I made a wager with Derek21

LOTCB

Derek21 took the Sabres, LOTCB takes the Devils, who will finish higher?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Derek21 took the Sabres, LOTCB takes the Devils, who will finish higher?

• Devils
    • Sabres

I don't know but since he bothered to put it in poll form I had to ask lol. On most fan sites you would expect the answer to be the home team, but on this one who knows.

Pragmatically though it's too many points to make up (13), and Drury won't be out forever.

Edited by Hasan4978

Realistically the answer is no way do the Devils end up with more points than the Sabres.

Right now each team has 40 games left.

The Sabres have 56 pts or an average of 1.33 pts per game. Even if that fell all the way off to 1 point per game they would still have 96 points at the end of the season.

The Devils have 43 points or an average of 1.02 points per game. Barely over .500. In order to get 97 points the Devils would need 54 points on 40 games or an average of 1.35 points per game. The Devils lost 5 games after regulation in the forst half of the season, if they lose 3 in the second half, that leaves us with 37 games to get 51 points or 26 wins and 11 losses. Even the most optimistic Devils fan can't possibly think that is doable.

Realistically the answer is no way do the Devils end up with more points than the Sabres.

Right now each team has 40 games left.

The Sabres have 56 pts or an average of 1.33 pts per game. Even if that fell all the way off to 1 point per game they would still have 96 points at the end of the season.

The Devils have 43 points or an average of 1.02 points per game. Barely over .500. In order to get 97 points the Devils would need 54 points on 40 games or an average of 1.35 points per game. The Devils lost 5 games after regulation in the forst half of the season, if they lose 3 in the second half, that leaves us with 37 games to get 51 points or 26 wins and 11 losses. Even the most optimistic Devils fan can't possibly think that is doable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent breakdown Petey but I also take this approach:

Sabres have a very good chance to fall 7-9 pts off of their 1st half pace, and if you ask me, I think the Devils can increase by 6-8 pts.

Therefore, Derek21, Ill take Filet Mignon! :lol::lol:

LCB I swear you are the most fatalistic, but yet light hearted and entertaining depressed sports fan I think I've ever met.... do you pull the plug on your playstation games as you win championships by simply not accepting it being possible ?? :lol:

LCB I swear you are the most fatalistic, but yet light hearted and entertaining depressed sports fan I think I've ever met.... do you pull the plug on your playstation games as you win championships by simply not accepting it being possible ?? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great post. You summed up Clown to a tee. :rofl:

LOTCB I swear you are the most fatalistic, but yet light hearted and entertaining depressed sports fan I think I've ever met.... do you pull the plug on your playstation games as you win championships by simply not accepting it being possible ?? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have to put this in my sig!!! Too classic!

Me depressed? Nah, but I do have a barrell ready to put myself in and go down Niagara Falls if the Bills lose a 5th Super Bowl, but me depressed? Nah!! :lol::lol:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I have to put this in my sig!!!  Too classic!

Me depressed?  Nah, but I do have a barrell ready to put myself in and go down Niagara Falls if the Bills lose a 5th Super Bowl, but me depressed?  Nah!!  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude you can see the life coming out of you in your posts sometimes... it's kinda painful (well when it's not one of my teams whipping on yours :evil: )

You never answered the question though..... you DO pull the plug out don't ya ??? :lol:B )

My god I am absolutely HORRIFIED at how close this poll is... :blink:

The Kool-Aid is sure flowing tonight. I realistically don't see the Devils passing the Sabres. So I picked the Sabres. I do however think the Devils will make the playoffs and if they face the Sabres they will pass them there. :evil:

