Paul Martin needs a nickname, poor guy

David Puddy

Was just reading the game quotes from the panthers game, and lou says:

Poor guy doesn't have a nickname. I was thinking they should call him PM for "prime minister", then I realized HIS INITIALS ARE PM. I'm slow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it seems that most nicknames are just a shortened name with "y" on the end. We already have a Marty, so I guess he can Pauly? I would spell it like Paulie, though. Much rather be a Sopranos character than Pauly Shore. :o

Well, it seems that most nicknames are just a shortened name with "y" on the end.  We already have a Marty, so I guess he can Pauly?  I would spell it like Paulie, though.  Much rather be a Sopranos character than Pauly Shore. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I thought of, too. My friend and I started calling him Paulie a while ago because calling him by his last name would confuse him with Martin Brodeur.

It's not the most creative nickname, but neither are the other players' nicknames. I like it. :)

I've been calling him 'Pama' for a while - but Im sure they have a name for him in the locker room -- there's no shortage of nicknames in sports..

I think that soccer has the best ones though - - some of my faves :

'Manteca" (butter)

"El bendito" (blessed one)

"La Gata" (the female cat)

"La Bruja" (the witch)

:lol::lol:

Well, it seems that most nicknames are just a shortened name with "y" on the end.  We already have a Marty, so I guess he can Pauly?  I would spell it like Paulie, though.  Much rather be a Sopranos character than Pauly Shore. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Martini?