Keith Primeau

langs15

Too bad....that's a crappy way to end it..

His career could very well be over. I don't usually ever feel bad for a Flyer, but in this case, I do. That sucks.

That sums up my feelings as well. I like Keith. He was hardnosed and tough. It's unfortunate that his career is probably over.

He may be done for this season but he may try to come back next season. This could give the Flyers some money to get a winger in at the trade deadline. I think it depends who is healthy. Stevenson is also another one who may be done, Flyers might waive him.

Not surprised about the Turncoat- is it his hip? Or his groin? Those were always his problems when he was with the Devils.

Not surprised about the Turncoat- is it his hip? Or his groin? Those were always his problems when he was with the Devils.

both, plus he honestly hasn't done much with the flyers. he is ok on the penalty kill...but really not that great at all.

Turner just got back into the line-up and Hitchcock has him on his second PK unit.

Eitherway, Philly is pretty much nothing without Foresberg in the line-up. When Floppa is hurt the team dies.

By the way, what the hell is ESPN Hockey night? I seldom put ESPN and Hockey in the same sentence.

Turner just got back into the line-up and Hitchcock has him on his second PK unit.

Eitherway, Philly is pretty much nothing without Foresberg in the line-up. When Floppa is hurt the team dies.

By the way, what the hell is ESPN Hockey night? I seldom put ESPN and Hockey in the same sentence.

i wouldn't say they are pretty much nothing without forseberg. If the rest of the team was healthy sans forseberg the team is still a very good team, not cup worthy, but definently 2nd round of playoffs at least, with forsberg it's a cup team. the team still isn't healthy.

i wouldn't say they are pretty much nothing without forseberg. If the rest of the team was healthy sans forseberg the team is still a very good team, not cup worthy, but definently 2nd round of playoffs at least, with forsberg it's a cup team. the team still isn't healthy.

Call me when the Flyers get some goaltending, okay? They're not winning the Cup with or without Floppa until they do. Kapish?

Call me when the Flyers get some goaltending, okay? They're not winning the Cup with or without Floppa until they do. Kapish?

umm....they have goaltending, defense, depth, and a top 5 player in the game. Their goaltending isn't up to the level of say the devils, but it's more than enough, there is experience there in esche who has really played solid since his return from injury. And the flyers, similar to the red wings, are good enough defensively that they can carry their goalie. Jonsson, hatcher, dejardins, pitkanen, rathjie, and meyer that top 6 is as good as any in the league, if not better, it's a perfect mix of skating, grit, and size.

up front they have one of the best middles in the league, zeus, nedved, carter, richards, and of course floppa. Criticize them all you want, the depth is clearly there. To complement that they have knuble and gagne as the main top scorers and a host of other strong grinders and gritty players. The heart is clearly there, they don't have two absolutely defined scoring lines, but they are built to have one main dominant scoring line and three great grinding lines that pop in and out on the score sheet.

They don't have that shocking speed of carolina or the obvious skill of ottawa, but their all around mix, when healthy, is better than almost anybody in the league. They don't suffer from a lack of heart like ottawa or an all around average d core like carolina. They don't clearly have the cup already, no way am i going to say that, but they are a cup contender. But let's say your best argument against them is that they are unable to stay healthy. The flyers have the most man injuries in the league by a significant margin and are still near the top in the league.

Did anyone else hear this tonight? Rob Blake left the game with a groin injury....hmmmm And Pronger has some kind of chipped bone.....Looks like Dan Boyle better get ready....

umm....they have goaltending, defense, depth, and a top 5 player in the game. Their goaltending isn't up to the level of say the devils, but it's more than enough, there is experience there in esche who has really played solid since his return from injury. And the flyers, similar to the red wings, are good enough defensively that they can carry their goalie. Jonsson, hatcher, dejardins, pitkanen, rathjie, and meyer that top 6 is as good as any in the league, if not better, it's a perfect mix of skating, grit, and size.

up front they have one of the best middles in the league, zeus, nedved, carter, richards, and of course floppa. Criticize them all you want, the depth is clearly there. To complement that they have knuble and gagne as the main top scorers and a host of other strong grinders and gritty players. The heart is clearly there, they don't have two absolutely defined scoring lines, but they are built to have one main dominant scoring line and three great grinding lines that pop in and out on the score sheet.

