthers would tie it up and win in OT. How many times has this happened this year?

Pens take the lead and blow it..and you know the drill lose quickly in OT on the penalty kill.

Edited by devilsrule33

That's all on Gonchar. With the Penguins up 3-2 and on the PP, Gonchar cheats in, gets caught out of position and Florida goes in 2-on-1. Instead of skating and taking out his man, Gonchar hooks the Panther to the ice and gets called on it. Florida ties it up on the ensuing PP.

Gonchar has been nothing but terrible this season.

They should have a name for these type of players. Guys that have no idea how to play defence don't deserve the name "defenceman". I think I'll call them "Malakhov"s.

woohoo dodged a bullet in that panthers game.

Pens played really strong at times...but there were just times when there were only a few players showing up. Leclair played remarkable.

Kraijeck looks like a different player than last time he was in teh NHL. Not nearly as reckless very calm and much smarter. There were at least 2 plays where he was pressured in his own zone and i swore he was going to do something fancy but he made the safe play, i love seeing that.

Mezei...came out of no where, i was always "meh" to "you suck" on him. And while he did make a few errors, there were some plays and areas where he looked very strong. I think martin likes him because of how often he was used.

I blasted the blueline earlier this year, but i think it could be fine if the guys keep up like this and push a little bit more. And most of all keep kaprotsuck off the ice.

Payer, this guy is one hell of a PK guy, i'm not really sure where he came from, but he's very good.

OLD TIME HOCKEY IN NASHVILLE!!!!

Fights a plenty!!!

Barnaby's been his normal a-hole self tonight. Completely showboated after a breakaway goal he scored, twirling his stick and putting it in his holster. Then soon after, he did another acting job after Vokoun nudged him with an elbow. He went down like he was shot.

Now Jeremy Stevenson just pounded the snot out of him. And another fight went on between LaPointe and Jamie Allison at the same time.

This is part of what I've missed!!! :dance:

Fights a plenty!!!

Barnaby's been his normal a-hole self tonight.  Completely showboated after a breakaway goal he scored, twirling his stick and putting it in his holster.  Then soon after, he did another acting job after Vokoun nudged him with an elbow.  He went down like he was shot.

Now Jeremy Stevenson just pounded the snot out of him.  And another fight went on between LaPointe and Jamie Allison at the same time.

This is part of what I've missed!!!    :dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you forgot barnaby yelling at some pred fan on his way to locker room, this game has been great to watch.

not for nothing, but, if I've seen 5 total minutes of full strength hockey in tonite's Flyers-Habs games it's a lot-  and I'm being generous giving it 5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost the entire third of Thrashers-Isles was the same way. Just penalty after penalty.

Oh...and doesn't it seem like in games you watch that like the first minute in, someone's in the box?

It's a little disconcerting to think the Penguins are only three points behind us despite the fact we have four wins and they have none :P

In Canadian football, if you punt the ball through the end of the opposing team's end zone you score a "rouge", worth one point.

I remember watching a game last year where one team scored 4 unanswered touchdowns and were leading 28-0 going into the fourth quarter. The losing team finally got on the board scoring a rouge.

As the kicking unit was coming off the field the coach yelled out to the team "That's it guys!! Twenty-eight more like that and we've got 'em!"

I think that's what Pittsburgh is going for. Enough rouges to get into the playoffs. :P

Fights a plenty!!!

Barnaby's been his normal a-hole self tonight.  Completely showboated after a breakaway goal he scored, twirling his stick and putting it in his holster.  Then soon after, he did another acting job after Vokoun nudged him with an elbow.  He went down like he was shot.

Now Jeremy Stevenson just pounded the snot out of him.  And another fight went on between LaPointe and Jamie Allison at the same time.

This is part of what I've missed!!!    :dance:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a fun game. Ah, I miss Barny.

I think they'll actually get a win tonite...who's with me!? :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Post of the year right there :evil:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's well know I hate the Pens. Well perhaps not well known but I HATE them. I'd really love to see them go 0-82. So I didn't really want them to win. Worked out just fine! :dance:

Avs had a nice comeback win and beat the oilers 5-3. If you want to talk about announcers who are homers the avs guys are a good pair, they made me want to  :puke:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey at least John "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Kelly is gone!

Does he still do that w/ the Blues?

ya that prusek save was utterly amazing.

anybody else watching this san jose game!??!!?

i just started watching at the third, MAN this has been one HELLLLL of a period to overtime so far. Schaefer is fun to watch, iggy has been incredible and had beauty of a deflection. Just an incredible period of amazing hockey. Mclaren FLEW back and totally owned kobasew with a beatiful pokechecking skating play, thats what i call pure hockey.

sharks came back from 2-0, but man the energy the goals scored, the flying, the amazing (CLEAN) defense. Has been such a treat to watch. The skating...jsut wow.

Marchment tried to take a run at marleau and got absolutely TANKED by marleau who stood him up.

man, i wish i was watching this earlier...

time for a shootout

----

its a shootout and i don't like them, but man the energy. the saves, the goals, such energ..just wow.

kipprusoft flashed the leather big time earlier, but just got beat twice for 2 goals stickside.

Schaefer made two HIGHLIGHT REEL saves. Kobasew made this beauty of a move then just flashed the leather in such a beyond beautiful fasion, right handed to boot. But before that he made this INCREDIBLE kick save on amonte who dangled like there was no tomorow.

that was great.

Edited by bruins4777