NHL 06 or NHL 2K6?

Steven M.

I HATE and I do mean HATE the fact that every game in NHL 06 I give up 4 goals on a GOOD NIGHT... though I guess this year that's realistic :P... and the more I turn up the difficulty the same the results stay too... I know i can't have defense in real hockey but not even in the video games now ??

I miss the days of 63-1 ass kickings :P

I haven't played NHL 2K6 but I have the EA game...its not too bad...i mean I play on hard and so the games are realistic with the amount goals being scored this year but i've still got a pretty good record and Elias has 60 goals 70 something games into the season :D ...just seems too many times if I'm meant to lose the game it doesn't matter how many goals I score the other team will come back and score twice more but that is how ALL sports games are....and I don't like how the goalies go down almost every time in a slide but it makes it all the more exciting when they reach a pad up and block the shot...like I said I play on hard for my season so the goalies don't give up as many goals even when they do go down so that makes it more exciting...I just especially like the way I can aim the shot in NHL 06 and I like the special deke button as well although I wish they either had more moves or the moves were a bit more spectacular...I mean I don't play the game to see a realistic defensive trap 1-0 game...it is a game after all...If I wanted real I wouldn't be lazy and playing the video game I'd be on the ice myself :D Anyway I've tried playing a 2k NFL game (2k3 i think) and a 2K NHL game (2k2 i believe) and I wasn't that impressed...to clunky with the controls and it just seemed like there isn't much they did that tried to out do EA...anywho that's my 2 cents!

Edited by UnderDogX

2K6 is really good.  Just gotta play a few games to mess around with the sliders and it's about as realistic as any game ever made.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the ice that's pretty much true. Off-ice there are a couple little annoying things, like after manually playing half a franchise season, in the column where each player is tagged (scorer, utility, hard-nosed) just about EVERYONE is now labled a scorer, whether they have five points or 40, guess it's the style I play :P Plus whenever a player gets hurt and they come back, and I put them on a line or a pairing, the chemistry's almost nil even if it was high before the injury.

I'm not sure the chemistry rating really affects anything except sim games though. And 2K6 overall is MILES better than the NHL06 series.

I think the last 2k game I had played was 2k2 on Dreamcast and I wasn't thrilled. So I went out and got 06 as soon as it came out and after playing it for awhile (mostly franchise) I realized it was the same game as 05, except defence was eliminated and every player could do fancy moves with a flick of the R-stick. So I got 2k6 and I love it. Heritage teams (89 Flames? drool.), very in-depth franchise, etc. I'm very pleased with 2k6, although I think the EA games are better for multiplayer games..

I think online play varies on the type of opponent your playing. If it's someone that knows what they're doing (using pro-control passing, setting up offensive plays.. doing things that are realistic) it's fun, but if you play someone where all they do is hit hit hit, it get's really boring..

Overall, the game is awesome, I've been playing franchise everyday.. and I gotta say I like my NHL 2K6 New Jersey Devils better then the real Devils (although they showed some heart and played well this weekend, maybe this is their turnaround?)