NFL Week 6

devilsrule33

What a crazy week so far and what an awesome week to have NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time. I didn't know what to do at the end with so many games.

How about Chris Weinke. Delhomme gets drilled and for the former Heisman Trophy Winner steps in and drives the Panthers down for the game winning score.

Jags and Steelers had a wild OT. The steelers just had to run it a few times and kick the winning field goal but they fumble. They get it back later and Maddox throws an INT for a TD.

Cowboys with a huge win in OT over the Giants. Can you say 1st place. Cortez with a big game winning kick.

Saints and Falcons looked like an awesome game. Peterson missed a 41 yard field goal to win the game with two seconds left but a defensive holding penalty gave the Falcons another chance and this time Peterson drilled.

Bears destroyed the Vikes. Man are the Vikings having the season from hell or what.

Bucs beat the Dolphins. Williams gets 8 yards on 5 carries and had 6 catches for 22 yards.

Edited by devilsrule33

Saints and Falcons looked like an awesome game. Peterson missed a 41 yard field goal to win the game with two seconds left but a defensive holding penalty gave the Falcons another chance and this time Peterson drilled.

Bears destroy the Vikes. Man are the Vikings having the season from hell or what.

I feel bad for Vikings fans. They are used to having their team be a contender and then to see them blown out game after game. I hope that never happens to one of my teams.

I was watching the Atlanta game and that was a bogus call. NFL referees have to learn something from NHL referees. The call was a very, very minor infraction, had nothing to do with the play, and by calling it it HANDED the game to Atlanta. And I say that even though I was HOPING for the Hawks. I love watching Vick play, especially on third down... Not to mention I would have loved to have watched some OT.

Speaking of OT, I guess the Giants lost. What happened?

Who are the Colts playing Monday night? (Yeah, I could look it up,but I'm lazy and I'm sure somebody knows already).

Good grief.... I can't watch my Patriots any more than I can watch the Devils. They suck. Their defence is just awful, awful, awful..... but at least they have injuries to blame.

Denver have scored 14 points in the last 4 minutes of the game. :rolleyes:

I do like saving my football rant till first thing at work Monday morning... but I notice a lack of comments from Giant fans in here ;)

Basically that game was BRUTALLY ugly... neither team seemed to want to win it... Bledsoe's starting to look like an MVP contender in the NFC (seriously), but the running game was hella UGLY.. and I guess the defense IS improving (lot of rookies on that front 7, but man Ware gets better by the week)... still no exucse to let Shockey get THAT open too at the end... nice gutty win at the end even though I can NOT look when Cortez kicks the ball... the 2 other wins totally take away the Redskin sting... but it's too early to think of that bye week with the playoffs :lol:

Good to see Vinny's not changed a BIT though :wub:... it's so much nicer to see from the OTHER side!!!!

Oh man oh man!!! Cowboys leading the East...now that's what I'm talking about...Overall they played a great game. They shot themselves in the foot a few times but the D played outstandingly. More points should have been scored because we are capable...but hopefully the Offense will get back on track against Seattle...the D just needs to keep doing what they are doing...only longer...because NY shouldn't have scored that TD...anyway a win is a win and things are looking good for my Cowboys!!

Props to Keyshawn...who will now be known as Mr. Clutch...amazing catch...behind the back off the tip and pulled in before he got hit...just amazing!

I guess the owner of the Vikings guaranteeing his coach job security really worked out well. They need to scrap everyone over there and clean house :P

Not much to be said about the Jets at this point, no matter how bad the Devils are the Jets always manage to be worse :lol: It is a shame that the ONE season NE looks vulnerable the Jets are down to their fourth QB, other guys getting banged up, oyiee.

Clown's Bills might actually have a chance now though, especially given they have a real QB and not the overmatched kid they had the first four weeks.

The Jets were afraid to use a kid (Bollinger) who was a draft pick and has been on the roster three freaking years, no way they'd even think of using the kid from Texas Tech. If either one of them has to come in the game, it'll be unwatchable football because Herm would rather PUNT than let either of them throw the ball downfield (remember his 'a kick's a good drive' comment before Bollinger's start?). I'd rather see Vinny suck and at least have watchable games than see Herm give it to Curtis 30 times and throw nothing but 15 dink screen passes with Bollinger or Klingsbury.

New England scored 17 straight points to get to 28-20 with 7 minutes to go... but their defense's inability to hold the Broncos allowed Denver to run out the clock.

I hear that Bruschi will be medically cleared to practice this week.

