7 Days of Rioting in France

SueNJ97

The paranoia will continue so long as their are hateful bigotted people in the world that ASSUME that Muslims "are up to something".

One of the guys I work with takes the bus to work every day. He takes the train from his house and then transfers onto a bus to work. Now the rules are that you can't transfer from the train to a green express bus, but typically the drivers don't care if the bus is empty. He and six other people get off the train and use their transfers to get on the bus - he's the only one stopped and kicked off the bus, even though it was next to empty. He was the only obvious Muslim in the group.

I hear stories like that almost every day from various people. And that's in "tolerant" Canada. I can only imagine what it must be like to be a Muslim living in other parts of the world.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, lets see........80,000 people at a football game......including an ex-president.

5 Muslim males congregating by the main air intake for the stadium..........supposedly praying. (An easy ruse,once we are too politically correct to question)

And people are getting slammed.........what a bunch of apologetic self loathers we have here.

I have been to over a hundred football games at Giants Stadium, and stillhaven't seen a Muslim there. Not to mention in a group of five........wow, 5 Muslims on each of the planes on 9/11 sans 1. Go figure.

Get real.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

They were removed from their seats because people saw them praying. They weren't approached when they were praying. No way does this happen to non-Muslims. They were also told to sit in different seats but doesn't mention the seats were an upgrade. The men chose not to take them and left.

The after-effects of 9/11 are going to take a long time to fade away. And especially when a group is easy to pick out, like the Japanese in WWII although Chinese got caught in the mania, profiling will happen.

Easy to say you have no problem with the way they were handled when it isn't you.

Edited by LizDevil30

Oh, trust me, it's not myself that I loathe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh wow, Don loathes me......and I thought you were so tolerant.

Remember one thing Don. It won't be me sawing your neck off or killng your neighbors when the opportunity presents itself.

It's no surprise Muslims are getting unfairly profiled. There are 14 major conflicts occuring around the world today and they all involve Muslims fighting someone else, whether it's Christians, Hindus, Jews, or even other Muslims. That's alot of violence for such a 'peaceful' religion. Until they clean up their religion they will always be profiled.

Remember one thing Don.    It won't be me sawing your neck off or killng your neighbors when the opportunity presents itself.

Well, you see sir, I have MANY Muslim friends, I work with many Muslims every day, I've worked on a documentry about Islam in Canada with a Muslim producer and fellow videographers, I've helped out with iftar on occassion and stuck around for the conversation ... and I've not once had my neck sawed off. NOT ONCE. Given how prevelant this is, I'm shocked that I don't have any scaring on my neck from the last saw attack. :rolleyes:

Easy to say you have no problem with the way they were handled when it isn't you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I take up kneeling in prayer with a group of friends at a major sporting event drawing attention to ourselves by doing it, in a city that had the worlds worst terrorist attack, and is reported to be taking pictures, I might then have a problem with it. Then I'd demand free box seats for another game and go on with my life.

Otherwise, I'll just keep the opinion that they were in the wrong by not using proper judgement in their place and time for a group prayer.

Now, the question is, did the players gather for a group prayer and did the FBI question them. See, there you go. Profiling of Non-NFL player prayers. The NFL should ban such practices as it forces religion onto viewers just trying to watch a football game. :rolleyes::dizzy:

This paranoia will continue as long as the paranoia of NO RELIGION in the classroom whatsoever exists. Children must be taught what all religions are about. Knowledge is power. Knowledge trumps fear. And fear as we all know makes it possible for hatred to exist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I learned a lot about religion, objectively, in World History.

:argh:

Riot in France doesn't imply ONLY muslim...

it's only a part of the young who were "on war"

And most important... the "few" young (who are muslim) doesn't act FOR their religion... or 'coz they are muslim...

It's a social nightmare for all of them !