They don't have that shocking speed of carolina or the obvious skill of ottawa, but their all around mix, when healthy, is better than almost anybody in the league. They don't suffer from a lack of heart like ottawa or an all around average d core like carolina. They don't clearly have the cup already, no way am i going to say that, but they are a cup contender. But let's say your best argument against them is that they are unable to stay healthy. The flyers have the most man injuries in the league by a significant margin and are still near the top in the league.

Don't underestimate they're missing their emotional leader and captain in Primeau too. He would've won the Smythe if the flyers won the Cup in '04 by a landslide. I think that will hurt them along with goaltending that still- I don't think- can be trusted.

Don't underestimate they're missing their emotional leader and captain in Primeau too. He would've won the Smythe if the flyers won the Cup in '04 by a landslide. I think that will hurt them along with goaltending that still- I don't think- can be trusted.

I got into this same debate with Joe Mac on this past week's NY Hockey Report. He seemed to believe there was no chance they could get to a Game 7 of the ECF like two years ago. I begged to differ. It had more to do with the Flyers difficult forechecking style than the goalies. That kind of style is tough during the playoffs. That's why they along with Carolina I see as the favorites at this point. Though Carolina is already feeling the effects of making that Weight trade. Not a smart move. It might wreck the chemistry.

I got into this same debate with Joe Mac on this past week's NY Hockey Report. He seemed to believe there was no chance they could get to a Game 7 of the ECF like two years ago. I begged to differ. It had more to do with the Flyers difficult forechecking style than the goalies. That kind of style is tough during the playoffs. That's why they along with Carolina I see as the favorites at this point. Though Carolina is already feeling the effects of making that Weight trade. Not a smart move. It might wreck the chemistry.

The Flyers are deep and well-coached, plus they play physical- they'll be dangerous for sure, and if Esche or Nittymaki get hot, then watch put, definately. But that's a big if IMO. If you don't have capable goaltending for 4 rounds- I don't care what kind of style you play- you won't win the Cup. Nittymaki is a rookie and Esche has had one good run and followed it up with a thus far lousy year. I just can't see them winning with the goaltending as it's presently constituted, tough forechecking style or not.

Like i said esche has played very well since returning from injury. Not a single loss or game has been his fault. Esche was fantastic in the caps game tonight, he still is showing issues with rebound control, but he has been cutting down on that still and is returning to the esche the flyers saw in the playoffs and last year in general.

Niitymaki is a rookie, but one hell of a rookie. He started 17 straight games and was a HUGE HUGE HUGE reason the flyers went 8-2-1 during that 11 game road trip. Since then he's had 4 or so rough games, but he's proved he is already at the least no. 1b goaltender.

So while the flyers dont' exactly have a clear cut ultra clutch guy in the image of a brodeur, but they have 2 batteling guys who have shown 1a and 1b ability. It got the flyers to the finals in 97, but i guess we'll see how it works out in the end. At the least, it's not a horrid tandem, at the worst it's average.

i can see why you are down on them, but i feel even with the "question mark" in goal, the team up front is so good that they should be considered a cup contender at least.

I went to all the Flyer home games in their run to the Eastern Conference Finals. That game 6 against tampa that they won in overtime was one of the best games I have ever been to. Primeau had tied the game late to get them to ot. I won't be suprised if he's back next year though.

Why? Didn't it make you sick to be in that building for that, surrounded by puke orange and black? I wouldn't have gone if I got the tickets for free. Hell, I wouldn't have gone if you PAID me to take the tickets.