Crasher, I knew it was going to be a long day after the three and out on the opening possession. I should have just gotten up and left then. Instead, I waited until it headed to OT and then left for my daily walk in the park. Turned off the radio after the 2nd Cowboys first down. And then walked over four miles. Was a lot better than getting aggravated over that pathetic display.

Coughlin is a joke. He complained at the half about 'lack of execution.' Well hey Coach Discipline! You had two weeks to prepare this team and knew about their bye history. Why weren't they ready to play even though Dallas did everything possible to try to hand them the game?

Because Coughlin is no better than the coach before him.

Crasher, I knew it was going to be a long day after the three and out on the opening possession. I should have just gotten up and left then. Instead, I waited until it headed to OT and then left for my daily walk in the park. Turned off the radio after the 2nd Cowboys first down. And then walked over four miles. Was a lot better than getting aggravated over that pathetic display.

I kinda felt the same way about that game... Cortez is just TERRIBLE... how do you sign a kicker that got cut from San Fran last year for missing extra points

I'm happy we won the game (like I said it makes up for the Skins loss) but little else was good in this game for me... but hey any win without Julius (cause Anthony Thomas is DISMAL!!) I guess I should take and be happy my QB looks like an MVP B )

I kinda felt the same way about that game... Cortez is just TERRIBLE... how do you sign a kicker that got cut from San Fran last year for missing extra points

I'm happy we won the game (like I said it makes up for the Skins loss) but little else was good in this game for me... but hey any win without Julius (cause Anthony Thomas is DISMAL!!) I guess I should take and be happy my QB looks like an MVP B )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean about Cortez...I'm shocked they've kept him around but that kick in OT earned him another game next week I guess...Even with the ugly play the Cowboys had the Giants number the whole game...it was almost like watching the Eagles game up until the end of the third quarter...the only difference was the Cowboys turnovers....just bad plays but hey if they can do that and get away with it this week then so be it...The worst part of the game is the fact that Crayton went down with an injury...I read he left the locker room in a cast and most likely broke his ankle....since that is about a 6 week recovery then the Cowboys will probably put him on IR and hope Price can step up in his place (which I'm hoping because I really really think good things can happen with Price and Bledsoe) But it's nice to see the RB's step up in Jones' absence as well as Bradie James stepping up for Nuygen...

Clown's Bills might actually have a chance now though, especially given they have a real QB and not the overmatched kid they had the first four weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Im not really sold on two things:

1. That New England is now an 8-8 team: Look at the schedule they have played. They will get their share of home games and easier games.

2. Not sold on Buffalo's defense, ESPECIALLY Mr. McGee at corner...everyone might not notice it yet, but believe me he is awful....and the run defense is really hurting w/o Spikes and Pat Williams.

But besides that, from the beginning I supported the switch to Holocumb, Im tired of waiting for the future....lets try to win now. From a business decision, this move made sense for Buffalo. Now theya re 3-3, 3-0 in the conference....who knows, maybe 9 wins takes the division with a strong tiebreaker standing...that means a home game in the playoffs...and thats $...why wait for a QB who might be something? More times then not, it dosent work out. Especially in today's NFL.

Another thing: The Jets, yes, it has been a disaster at QB no questions asked, but after hearing 1050AM talk like the Jets can play like the 2000 Ravens, I have to laugh now, that is not a top defense Im sorry, much like Buffalo, they are a tad overhyped IMO.

The Patriots are still better than 8-8. They started the season with a disgusting schedule and they did a pretty good job considering the circumstances.

I think they will win 10 games maybe even 11.

The fact is they can easily sweep all the teams in their division but I think will probably go 5-1.

Edited by devilsrule33

The Patriots are still better than 8-8. They started the season with a disgusting schedule and they did a pretty good job considering the circumstances.

I think they will win 9 or 10 games maybe even 11.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree....Im not ready to write off the Pats and certinately not ready to anoit the Bills a possible playoff team until I see results on the road.

8 or 9 wins takes the AFC East. Or shall I call it AFC Least?

If that division is bad, what to make of the NFC North?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets see how teams in your division do after losing BIG parts of their teams for the year....I wouldnt go that wild about that

Edited by LOTCB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Im not really sold on two things:

1. That New England is now an 8-8 team: Look at the schedule they have played. They will get their share of home games and easier games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I don't think they're an 8-8 team but I'm not sure they're any better than 10-6 now either - unless they get Bruschi back and reasonably healthy, then all bets are off but we'll have to see about that. I mean they almost lost to Atlanta with their backup QB, their D's not the same this year.