They are insulted all the day, all year... not 'coz they are "muslim"... only 'coz they are NO-White people or only young people (there is a LOT of white people in the "Riot's gang")

But don't get me wrong, stupidity is on both side... Police man are REALLY stupid (violent, racist etc etc... ) not all obviously... but a large part of them are reeeaally stupid

BUT "young people" are as stupid as police... really... sometimes it's ridiculous

They attacked Firemans who want to help us, or help innocent "colletaral damage"

But all this thread is revolting...

all this crap about "riot so it's muslim"...

And obviously, Jimmy need some time to read book and learn to think with another thing that the TV :whistling:

Thanks to come to my rescue moustic :P

(merciiiiiiiiiiiiiii mdr)

suscpicion... well, even if I have a thought for every people killed during in september 11th I just would like to say war in Irak killed more Americans than terrorism in America...

And, remember, Oklahoma City... terrorism isn't a muslim speciality I think...

Or youngsters shooting boys and girls in US schools... or car accidents...

more people died of that than terrorism... stop the paranoia and try to understand WHY some people want destruction of USA... instead of creating terrorism with your hate.

To the members of the board from France, if you are near all this, just be safe, i hope all this chaos ends soon.

Another thing: 40+ posts and George hasnt been blamed yet? That's a first :doh1::D:D

Edited by LOTCB

When I take up kneeling in prayer with a group of friends at a major sporting event drawing attention to ourselves by doing it, in a city that had the worlds worst terrorist attack, and is reported to be taking pictures, I might then have a problem with it.
Edited by SueNJ97

Maybe our French friends need some sensitivity training about Policemen.

Maybe our policemen friends need some sensitivity training about how not to let their power go to their heads and how not to instinctively want to beat up/maim/kill anyone with darker skin than their own... isn't that right, Rodney King?

And I never said they rioted because they WERE Muslim.

No, you just hate all Muslims... and everyone else, for that matter.

This just shows how silly this board can be sometimes. It seems to me that Muslims are involved in the rioting, nobody is disputing that, right? But if someone mentions that then they hate Muslims or aren't being fair because it is the police's fault. The police though get none of this benefit of the doubt. They are evil and if you say they may not be evil then you are wrong because it is a given fact that needs no proof in this instance to prove that the police are at fault. Rioters = unjustly suffering souls and police = power hungry hate mongers.

Getting back to the situation in France, it sounds like both sides may have overreacted, but can I ask the two French posters, if the police had been more restrained in their response, would the riots have died out, or, do you think the rioters would have taken it as a sign that they could just keep on rioting and nobody would stop them? In other words, would either response have been a bad decision? Was there NO "good" response because there is such distrust on both sides?

Getting back to the situation in France, it sounds like both sides may have overreacted, but can I ask the two French posters, if the police had been more restrained in their response, would the riots have died out, or, do you think the rioters would have taken it as a sign that they could just keep on rioting and nobody would stop them? In other words, would either response have been a bad decision? Was there NO "good" response because there is such distrust on both sides?

It's a difficult question... like, who was first? the egg or the bird?

I think the riot is fueled by police reaction, our minister (who hopes to be elected on the security topic), the medias.

A lot of stupid youngsters are rioting just to do like TV... like the other suburbs etc.

Politics and medias reactions are used by a lot of rioters as relays : I mean, they think it's the time to show their ideas or more, their anger...

I think it's not the 1st time and won't be the last until the true problems will not be corrected (unemployment, respect, education...)

I can't defend the rioters because I hate violence but I saw and read somethings about the other side and it's sometimes scary... both sides need to be more neutral. It seems to be less dramatic as time passes but both sides need a better understanding of the other...

It won't happen with our minister, I fear, because he needs this kind of riot to be elected in 2007... and he won't do anything until that, except speak, gesticulate and be at TV 5 times a week trying to show he's doing something and he's the man...

Also, isn't it unfair to generalize all police based on a few incidents?  We have some posters on this board who get absolutely hammered if they ever do that in reference to Muslims.

I was just thinking the exact opposite thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.