Official NJDevs.com Wrestling Thread

sammyk

Did anyone watch Wrestling Society X?

I did, it was ehhhh. Some of the wrestlers are really good, the first match Matt Sydal vs. Jack Evans, both guys are Ring of Honor guys was a great match. The camera angles make the show almost impossible to watch, the camera angle changes every 3 seconds. I don't like the crowd either, it looked too much like an mtv show in that aspect, like they paid people to be there or something. Also the cheesy pyro used in the match was horrendous as were the announcers. That piranha(sp?) tank match also looks stupid. I will still watch it though, just to support the ROH guys.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone watch Wrestling Society X?

I didn't get to see it really. I have a connection problem with the box in this room. The downstairs one works fine, but I didn't see the point in going downstairs just to watch it, when my online friend was telling me who was Wrestling. That and the WWE has basically killed my interest in Wrestling almost. Like if this was back in the day, I wouldv'e ran downstairs and watched it. But whatever.

Did you get to see it at all? If so, how was it?

Anyway, njdevils2003, I heard that Vampiro vs X-pac/Sean Waltman for the Heavyweight Title was the Main Event?!?!?!?!?!

To sum up what my friend said............ "What is the world coming to?" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Although I do like Vampiro, but yeah.

I did, it was ehhhh. Some of the wrestlers are really good, the first match Matt Sydal vs. Jack Evans, both guys are Ring of Honor guys was a great match. The camera angles make the show almost impossible to watch, the camera angle changes every 3 seconds. I don't like the crowd either, it looked too much like an mtv show in that aspect, like they paid people to be there or something. Also the cheesy pyro used in the match was horrendous as were the announcers. That piranha(sp?) tank match also looks stupid. I will still watch it though, just to support the ROH guys.

I heard Tedy Hart was on there too, no? I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Too sick to change the channel so after Bam's Unholy Union, ended up watching Two A Days and WSX...Two A Days is terrible and WSX was just weird. I did enjoy watching the 1 2 3 Kid though.

I heard Teddy Hart has an attitude problem or something...could be a great wrestler but is a major jackass offstage.

Ya theres been a lot of stuff said about Teddy Hart, but who knows it's hard to tell when you only get reports of it from different wrestling sites, but he is also an awesome wrestler. It's been rumored for awhile now that the WWE want's him to start a new Hart Foundation.

That sounds cool. Who would be his partner though?

God forbid they have a *Gasp* TAG TEAM DIVISION ::Reminices about the 80's and the good old day's of the tag teams in the WWF and the NWA/WCW::

Hey, Satans, who is your favirite tag team of all time? Mines The Road Warriors.

Anyway, here's something to hold you over :devil:

23.jpg

That sounds cool. Who would be his partner though?

God forbid they have a *Gasp* TAG TEAM DIVISION ::Reminices about the 80's and the good old day's of the tag teams in the WWF and the NWA/WCW::

Hey, Satans, who is your favirite tag team of all time? Mines The Road Warriors.

It's suppose to be a faction with Teddy Hart, Harry Smith(related to the British Bulldog), Nattie Neidhart(Jim's daughter) and T.J. Wilson(a long time friend of the Harts) Who knows if it will ever actually happen, but it would def. be cool to see.

My favorite tag-team would probably be The Rockers, even though they usually got beat lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

It's suppose to be a faction with Teddy Hart, Harry Smith(related to the British Bulldog), Nattie Neidhart(Jim's daughter) and T.J. Wilson(a long time friend of the Harts) Who knows if it will ever actually happen, but it would def. be cool to see.

My favorite tag-team would probably be The Rockers, even though they usually got beat lol

Rockers should've at least won the Tag Team titles at least ONCE in either 1988 or 1989. I do know they did actually "win" them against The Hart Foundation, but they didn't count it or something. I don't know the whole story anyway LOL................

Good choice though. Can't go wrong with The Rockers.

02.jpg

Best tag team ever is a tough one

if you mean by belts and fame... it's Road Warriors no doubt

for me it's the Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane version)

and the Steiners (pre Big Poppin Steriods) are next!

Best tag team ever is a tough one

if you mean by belts and fame... it's Road Warriors no doubt

for me it's the Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane version)

and the Steiners (pre Big Poppin Steriods) are next!

Hey, CRASHER, I totally agree about The Midnight Express, and The Steiner Brothers.

On my next personal list of favorite Tag Teams, The Steiner Brothers are next, followed by The Midnight Express (Eaton and Lane).

Road Warriors are definitely my favorites... Following them was tough in the eightites.... but we always seemed to find AWA or NWA matches on chan 17...

next was probably the Harts, although I really like the the Strongbows also... Chief Jay & Jules

Ah, the good old days. I remember when I first got cable in 1988, and we came across NWA World Championship Wrestling (The TV show not the promotion, if you know what I mean) and we would always watch that on Saturday Nights.

It was always WWF on Saturday mornings on FOX on Saturdays, (At 10 AM here then was moved to 12 PM) then when American Gladiators came on, I would always watch that right after WWF Superstars. Then at either 6:05 PM or 8:05 PM (Depending if there was a Braves game on TBS) on Saturday Nights, we would always watch World Chamionship Wrestling.

And with the other WWF and NWA shows on Sunday and Friday and so on and so forth. And also AWA and World Class on ESPN

I loved the WWF and NWA and their shows about the same, but there was always something about the NWA that made me love them more. I guess it was the fact that the storylines were more cutting edge, and the emphasis on Wrestling was more serious, as opposed to the WWF's Entertainment, although they too did focus on Wrestling back then too, just not as much as the NWA, as the WWF was more aimed at children (Although I was 5 years old back then too) and relied on Entertanment more.