And yeah you're kinda right about the Jet D, they piled up great numbers last year (and this year) against a bunch of weak offenses, but the only two good offenses they faced this year sorta had their way with the Jets' D at least on the ground - and I'm not sure Buffalo's even a 'good' offense they're a decent one with a great RB.

Of course it didn't help matters today that Abraham got another boo-boo - what a shock. I'm surprised he actually 'tried' to play through it but I suppose he had to after he got accused of jaking it last year.

whoo hooo... time to football rant :evil:

Carolina at Detroit

Geesh the Lions are THAT close aren't they? Just wait till Garcia comes back, they will dominate that division as a 7-9 team :lol:...Carolina reminds me a LOT of the Cowboys... they find ways to keep winning but losi ng Delhomme could be a disaster loss for them... Julius Peppers has only one sack? Geesh... the Lions will be dangerous sooner then later...

Vikings at Bears:

Stick a fork in the Vikings... they had a bye, they had a bit going... and SPLAT.. they got housed by the Bears and frankly embarrassesd.... but the line of the week goes to mike tice (who has to KNOW his job is done there) the only silver lining I can put on this game is that we play Green Bay next week... don't get too cocky there buddy you ain't much better :P... I have to say though mister Orton is slowly maturing....

Cleveland vs Baltimore:

ICK

next :P

Begnals at Titans:

I again gain tons of respect for the Titans, a well coached and TOUGH machine team, that again hung with a team that should blow them out of the building... youngest team in the NFL and they will upset some teams by season's end... but bottom line is the Bengals got it done and set up a HUGE game next week with the Steelers....

Miami at Tampa:

Dolphins suck on the road and Ricky spent more time with the press then running the ball.. he's like Jeremy Roenick on pot :lol:... Tampa again survived some keyt injuries (now Griese is hurt too) and did what they needed to do... did ANYONE think this team would be 5-1 ?

Jacksonville at Steelers:

Good God Tommy Maddox is VINNY bad!! (not that I mind).. the jaguars remind me of a better version of the titans... tough, gritty team that again loses Fragile Freddy and still does what they needed to do to beat a team that never loses at home (unless it's a playoff game).. did I mention that Steelers/Bengals is a BIG game next week ??

Atlanta at Saints:

This just in to the Saints SHUT UP AND STOP WHINING all you've done is bitch, whine and complain.. first about the non-home game home game with the Giants... then it's something else.. now it's because THEY CALLED A PENALTY THAT YOU ADMIT YOU COMMITTED ON THE PLAY.. maybe you should worry more about how the Packers!! God the Saints are a DISGRACE... maybe hold the freaking back up quarteback on the last drive of game could ya ??

Washington at Chiefs:

and the Redskin crash to Earth is back on B )

good game by the Chiefs to hold on... but GOOD GOD is Moss good once he shed the scourge of a Jet jersey!!!

San Diego at Oakland:

was never as close as the score, is there a better player in the NFL then Tomlinson ??

Pats at Denver:

I kinda expected New England to win this one though... I don't think Denver is CLOSE to this good... but it only gets worse for the Patriots and my 9-7 guess on them seems pretty accurate.... sad thing is that could still win the AFC East!

Jets at Bills:

Buffalo did what they needed to do, and it's so much MORE fun to see Vinny suck from the other side!! :uni: Jet games are gonna make me smile this year!!!

Houston at Seattle:

the only question now is who gets fired first ? Capers, Mike Tice or Jim Hazlet ? All three need to go... total awful, packed it in effort again from Houston...

should be a fun game tonight too!!!

Bucs beat the Dolphins. Williams gets 8 yards on 5 carries and had 6 catches for 22 yards.

Once again, the Dolphins beat themselves- we're our own worst enemy. 9 more penalties- one that cost us a Chambers TD that was called back- and 6 that were declined by Tampa Bay. Frerotte over-throwing wide oepn recievers. Critical 2nd half turnovers. Sickening. At least the Jets and New England lost.

Once again, the Dolphins beat themselves- we're our own worst enemy. 9 more penalties- one that cost us a Chambers TD that was called back- and 6 that were declined by Tampa Bay. Frerotte over-throwing wide oepn recievers. Critical 2nd half turnovers. Sickening. At least the Jets and New England lost.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ill tell you something else...in general, IMO there are WAY too many penalties being called all around the league...we are seeing the refs more then the players!! The amount of flags has to drop a tad...its getting out of hand