LOTCB, I have used your fatalistic approach with the Devils many times and just as many times, I haven't, and it didn't change the outcome one bit. :)

optimism abounds among devils fans since patty is back i guess, enough voting with your hearts though people, use your heads on this one, buffalo is built for this new league, they have two solid goalies, a slew of young, small, fast, creative forwards (who actually shoot on goal), a couple of d-men with huge point shots (that actually hit the net) and a couple of fast creative d-men who join the rush, but don't leave their goalie out to dry. Add to that the facts pointed out above (Petey I think) regarding average points, current difference in standings, etc., and you have to give the edge to buffalo. Hey, if nothing else, they are in the playoff picture right now, and the devils are on the outside looking in for the first time since '96. Granted, much can change in 40 games, but my guess right now, based on what we're seeing, buffalo and the rangers amassed enough points in the first half of the season to still get them to the party by season's end, while the devils have a long, hard, very uphill struggle to get the invite.

man just imagine if LCB was a Jets fan

the pain and misery.....

well it would be funny to watch :lol:

so what ya think of your football coach running the hell outta town ??? B )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love it, good riddance to Mularkey!

(Unless Old Man Marv takes over, then Ill be annoyed) :doh1:

I love it, good riddance to Mularkey!

(Unless Old Man Marv takes over, then Ill be annoyed)  :doh1:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aw come on... don't you wanna hear Marv sing the ol'Gooo Billlllllllllssssssssssssss song again like he did the last time around ??? Comedy Gold :D

Hey maybe they can pull a Rangers and shuffle out Kelly, Thomas and Bruce Smith for old time's sake too !!! :lol:

Well, I was starting to prepare for lunch given how the Devils played last night but not so fast:

VISITOR

LOS ANGELES KINGS

Game 47 Away Game 26

Game Summary

Game 0662

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Attendance 18,690 at HSBC Arena

Start 7:38 PM ET; End 10:06 PM ET

Final

10 HOME

BUFFALO SABRES

Game 44 Home Game 24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORING SUMMARY

G Per Time Team Goal Scorer Assist Assist L.A BUF STR

1 1 1:06 BUF J. MCKEE (3) M. GRIER (6) C. DRURY (18) 6 37 31 20 13 7 74 20 45 30 25 23 EV

2 1 1:19 BUF C. DRURY (16) D. PAILLE (2) M. GRIER (7) 6 37 31 20 13 7 23 20 74 45 30 25 EV

3 1 4:33 BUF A. KOTALIK (18) J. HECHT (13) T. CONNOLLY (26) 10 57 40 31 15 14 12 55 51 30 27 19 EV

4 1 10:46 BUF J. HECHT (10) A. KOTALIK (14) 19 43 37 31 24 22 55 5 30 19 12 10 EV

5 1 17:06 BUF J. HECHT (11) T. CONNOLLY (27) C. DRURY (19) 7 45 42 37 29 19 55 5 51 30 23 19 EV

6 1 18:26 L.A J. COWAN (6) D. BROWN (11) M. WEAVER (6) 15 10 45 23 22 14 13 74 45 30 25 20 EV

7 2 6:13 BUF J. HECHT (12) T. NUMMINEN (23) A. KOTALIK (15) 10 45 22 14 55 12 30 27 23 19 PP

8 2 11:16 BUF J. POMINVILLE (6) T. CONNOLLY (28) C. DRURY (20) 10 45 24 22 14 29 19 55 51 30 23 PP

9 2 19:20 BUF J. POMINVILLE (7) Unassisted 10 45 37 24 22 20 29 5 74 30 9 SH

10 3 14:48 BUF J. POMINVILLE (8) M. AFINOGENOV (20) D. ROY (15) 10 45 23 14 13 29 9 61 51 30 26 PP

11 3 15:36 BUF D. PAILLE (1) J. NOVOTNY (1) M. GRIER (8) 6 45 43 40 29 15 20 13 74 45 30 25 EV

Hey Clown...I like the fact that on the night I was able to give you your surprise present, the Sabres responded with this yeoman-like effort!

Not a good night for AHL Fodder. Garon lit up for 3 in less than 4:00 and I didn't play Hecht, who only had a hat trick.

And you were concerned about Buffalo's offense!

Edited by Derek21