I REALLY miss those days. :(

Edited by 94Obsession

so anyone else here get WWE 24/7?

That channel kicks ass... worth the $10!

I wish I got that channel. I'm not sure if I do. But if I did, I would definitely order it.

Quick question, CRASHER, is that channel like an On-demand channel? Like are you allowed to view whatever you want? Just curious as I think if they did something like that would make it even better.

I wish I got that channel. I'm not sure if I do. But if I did, I would definitely order it.

Quick question, CRASHER, is that channel like an On-demand channel? Like are you allowed to view whatever you want? Just curious as I think if they did something like that would make it even better.

they pick a theme... like this month they picked a few royal rumbles from the past and you can watch them in full as they were originally aired

they also have a running monthly thing where you can watch the same week's Raw vs Nitro (called the Monday Night Wars) and old ECW and AWA shows as well as they feature a Hall of Famer and some other cool old stuff

you can't control what they pick but you will get your $10 worth!

they pick a theme... like this month they picked a few royal rumbles from the past and you can watch them in full as they were originally aired

they also have a running monthly thing where you can watch the same week's Raw vs Nitro (called the Monday Night Wars) and old ECW and AWA shows as well as they feature a Hall of Famer and some other cool old stuff

you can't control what they pick but you will get your $10 worth!

Sounds cool!!! I wish my cable system would get it where I live. Oh well. Thanks for the information.

When did ECW become "easy does it" Championship wrestling?? seriosuly I was watching RAW last night ( nothing else was on!!!) and there is an ECW title match and nothing happened.. as boring a match as I have seen! What happened to the tables chairs and weapons?? How do you have an EXTREME title match and replace the EXTREME with boring???

And why is Flair still wrestling?? No one has the guts to tell him its time to hanfg up the tights?? IMHO he was great as the GM .. but he's TOO friggin old to wrestle!!

BTW why is Teddy hart in WSX?? I understand the Hart Family might have something against WWE, but I thought the Harts were friendly with Jeff Jarret???

red, the word on Teddy Hart is he's a total douche.... he'd be dropped down quicker then CM Punk at this point :P

As for the WWECW, what did you expect ?? Vince did the SAME THING to WCW post-invasion... he uses the fact that he owns this crap as a way to step on it now that it's been beaten!! The closest thing on TV to an ECW show is TNA now! Don't forget guys like Taz didn't need weapons to bring the house down either.....but i'll be fair... I thought Kenny bumped like a CHAMP and worked his ass off to make that match better then it should have been!

Flair gets to still wrsetle and give overdone fake promos like he did last night (it's GUYS LIKE FLAIR which are WHY guys like Carlito don't main event!!) because he's the ultimate kiss-ass and to be fair he puts on a decent match still... I'd rather see Flair over Khali!

In all honesty I've had enough of Flair... he does a great interview.. puts on a funny show.. but he's like 60.. enough already!!! Like I said before I loved him as GM.. gets to do all the crazy interviews, the strut everything except wrestle.. which is fine wiith me.

Crash I do not get VKM.. why kill the ECW Legacy?? the One night stand PPV were great the would bring the legacy back to the forefront once a year.. probably even push DVD sales.. but thenew procudt is crap..

I f ikow the sandman is on or sabu I'll watch it.. but lashley as champ?? and sorry but KD did nothing for me..

Tazx was awesome.. and I know not every ECW match had weapons.. but they all had the element of craziness.. you just never knew what would happen.. now you do.. NOTHIUNG HAPPNES!!! unless one of the orginals is wrestling....

TNAs crazy factor has been pretty good lately.. I like a Styles turn heel... and the whole LAX thing is awesome... I think TNA is still missing 1 things..

TNA is Jericho!!!

In all honesty I've had enough of Flair... he does a great interview.. puts on a funny show.. but he's like 60.. enough already!!! Like I said before I loved him as GM.. gets to do all the crazy interviews, the strut everything except wrestle.. which is fine wiith me.

I can't disagree but Vince has an odd sense of loyalty, and he also treats his wrestlers like meat and he works them till they drop, remember HBK EIGHT MONTHS AGO needed knee surgery and he's STILL not had it

Crash I do not get VKM.. why kill the ECW Legacy?? the One night stand PPV were great the would bring the legacy back to the forefront once a year.. probably even push DVD sales.. but thenew procudt is crap..

Not his creation .... ergo he must either:

A. Stain its legacy

B. Make into part of HIS legacy

or worse.. BOTH like on Tuesday Nights

I f ikow the sandman is on or sabu I'll watch it.. but lashley as champ?? and sorry but KD did nothing for me..

Tazx was awesome.. and I know not every ECW match had weapons.. but they all had the element of craziness.. you just never knew what would happen.. now you do.. NOTHIUNG HAPPNES!!! unless one of the orginals is wrestling....

See the above comment... it's why I call it WWECW, I actually respected the HBK like bumps Kenny did in that match to make Lashley looking scarier, just call it what it IS dude

TNAs crazy factor has been pretty good lately.. I like a Styles turn heel... and the whole LAX thing is awesome... I think TNA is still missing 1 things..

TNA is Jericho!!!

I wish they'd have more CLEAN FINISHES ON TV THOUGH, the constant run-in DQ finish is pissing me off... least the PPV's deliver... LAX is the best team in the WORLD now.... and AJ is a good heel but NO fan is buying it... they still cheer him like mad (as would I)

I'm willing to put money Angle/Christian is a no contest of sorts and we see Angle/Joe vs CC and <consultant>

it's Scott Steiner if you want to know

I was hoping the consultant was Jericho :rant:

I think they are close to OVERDOING Angle vs Joe.. they should have BUILT to this